PDA

View Full Version : I have never, ever seen anything as dumb

Stewie
03-25-2008, 08:04 AM
as the playa nbf campaign :down:

"I'm good at marketing because I am a CFO?" huh?

vote bedard/freeman :up:

DraftBoy
03-25-2008, 08:09 AM
as the playa nbf campaign :down:

"I'm good at marketing because I am a CFO?" huh?

vote bedard/freeman :up:
Can you provide the direct quote please? With its context.

Stewie
03-25-2008, 08:14 AM
Can you provide the direct quote please? With its context.

sure

question: "
As Zone President, what specific things would you do to encourage more posters to donate to the site?"

translated question: 'as president, how would you increase zone sales'

answer: "This is a good question Being that I am a C.F.O of a multi-million dollar construction company, I am sure I could analyze the Billszone Financial records and come up with many suggestions to the staff.
"

translated anwer: 'I am a cfo (allegedly) and I can help sell more by analyzing financial records.' huh?

translated answer #2: 'I have so little to stand on that I feel the need to share my (alleged) job title just to prove I should be here'

stoooooopid

Stewie
03-25-2008, 08:15 AM
bedard/freeman, or you should prepare for a roschambo

DraftBoy
03-25-2008, 08:17 AM
sure

question: "
As Zone President, what specific things would you do to encourage more posters to donate to the site?"

translated question: 'as president, how would you increase zone sales'

answer: "This is a good question Being that I am a C.F.O of a multi-million dollar construction company, I am sure I could analyze the Billszone Financial records and come up with many suggestions to the staff.
"

translated anwer: 'I am a cfo (allegedly) and I can help sell more by analyzing financial records.' huh?

translated answer #2: 'I have so little to stand on that I feel the need to share my (alleged) job title just to prove I should be here'

stoooooopid

So through your twisting of the words you came up with an incorrect quote that you then tried to pass off as authentic. Interesting....

But the point remains that Playa never said "Im good at Marketing, because Im a CFO".

Stewie
03-25-2008, 08:19 AM
So through your twisting of the words you came up with an incorrect quote that you then tried to pass off as authentic. Interesting....

But the point remains that Playa never said "Im good at Marketing, because Im a CFO".

what? did you read what I just posted?

he said he would be able to increase zone sales because he is a cfo

sales is marketing

sorry DB but the candidacy and the candidate is a fraud

bedard/freeman!

DraftBoy
03-25-2008, 08:21 AM
what? did you read what I just posted?

he said he would be able to increase zone sales because he is a cfo

sales is marketing

sorry DB but the candidacy and the candidate is a fraud

bedard/freeman!

Im sorry but sales is not marketing, while they may be closely linked they are not the same hence why businesses have a sales department and a marketing department who while share in strategic planning do not use the same methods or same people.

Stewie
03-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Im sorry but sales is not marketing, while they may be closely linked they are not the same hence why businesses have a sales department and a marketing department who while share in strategic planning do not use the same methods or same people.

sales is not marketing. ummmmmm okay.

I guess water isn't a liquid either. they are closely linked, but water is only one type of liquid so I guess they're not exactly the same either. If you want to split hairs.

neither of them, by the way, has anything to do with being a CFO

which is why bedard/freeman is the only choice for the thinking man!

DraftBoy
03-25-2008, 08:38 AM

I guess water isn't a liquid either. they are closely linked, but water is only one type of liquid so I guess they're not exactly the same either. If you want to split hairs.

:rofl:

BAM
03-25-2008, 08:45 AM
I'm on board with Playa and NBF thanks to the Bedard Campaign's methods of handling Voter Registration.

DraftBoy
03-25-2008, 08:57 AM
I'm on board with Playa and NBF thanks to the Bedard Campaign's methods of handling Voter Registration.

And we welcome you aboard!

mysticsoto
03-25-2008, 09:22 AM

Actually, DB is correct. Sales is NOT marketing - even though the two may be linked. Go to any company and you'll find the Sales staff are different than the Marketing group.

And being CFO may give Playa the advantage of being able to better determine courses of action to improve the Zone. I think that is a plus in his favor.

All in all, Playa provided the most reasonable reasons as to how to improve the site and recruit people.

When I see ideas like, opening a new Bills forum within the NoTos - now there's a stupid idea!!!

Stewie
03-25-2008, 11:58 AM
the sales staff is divided from marketing because of division of labor efficiencies. You know, Henry Ford and everything.

so what? I still don't see what being a CFO (allegedly) has to do with selling the bills zone.

unless you're selling financial education services, which it seems like many broke ass *****es in the twilight zone could use.

and PS. marketing is too sales. Guess what, operations is sales too. and so is maintenance, finance, accounting..... everyone who works for a company is selling that company, whether they realize it or not, whether they like it or not. just cause we don't explicity call it that, doesn't mean it's not happening.

DraftBoy
03-25-2008, 12:09 PM
the sales staff is divided from marketing because of division of labor efficiencies. You know, Henry Ford and everything.

so what? I still don't see what being a CFO (allegedly) has to do with selling the bills zone.

unless you're selling financial education services, which it seems like many broke ass *****es in the twilight zone could use.

and PS. marketing is too sales. Guess what, operations is sales too. and so is maintenance, finance, accounting..... everyone who works for a company is selling that company, whether they realize it or not, whether they like it or not. just cause we don't explicity call it that, doesn't mean it's not happening.

Why do you keep typing the (allegedly) after the CFO? I mean the guy says he works somewhere, why cant we just believe him. If you told me what you did Id believe you, I dont need to use (allegedly) after I mentioned it. I dont really understand that one bit.

mybills
03-25-2008, 12:12 PM
And being CFO may give Playa the advantage of being able to better determine courses of action to improve the Zone. I think that is a plus in his favor.

The problem I have with him knowing the zone's finances, is that it's only for a year.
The next Pres will know about it, then the next one, and so on, unless they reelect Playa or offer him the job solely, the others will have to include it in their duties in the future. It's actually an unfair advantage in that regard.

Bling
03-25-2008, 12:14 PM

More of the same garbage spinning from paulB. :down:

Stewie
03-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Why do you keep typing the (allegedly) after the CFO? I mean the guy says he works somewhere, why cant we just believe him. If you told me what you did Id believe you, I dont need to use (allegedly) after I mentioned it. I dont really understand that one bit.

I'm attempting to descredit the competition without actually doing anything libelous. You should know this, aren't you supposed to be a political vet?

If this is a nicey nice election I'll be glad to go back to lurking in the spin zone. Seems like we should have some fun.

Just call me Karl

Dude
03-25-2008, 12:15 PM
That name is already taken.

Bling
03-25-2008, 12:16 PM

It's lame political tactics from paulB (allegedly).

Dr. Lecter
03-25-2008, 12:16 PM

I would argue that QA/RA is not sales at all.

Stewie
03-25-2008, 12:17 PM
I would argue that QA/RA is not sales at all.

tell that to someone who has ever said "I'm not going to ever buy _____ computers again because they're built like crap" because some QA guy didn't do his job.

Bedard/Freeman!

Dr. Lecter
03-25-2008, 12:19 PM
tell that to someone who has ever said "I'm not going to ever buy _____ computers again because they're built like crap" because some QA guy didn't do his job.

Bedard/Freeman!

QA always do their job. It is the lack of managment commitment that is usually the root cause.

Quality is everybody's job dammit!

Stewie
03-25-2008, 12:20 PM
QA always do their job. It is the lack of managment commitment that is usually the root cause.

Quality is everybody's job dammit!

I agree, and so is sales. Unfortunately, only the dumbass who closes the deal gets paid extra for all of the hard sales work done by others.

This injustice, and many others, could possibly end under a bedard/freeman administration.

Dude
03-25-2008, 12:27 PM
We'll happily sell Lecter off.

mysticsoto
03-25-2008, 12:31 PM
The problem I have with him knowing the zone's finances, is that it's only for a year.
The next Pres will know about it, then the next one, and so on, unless they reelect Playa or offer him the job solely, the others will have to include it in their duties in the future. It's actually an unfair advantage in that regard.

If it helps him do his job of increasing Zone memberships and marketing the Zone to a greater exposure...then so what? Should the Zone's finances be secret? For what purpose? The President's job would be to HELP the Zone. In that regard, the more he knows, the better...

DraftBoy
03-25-2008, 12:34 PM
I'm attempting to descredit the competition without actually doing anything libelous. You should know this, aren't you supposed to be a political vet?

If this is a nicey nice election I'll be glad to go back to lurking in the spin zone. Seems like we should have some fun.

Just call me Karl

No Im well aware of what it is/was just wanted you to tell the rest of the voters for me, instead of me accusing you of it later. Thank you!

casdhf
03-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Is it too late to vote Gunz? :ill:

mybills
03-25-2008, 12:39 PM
If it helps him do his job of increasing Zone memberships and marketing the Zone to a greater exposure...then so what? Should the Zone's finances be secret? For what purpose? The President's job would be to HELP the Zone. In that regard, the more he knows, the better...
you seem to miss the point here. he may be better off applying for the cfo position.

Dude
03-25-2008, 12:43 PM
That's next month's contest.

mysticsoto
03-25-2008, 12:44 PM
you seem to miss the point here. he may be better off applying for the cfo position.

Maybe I just see things differently. In order to better the Zone, you have to have knowledge of what's wrong. That means listening to the concerns of the people here. But it also means seeing what resources you have to work with.

Is there an unfair advantage next year? Maybe so...so maybe there should be term limits. That would solve that problem and at the same time not limit a President from doing the best job he can for the site.

DraftBoy

I dont think thats accurate. Playa is more than capable of probably passing on the knowledge of how to better sales and marketing of the Zone in a years time to a permanent staff member like NBF his running mate. There for we have somebody on staff to take care of that and its not the President's responsibility. Does that make more sense?

DraftBoy
That's next month's contest.

Next Month is the Draft!

Dude
03-25-2008, 12:46 PM
I dont think thats accurate. Playa is more than capable of probably passing on the knowledge of how to better sales and marketing of the Zone in a years time to a permanent staff member like NBF his running mate. There for we have somebody on staff to take care of that and its not the President's responsibility. Does that make more sense?And MBB has me. So I guess it's a wash.

casdhf
03-25-2008, 12:47 PM
A good product will sell itself.

DraftBoy
03-25-2008, 12:47 PM
And MBB has me. So I guess it's a wash.

What is MBB going to teach you exactly?

Dude
03-25-2008, 12:48 PM
You haven't been paying attention. He's outlined his position quite clearly.

mybills
03-25-2008, 12:49 PM
I dont think thats accurate. Playa is more than capable of probably passing on the knowledge of how to better sales and marketing of the Zone in a years time to a permanent staff member like NBF his running mate. There for we have somebody on staff to take care of that and its not the President's responsibility. Does that make more sense?
This should have been stated earlier. But thank you for understanding the question.
If the term is not limited to one year, he would be able to use this again in his campaign for reelection, making it impossible for anyone else to have a turn. Agree?

Stewie
03-25-2008, 12:50 PM
No Im well aware of what it is/was just wanted you to tell the rest of the voters for me, instead of me accusing you of it later. Thank you!

Typical.

DraftBoy
03-25-2008, 12:51 PM
This should have been stated earlier. But thank you for understanding the question.
If the term is not limited to one year, he would be able to use this again in his campaign for reelection, making it impossible for anyone else to have a turn. Agree?

Yes and No, because all decision are full staff decisions he would have to tell us all his reasoning for why we need to change this or that, this effectively lessens the need for somebody better understand our finances next time around. But I do understand your point.

DraftBoy
03-25-2008, 12:52 PM
You haven't been paying attention. He's outlined his position quite clearly.

Yea and Im still waiting to see exactly what he'd have to teach you.

Stewie
03-25-2008, 12:52 PM
A good product will sell itself.

Yep, but it takes good people to make good products, and good workers know they are the image, the brand, they are the front line. Every action at work sells their individual competency, their department, their company.

Competence and good company. Bedard/Freeman.

chernobylwraiths
03-25-2008, 04:42 PM

:rofl:

jamze132
03-26-2008, 11:04 AM
PaulB

Another basher of Playa...

I haven't heard many, if any threads started to bash Bedard or Gunz. So... what's goin' on here?

Dude
03-26-2008, 11:20 AM
He's entitled to his opinion, just like everyone else.

Stewie
03-26-2008, 02:15 PM
PaulB

Another basher of Playa...

I haven't heard many, if any threads started to bash Bedard or Gunz. So... what's goin' on here?

when I started to post, he was winning..

I'd have gone after jesus if he was running. best for him he wasn't.

jamze132
03-27-2008, 01:24 AM
when I started to post, he was winning..

I'd have gone after jesus if he was running. best for him he wasn't.
Nice...

jamze132
03-27-2008, 01:25 AM
He's entitled to his opinion, just like everyone else.
I totaly agree, Dude. it's what makes our country so great.

I just find it funny that there aren't many, if any threads being started to rip Bedard or Gunz. Carry on...