PDA

View Full Version : Who would Buffalonians want out of buffalo first?

trapezeus
03-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Just curious on a slow NFL news day. It seems that both teams have a guy that the fans are kind of tired of. Which one has come under greater wrath from the Buffalo fan?

Personally, Tim Connolly has always been a playmaker and was really one of the best players in the 2005-06 playoff run. He's got great hands and when healthy can single handedly strip a defenseman naked and score. JP had one average year which in retrospect was his best year that got topped by a rookie. So i'm ready to cash out of the Losman project.

On Connolly, it's obvious his durability and age are on a crash course to create a completely useless player at a really high cost. He could have been such a great player if he could have played more games, but, alas, this is life.

So my vote is JP.

Flame away if you want. I'm not looking to bash losman yet again. I'm just curious at to where connolly's demise ranks against a guy who has been hearing it from the fans since October.

eyedog
03-25-2008, 10:24 AM
You want to keep Tin Man Tim ?

He's exactly what the Sabres have become.

Michael82
03-25-2008, 10:27 AM
See ya later Rob Johnson part 2 (Tim Connolly)! :bigwave:

trapezeus
03-25-2008, 10:27 AM
i don't want to keep connolly, i'd just rather have JP leave first. if connolly can come back from his surgery next year, he at least can have a chance to play well and give us a trade option.

JP is just a cancer waiting to take down a promising season. i really think for JP and for the Bills, it's a priority to move him and to move him quickly.

TacklingDummy
03-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Connolly problems are due to injury.

JP's problems are due to him sucking.

Michael82
03-25-2008, 10:29 AM
those who keep saying that JP is a ****ing cancer have problems. He did his job and kept his mouth shut all year. He's not a cancer....farthest from it. :mad:

Jan Reimers
03-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Connolly is a very good, but too often injured, player.

JP has shown promise, but in relative terms has not had the success that Connolly (when healthy) has enjoyed.

JP might flourish with a different team. Tim will flourish only if the injury Gods begin to pick on someone else.

trapezeus
03-25-2008, 10:33 AM
he was quiet last year and handled himself well. but a full year of being number 2 with no chance at being #1 without injury is very different. He's asked for a trade, he has his supporters who think he's been jobbed.

I'm not saying he's a bad guy and going to bring down the team. But like every work place, if there is a disgruntled guy, and there are some people who side with that person, efficiency and morale tank rather quickly. The chances of the bills going 16-0 to counter that negativity is pretty low.

You just can't leave the option to go back to jp. if there is any struggle with the team early, it'll tear them apart. if he's gone, everyone's got to just grin and bear it and get better themselves.

Philagape
03-25-2008, 10:52 AM
See ya later Rob Johnson part 2 (Tim Connolly)! :bigwave:

Rob Johnson was a QB with a good arm and mobility whose physical gifts were severely undermined by his mental incompetence.
That's a perfect description of JP.

justasportsfan
03-25-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm not looking to bash losman yet again.. Really?
i don't want to keep connolly, i'd just rather have JP leave first. if connolly can come back from his surgery next year, he at least can have a chance to play well and give us a trade option.

JP is just a cancer waiting to take down a promising season. i really think for JP and for the Bills, it's a priority to move him and to move him quickly.

:rofl:

this was a FLAME JP thread and you know it. Look who decided to show up. TD and Philagape. Haters. Stop goating them. :snicker:

trapezeus
03-25-2008, 11:28 AM
actually it isn't a flame thread. it's been pretty fair on everyone's part. someone brought up they don't think jp is a cancer. and i agree, his temperment won't make him a TO or Chad johnson kinda guy. but his presence keeps dissenters skeptical on the new guy.

i figured TC's past contributions would keep him ahead, but then again he took season ending surgery when his team needed him the most. so no surprise that he's getting the most votes.

Philagape
03-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Neither should be back, but since chronologically JP would leave first, that's my vote.

justasportsfan
03-25-2008, 11:37 AM
actually it isn't a flame thread. .
he was quiet last year and handled himself well. but a full year of being number 2 with no chance at being #1 without injury is very different. He's asked for a trade, he has his supporters who think he's been jobbed. .

You just can't leave the option to go back to jp. if there is any struggle with the team early, it'll tear them apart. if he's gone, everyone's got to just grin and bear it and get better themselves. . you keep ragging on about how he should leave . It's a flamming thread. Who you kidding?

JP is just a cancer waiting to take down a promising season. .

I'm not saying he's a bad guy and going to bring down the team. .

Make up your mind. You've done nothing in this thread but contradict yourself.

trapezeus
03-25-2008, 01:23 PM
my thought that its best for the team that JP leave does not equate to ragging. It's a strawman arguement to make the jump.

I've done my best to explain that in any workplace, when someone is perceived to have gotten the raw end of the deal, it splits the workplace. And furthermore, the longer the piece the company doesn't want stays, the less efficient the company gets. Whether JP is TO or being humble, it will cause problems for the team.

PECKERWOOD
03-25-2008, 01:54 PM
those who keep saying that JP is a ****ing cancer have problems. He did his job and kept his mouth shut all year. He's not a cancer....farthest from it. :mad:

There is no question that he wants a shot else where, but I wouldn't go as far to say that he is a cancer. I hope that JP and Trent can co-exist, I would love to have Losman stick around as a backup, he has done great things for the community and is a class act.

Bmax
03-25-2008, 11:20 PM
Max He stinks.. Plus he was injury prone this season.. Trade him for a decent Def man .. Package a young prospect winger if we have to to get a decent guy...

Trade JP for 5 OR 6TH RD PICK..

Bmax

tampabay25690
03-26-2008, 04:12 AM

MIKEY I couldn't agree with you more JP pretty much doesn't say BOO and you need 2 QB's on a roster that can start. The guy is still young and I think could still start on the team....

CONNOLLY has to go why have a guy that can only play every other game and he is always hurt........

Typ0
03-26-2008, 04:57 AM
Trade JP for a bag of pucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!