• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Forked Thread: From C Browns blog..

Forked from: From C Browns blog..

I've fork this because I'm not gonna get in the middle of the pissin' contest going on over there now. This will be my final comments on the subject.

Originally posted by andyxc71
    I never said they all were, but almost. And the ball was in your court to prove that they didn't rely on the long ball. This is way out of bounds, as was your last post.
    You're comment...

If Lee wants to do nothing but catch bombs, then he can follow JP.
    My response...
    For the life of me I can't understand the logic of statements like these.

Myth...
    All JP knows is the long ball.

Theory...
    In 2006 Evans and Losman hooked up 82 times averaging 15.8 yards.

That means for every 50 yard completion Evans would need 9 more catches averaging 11.56 yards.

Facts...
    Ball in the air from neg yards to 20 yards... Evans had 71 (86.6%) catches averaging 10.8 yards.

Ball in the air 21 yards and more... Evans had only 11 (13.4%) catches averaging 47.9 yards.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...5538&year=2006

Conclusion...
    Myth busted!! 87% of the time, JP throws the ball less than 21 yards... At least where Evans is concerned.

Extra credit...
    JP completed 66.3% when he throws the ball less than 21 yards. Compare that to Trent's 58.9%.
    If this is "calling you out" then I guess any comment anybody makes should go undisputed.

Again... You said "If Lee wants to do nothing but catch bombs, then he can follow JP." And I proved that statement wrong with facts that out of all JP's passes to Evans, 87% of them were for 20 yards or less (not bombs).

Then you turned it into a touchdown thing (which you never mentioned previous to your original comment). Thanks to the brilliant tackling dummy we now know...

2005 JP TD passes... 1, 33, 29, 3, 46, 56, 4, 51 for 27.9 avg.
    2006 " " "... 44, 37, 33, 27, 21, 77, 6, 5, 6, 83, 83, 15, 43, 4, 5, 8, 51, 4 for 30.7 avg.
    2007 " " "... 85, 8, 47, 10 for 37.5 ave.

These are averages I would expect from a team that can't consistently move the ball (be it JP or Trent). We score our TD's with strikes rather than drives.

As for my poor use of pronouns and the word "chooch", I'll apologize. I did what so many bashers do... Lump everybody together as 1 entity.

So for now... You have your preference and I have mine. But in the end we're Bills fans.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Forked Thread: From C Browns blog..

Originally posted by draz54
    Thanks to the brilliant tackling dummy we now know...

Comment

Working...
    X