PDA

View Full Version : Now that everyone's had time to share their platform...

Stewie
03-25-2008, 04:33 PM
I want to know how the candidates view their uniqueness.

What makes you different than the other candidates? Whats your competitive advantage?

Gunzlingr
03-26-2008, 09:45 AM
I am unique in that I am a former moderator, and also because I do not want to a moderator again. I am the only candidate remaining to have been here since the place started in 2002. I am also the candidate with the most posts (though I think post count is ******ed). I believe that Playa is actually older than I am, and I know that MBB is younger, so I guess I am the middle child of the election at this point.

I thought that my competitive advantage would be name recognition, a strong VP candidate that has deep roots here as well as being a great guy in real life (and has met a lot of zoners in person); my legacy as poster and mod, and an appeal to those 30 years old and up who have real lives and responsibilities.

The King
03-26-2008, 10:02 AM
I think I am one of the most visable candidates in the election. And coming off a Zoner of the Year win I think I also have some name recognition out there.

But I believe where I really seperate from the other two candidates is in my dedication, I am proud to have become a go to poster on the zone. I try to keep things interesting and fun, so much so that even one of the other candidates has come to me frequently to try and keep this place lively. I am also very much a realist, I am not trying to rebuild the zone. I just want to be the voice of the zoners and get your ideas through the door.

My staff as most of you know are among the most enthusiastic. Two of them are already Zone Staff and have helped me a great deal as to what is happening, and they both admit that we can be doing more.

I look foward to the challenges of being president, and applying myself to make the Zone a better place.

Jayhawk
03-26-2008, 10:08 AM
plus you are a sox fan, which makes you awsome!

jamze132
03-26-2008, 10:17 AM
plus you are a sox fan, which makes you awsome!
Actually that loses cool points. And to top it off, he's freakin' Bruin's fan!

L.A. Playa
03-26-2008, 10:51 AM
What stands out about myself is being a proven innovative leader and my ability to organize a team who can not only execute a plan of action but also be successful at it.

I am also a man that is able to articulate my vision in such a way that people can understand it and get excited for the future.

I came into this as the underdog and the people have seen what I have to offer and made this campaign not just about me but what we stand for, and it has become a movement.

A true leader knows how to reach all people and not just a select few. My supporters thus far has been a cross section of every part of the Zone and has shown substance and quality is wanted over a popularity contest.