X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigGabes23
    • Mar 2006

Very Best Mock I Have Seen

This is very well thought out and explainations are excellent. Even if you do not agree with all of the picks, it is a great read.

Some comments:

I agree with Gholston going second (if not first)
    I agree that Atlanta will not take a QB at #3
    I think Devin Thomas is the #1 wide out on most boards
    I am begining to think that DRC will not be available at 11.

Interesting that they do not have the Bills taking a WR until the fourth round. This really is not a close to what we have been discussing, but would you be happy with this outcome? I think I would.

Buffalo Bills: Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida
    I have a receiver or a linebacker going here for a while, but With Malcolm Kelly's stock dropping a bit, it's likely one of three things will happen with Buffalo's No. 11 selection:

Trade Down: The Bills need a massive receiver like Kelly to complement the lightning-quick Lee Evans. The problem is there aren't any wide outs worth taking in this spot. Buffalo should be able to swap selections with a team like Philadelphia and obtain the receiver of its choice.

Defensive End: I considered Phillip Merling at this juncture. From my offseason needs page: "The Bills could be in trouble at the defensive end position in 2008, as the guys who play across from Aaron Schobel - Chris Kelsay and Ryan Denney - both suffered serious injuries toward the end of the 2007 campaign and will consequently not be able to work out during the offseason. Buffalo needs to upgrade its pass rush anyway, as the team managed only 26 sacks."

Cornerback: The Bills have major depth issues at defensive back in the wake of losing Kiwaukee Thomas, Jerametrius Butler, Jim Leonhard, Coy Wire and E.J. Underwood this offseason. Buffalo needs to knock off the Patriots, who have Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Ben Watson all catching passes from the NFL's single-season record holder for touchdowns.

Once Jenkins is ready, the Bills can slide Jabari Greer into the nickel slot, giving them one of the top secondaries in the NFL.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Very Best Mock I Have Seen

Originally posted by biggabes21

Cornerback: The Bills have major depth issues at defensive back in the wake of losing Kiwaukee Thomas, Jerametrius Butler, Jim Leonhard, Coy Wire and E.J. Underwood this offseason. Buffalo needs to knock off the Patriots, who have Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Ben Watson all catching passes from the NFL's single-season record holder for touchdowns.

Once Jenkins is ready, the Bills can slide Jabari Greer into the nickel slot, giving them one of the top secondaries in the NFL.
    I don't totally disagree with the selection of Jenkins, but the losses of Thomas, Butler, Leonhard, Wire and Underwood are driving this choice?
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
      • Apr 2005

That IS a really good mock. This guy actually knows our needs. Personally I love it. Ive been a fan of taking a CB and for the same reasons he stated. I want DRC, but Jenkins is just fine. I think people will freak out if we were done with the first day of drafting and we didnt have a WR, but I agree with his reasoning that we might as well grab a top interior lineman over the 10th WR available, especially with no real standout WRs.

Last note, i love that he has us taking Owen Schmitt! This guy must be hawking our message board.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

the Bils are more than one CB away from having one "of the best secondaries in the NFL".

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

daft day just needs to get here already. this daily speculation s*** is driving me insane

Comment

• Confused
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jun 2007

I'd be pist if we draft a cb in the 1st. that would be the dummest ****ing thing we could do.

Comment

• raphael120
              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by hoofhearted
              I'd be pist if we draft a cb in the 1st. that would be the dummest ****ing thing we could do.
              especially if its not DRC...

i dont want this to become another "well the best safety got taken so we'll reach and take the leftovers and not trade down..."

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

I dont care who we take, or when we take them. But given we've done jack squat to improve this team via FA offensively, a year from now if we dont find a way to improve this offense through THIS draft; we're going to be sitting here once again, talking about who we'll be taking with a draft pick between 8-14.

This is why Im pissed we didnt make moves on guys like Crumpler, or Hackett. ANYBODY for that matter who is an upgrade offensively over what we currently have. It's literally TIPPED our hand to force ourselves to go offense heavy in this draft; even if there are great corners or DE's on the board at our picks.

Our offense is still BRUTAL.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

Trade down and pick a WR

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by hoofhearted
                    I dont feel as strongly as you do, but I agree that unless its a great value at our pick like DRC would be, it should be a BPA at a need.

IMO, thats no other CB at 11 other than DRC, McKelvin and Jenkins do nto impress me that much.

I would honestly rather solidfy a huge hole at #2 WR with a solid pick or even picking a WR maybe 5 spots early, than draft a depth or player to push a starter at the "right spot".

If you can get a BPA who is likely to be a real, tangible, upgrade at any position. Thats something to consider.

McKelvin and Jenkins do NOT represent that.

Is Harvey possibly an upgrade to Kelsay? Yes, I see that.

Is Keith Rivers an upgrade to Crowell? I could see that even.

DRC I could see as an upgrade to both Greer and James.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

I cant wait for the draft DAMMIT!

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
                        I cant wait for the draft DAMMIT!
                        I have said over and over that its like x-mas to me.

Its probably my favorite sports event outside of a Bills Superbowl.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

wow.. so steve johnson is the answer at WR in the 4th round huh?

lol.. so i guess you guys are hoping the defense wins game for us? because the offense is sure gonna suck balls again.

vernon davis didnt do anything his rookie year, so i cant really say i think that davis is going to either.. and he is really the only additino that would even come close to starting from that draft.. unless you think the fullback spot is going to take us over teh top.. lol
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Im sorry but this is why I hate Walter's Football for Mocks, its totally sold on the hype machine, first the Bills picks.

11. Jenkins-Ok I can buy that one
                            41. Fred Davis-Yes that's a bad pick, and for the reason why go to the Scouting Zone and see the Fred Davis thread. That pick would immediately be Kentwan Balmer. Can't pass on him there given McCargo's history of injuries.
                            72. Mike Pollack-I dont know what he's thinking here, way too early for an OC. Better options include; Andre Caldwell and Josh Johnson (who is going WAY too early)
                            110. Steve Johnson- thats all I need to say. Better Options; Mike Rucker, DJ Hall, Jerome Simpson
                            135. Owen Schmitt-I have no more comments to make about my disdain for this pick which isnt so bad in the 5th had we not blow the previous 3 rounds. Better Options; Ezra Butler, Beau Bell, Antwuan Molden, Kevin O'Connell

As for his other picks;
                            Too High; Leodis McKelvin, DeSean Jackson, Lawrence Jackson, Tracy Porter, Fred Davis, Justin King, Jordy Nelson, Brandon Flowers, Matt Forte, Brad Cottam, Shawn Crable, Mike Pollack, Marcus Howard, Tashard Choice, Josh Johnson, Jacob Tamme, John David Booty,

Too Low: Kenny Phillips, Dan Connor, Reggie Smith, Joe Flacco, Chad Henne, Red Bryant, Andre Caldwell, Thomas DeCoud, Calais Campbell, Martin Rucker, Wesley Woodyard (who is a S not an OLB), Jason Jones, Jamar Adams, Ali Highsmith, Jonathan Goff, Ezra Butler, Beau Bell

I give this mock an D overall
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

I would be very nervous about waiting until the 4th round to pick up a WR. I don't care how deep the WRs are in the draft, they guy you get in the fourth round is not going to be as good as the guy you can get in the first or second round, unless you're very, very lucky. I'm also not high on Fred Davis.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X