PDA

View Full Version : Bills Mock - All Offense

coastal
03-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Here's a Bills 5 round draft assuming we decided to go all offense. I have always liked the idea of building strengths, and aside from our kicker... we don't have one.

So, let's finally build one this year by making our first 5 picks on one side of the ball.

Here's my attempt...

1. Devin Thomas, WR Michigan State - RAC is what this guy is all about. He has wicked vision of the field once he gets the ball in his hands. He is a legitimate threat to take it to the house once he gets the ball in his hands. Screw Kelly and Sweed. This is our guy if we stay at 11 and select WR.

2. Martellus Bennett, TE Texas A&M - there has not been a more complete TE to come out in the draft in the past 5 years. He is not the uber athlete like Vernon Davis, but he knows the position and can block as well as he runs routes.

3. Jerome Simpson, WR Coastal Carolina - Small school prospect who is an outstanding leaper with huge hands. Dude can literally pluck the ball out of the air. He'll help out in the redzone immediately and will help solidify a good young group of receivers. The next step will be locking up Lee Evans longterm.

4. Erik Ainge, QB Tenn - There is nothing wrong with having too many qualified QB's in the rotation. Right now I don't even know if we have one.

5. Owen Schmitt, FB W. Virginia - I know how to play to the masses. :dance:

DraftBoy
03-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Change Ainge to Josh Johnson, Simpson to Chris Johnson, and Schmitt to Hubbard! :up:

PECKERWOOD
03-26-2008, 10:42 AM
All offense is a bad idea, we need another DB and I'd hope that player to be either Aqib Talib or Reggie Smith.

Confused
03-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Chris Johnson will be gone in the 2nd. Running backs that are as fast as him dont last long

mysticsoto
03-26-2008, 01:35 PM
All offense is a bad idea, we need another DB and I'd hope that player to be either Aqib Talib or Reggie Smith.

Reggie Smith will likely transition to Safety. But there are alot of CBs that could do well for us. The depth is pretty decent...

bigbub2352
03-26-2008, 01:56 PM
I luv that draft, but i think i would go DT in rd three go after Bryant from texas A &M but luv the other picks, go after Hubbard Uritia, or Purify or Monk in the later rds like 6th or 7th

ParanoidAndroid
03-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Something tells me that Buffalo is not looking for a starter at CB. I think they are satisfied with McGee, Greer, James, and Youboty, and will look to add a depth player later.

Thomas is a classic boom or bust pick who saw his stock rise on potential since he only has one college season of note in his portfolio. However, that potential and RAC ability are awfully tempting. Sweed is the safer pick and was visible as a possible pick for us since last summer.
I love the Bennett pick. I'll take him over Davis. Another option is to go back to the WR cupboard depending on who's there. Andre Caldwell's presence would have me pull the trigger and look to the 3rd and hope a guy like Finley is there.
We need depth at CB and OLB, but since we're looking at O....I'd say Nelson over Simpson.
Johnson over Ainge.
Schmitt here is fine, but no earlier.

coastal
03-26-2008, 09:21 PM
Something tells me that Buffalo is not looking for a starter at CB. I think they are satisfied with McGee, Greer, James, and Youboty, and will look to add a depth player later.

Thomas is a classic boom or bust pick who saw his stock rise on potential since he only has one college season of note in his portfolio. However, that potential and RAC ability are awfully tempting. Sweed is the safer pick and was visible as a possible pick for us since last summer.
I love the Bennett pick. I'll take him over Davis. Another option is to go back to the WR cupboard depending on who's there. Andre Caldwell's presence would have me pull the trigger and look to the 3rd and hope a guy like Finley is there.
We need depth at CB and OLB, but since we're looking at O....I'd say Nelson over Simpson.
Johnson over Ainge.
Schmitt here is fine, but no earlier.I would love to see D. Thomas and A. Caldwell in a Bills uniform.

Throw K. Davis in there in the 3rd and we would not need to worry about weapons for 4 to 5 years... Lee or no Lee.

Oaf
03-26-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm thinking John Carlson at Tight End. I don't touch DT till we trade down or he "slips" to the 2nd.