Miller = Very average

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Miller = Very average

This guy just is not a franchise goalie. This season has proved that. He just is not a guy you can count on to carry a team. Very sad.
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Re: Miller = Very average

Originally posted by Nighthawk
    This guy just is not a franchise goalie. This season has proved that. He just is not a guy you can count on to carry a team. Very sad.

Less than average.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
      • Jan 2003

Comment

• Nighthawk
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
        Keep laughing, but think back...WHO TOLD YOU THAT THIS TEAM WOULDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED??? Yep, that was me...so laugh all you want, but I think I've got a good grasp about this game.

Comment

• JD
          Sabres Zone
          • Sep 2003

What was that.. Millers 72nd game? Shut the **** up.

If we had a backup we could rely on, we could have given the guy a rest here and there. Dont point fingers at our lack of defense or our inability to make good decisions on the attack or anything. This season CLEARLY falls on Miller

Our forwards logic "pass, pass, look pretty, think espn top 10, pass once more and try to get the puck to the net"
          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
            What was that.. Millers 72nd game? Shut the **** up.

If we had a backup we could rely on, we could have given the guy a rest here and there. Dont point fingers at our lack of defense or our inability to make good decisions on the attack or anything. This season CLEARLY falls on Miller

Our forwards logic "pass, pass, look pretty, think espn top 10, pass once more and try to get the puck to the net"
            Nice...make some more excuses for his poor play, that seems to be the norm on this board...NO ACCOUNTABILITY! Listen, if you've ever read any of my posts, you know that I don't think this team is talented or has enough character, so it's not all on Miller. However, to just release him from any fault is plain absurd. The fact is he has not stepped up this season...period. Yes, his backup sucks, yes this team plays to offensive, but he NEEDS to make a huge save every now and then. He has become the second coming of Biron...letting in the soft goal at the wrong time. This TEAM needs to get better and Miller NEEDS to get better. As of right now, he's merely average...at best.

Comment

• JD
              Sabres Zone
              • Sep 2003

Miller does randomly suck donkey dick on breakaways, thats obvious.

He does let in at least one softy a game.

But your posts, after last night, have been directly at miller as if he was playing offense and defense as well.

The short handed goal, our dman could clearly see roy coming back into the play... he was going to tie up the man to millers right... but why our only dman back went for the VERY SAME ****ING PLAYER, is beyond me. That left the man to millers left, wide open for the shorty goal which changed the games momentum.

To have one goal, change the tide of a game, WHEN YOUR STILL IN THE LEAD.... that really shows something. That shows that this team is not mentally tough.

Have you watched any of Millers interviews? This guy wants to win but he is getting no help. He calls out his teammates more than anyone. It sucks when there are no leaders on the team and you have to grow a pair of balls to say something.

This team is full of vaneks and when each player shows up 100% for a quarter of the season, you get a varied result in the win/loss column.
              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                Miller does randomly suck donkey dick on breakaways, thats obvious.

He does let in at least one softy a game.

But your posts, after last night, have been directly at miller as if he was playing offense and defense as well.

The short handed goal, our dman could clearly see roy coming back into the play... he was going to tie up the man to millers right... but why our only dman back went for the VERY SAME ****ING PLAYER, is beyond me. That left the man to millers left, wide open for the shorty goal which changed the games momentum.

To have one goal, change the tide of a game, WHEN YOUR STILL IN THE LEAD.... that really shows something. That shows that this team is not mentally tough.

Have you watched any of Millers interviews? This guy wants to win but he is getting no help. He calls out his teammates more than anyone. It sucks when there are no leaders on the team and you have to grow a pair of balls to say something.

This team is full of vaneks and when each player shows up 100% for a quarter of the season, you get a varied result in the win/loss column.
                I agree, this team is built of no heart, no character, soft players and it sucks! And I also agree that Miller is the first to call out his teammates, BUT, maybe he should look in the mirror because the goals he let in after that shorthanded goal were all soft. You just can't let those in at this time of year.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

Keep laughing, but think back...WHO TOLD YOU THAT THIS TEAM WOULDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED??? Yep, that was me...so laugh all you want, but I think I've got a good grasp about this game.
                  So one of your negative predictions came true and all of a sudden you have a good grasp on the game?

Hmmm....

Sydney Crosby is going to be a good player.

Looks like I have a good grasp on the game too.

D & S Sports

Comment

• JD
                    Sabres Zone
                    • Sep 2003

I agree, this team is built of no heart, no character, soft players and it sucks! And I also agree that Miller is the first to call out his teammates, BUT, maybe he should look in the mirror because the goals he let in after that shorthanded goal were all soft. You just can't let those in at this time of year.
                    Aside from the 1st ottawa goal, there is only one other goal I hang on miller.

The rest were deflected once and sometimes even TWICE before going into the net.

While watching the game I was thinking, where the **** has heatley been... then BAM, 3rd periiod THERE HE IS

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                      So one of your negative predictions came true and all of a sudden you have a good grasp on the game?

Hmmm....

Sydney Crosby is going to be a good player.

Looks like I have a good grasp on the game too.
                      I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I also was crucified last year when I was upset that they didn't get more grit or character at the deadline and stated that this team would not win the cup...and it came true also. My point is that I seemed to catch a lot of flack on here, but I also seem to be able to see what this team is all about. You may not like how negative it sounds all the time, but the fact is it was the truth.

Comment

• RockStar36
                        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                        • Sep 2004

Sorry. I'm just sick of having this Miller discussion. I have it all the time at home and it pisses me off. He is a top tier goalie when he has a supporting cast. All championship goalies have had a good supporting cast. Miller is hung out to dry night in and night out by his teammates who for the most part seem to get a free pass and Miller gets yelled at for it. I don't even want to use fatigue as an excuse. I think he is just mentally tired. He knows that when the game is on the line it's all on him.

Same thing with the shootouts. I argue that it isn't ALL on him and I have to continue that argument. I don't have time to look up the stats now but I'd like to know what his save pct. is compared to the shooters scoring pct.

But in the end, it's all on him all the time.

Sabres fans are going to be very sorry if he walks.

D & S Sports

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

Miller is EMO
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• JD
                            Sabres Zone
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                            Miller is EMO
                            Not so sure about that, the Emo's usually hangout in Allentown.. I see Millsy on the chip strip a lot.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I also was crucified last year when I was upset that they didn't get more grit or character at the deadline and stated that this team would not win the cup...and it came true also. My point is that I seemed to catch a lot of flack on here, but I also seem to be able to see what this team is all about. You may not like how negative it sounds all the time, but the fact is it was the truth.
                              I also wanted more grit. Miller definitely doesn't look like a top 5 or even top 10 goalie right now, but he has in the past. I for one won't put all the blame on him when the rest of the team takes a crap and the FO is loaded with idiots.

Comment

Working...
                              X