PDA

View Full Version : Miller is a horrible PLAYER.

Mitchell55
03-25-2008, 08:40 PM
He doesnt try at the end of games. He lets in the worse goals. 1 out of 6 shots he let one in. Most of the goals were from the point and with hardly anyone in the front of the net. I dont care if Paille has to be goalie. Get miller out.

Nighthawk
03-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Just started another thread about this and yes, I agree.

chernobylwraiths
03-25-2008, 08:57 PM
:roflmao:

hydro
03-25-2008, 08:59 PM
You are right, we needed two threads about this :up: :rolleyes:

Mitchell55
03-25-2008, 09:34 PM
You are right, we needed two threads about this :up: :rolleyes:

We were making the same thread at the same time probably. I checked the forums to see if anyone posted this before I did and it was clear.

PUCKER
03-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Maybe we should blame the PA announcer,too. :rolleyes:

kgun12
03-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Maybe we should blame the PA announcer,too. :rolleyes:

I didn't see this game, but you have to admit he has Marty syndrome. He let's in atleast one soft goal a game, this year anyway!

Nighthawk
03-26-2008, 06:46 AM
I didn't see this game, but you have to admit he has Marty syndrome. He let's in atleast one soft goal a game, this year anyway!

Exactly! And those goals are killers for the team...kills momentum.

don137
03-26-2008, 07:25 AM
I am mixed on Miller. He has let in a lot of soft goals this year and has looked average a lot but I am also wondering if his body is tiring and he should not be starting so many games. Thibault is a less than adequate backup. With the Sabres needing to win every game and Thibault not that good the Sabres are forced to start Miller and I wonder if it is taking its toll. Miller was much better in previous years when the Sabres had a backup it could rely upon.
If he can not start this many games and be effective it should be reflective in his contract thus not getting top dollar.

Jan Reimers
03-26-2008, 07:36 AM
I think Miller has always been an average to slightly-better-than-average goalie. I'm not sure he was really any better than Biron, but the Sabres had to make a decision.

Regardless, though, don137 is right about our backup goalie situation. Miller having to start 70 some games this season and 29(?) in a row has taken its toll. I think Miller is not tough enough physically or mentally to take that kind of pounding.

But what goalie is?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-26-2008, 07:42 AM
Miller's problems aren't with his physical skill, but with his mental strength.

Last night you could see him collapse in on himself, especially after the tying goal.

Teams smell blood when he is backed up into the crease shaking his head....

There is plenty of blame to go around, but I blame a) Regeir for not having a quality back up we can feel comfortable putting in goal and b) Ruff for tiring Miller out both mentally and physically.

Overall though, I think this team needs the spring off to get centered and put their
heads in the right place for next year.

JD
03-26-2008, 12:20 PM
He doesnt try at the end of games. He lets in the worse goals. 1 out of 6 shots he let one in. Most of the goals were from the point and with hardly anyone in the front of the net. I dont care if Paille has to be goalie. Get miller out.
Did you watch the game or listen to it on radio?

How many shots were deflected once or twice before going in?

Find out and then come back here.