PDA

View Full Version : another humilating Buffalo collapse....

OpIv37
03-25-2008, 08:40 PM
"But this team is built right- they're young- they just need time to gel."

**** that noise. :opiv: This team is pathetic. They're embarrassing- they should be humiliated by their effort tonight and by this entire season. They have no business making the playoffs. This team has no heart, no sense of urgency and no talent.

Off-season fire sale.

Nighthawk
03-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Agreed. Miller does not deserve a big contract. Get Enroth up here next year and see what he can do because I know one thing, Miller is not the guy to carry this team in the future. Just a putrid effort by Miller.

hydro
03-25-2008, 08:43 PM
:opiv:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Agreed. Miller does not deserve a big contract. Get Enroth up here next year and see what he can do because I know one thing, Miller is not the guy to carry this team in the future. Just a putrid effort by Miller.

According to a source the Sabres might not even sign Enroth the Sabres have 22 days to sign him or he goes back into the draft. The Sabres haven't even talked to his agent.

Nighthawk
03-25-2008, 08:52 PM
According to a source the Sabres might not even sign Enroth the Sabres have 22 days to sign him or he goes back into the draft. The Sabres haven't even talked to his agent.

He'll sign, they have to sign him...they have nobody else. If they don't, it would be obvious that this organization is run by a bunch of morons.

OpIv37
03-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Seriously, this team is pathetic.

They don't finish checks.
They bail on fights.
They don't stick up for each other when someone takes a cheap shot, even when it results in an injury.
They make lazy passes.
If I hear RJ say anything along the lines of "Vanek misses the open net!" "Vanek fanned on it!" "Off the toe of Vanek's stick!" one more ****ing time, I'm going to :puke:
They blow on the power play- a situation where the other team doesn't have enough guys to cover you. It should be easy but they don't have the mental ability to deal with it.

And that's probably the worst part- this team chokes under pressure- big games, breakaways, shootouts- they shut down. It was a HUGE game tonight, they gave up one bad play, and mentally took themselves out of the game WHEN THEY STILL HAD THE LEAD. There is simply no excuse for that ****ing garbage.

Nighthawk
03-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Seriously, this team is pathetic.

They don't finish checks.
They bail on fights.
They don't stick up for each other when someone takes a cheap shot, even when it results in an injury.
They make lazy passes.
If I hear RJ say anything along the lines of "Vanek misses the open net!" "Vanek fanned on it!" "Off the toe of Vanek's stick!" one more ****ing time, I'm going to :puke:
They blow on the power play- a situation where the other team doesn't have enough guys to cover you. It should be easy but they don't have the mental ability to deal with it.

And that's probably the worst part- this team chokes under pressure- big games, breakaways, shootouts- they shut down. It was a HUGE game tonight, they gave up one bad play, and mentally took themselves out of the game WHEN THEY STILL HAD THE LEAD. There is simply no excuse for that ****ing garbage.

What are you talking about? They're a great team, just young and learning...don't you know? Or at least that is the excuse I keep hearing from some fans on this board.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-25-2008, 09:15 PM
:ill:

Ebenezer
03-25-2008, 10:40 PM
"But this team is built right- they're young- they just need time to gel."

**** that noise. :opiv: This team is pathetic. They're embarrassing- they should be humiliated by their effort tonight and by this entire season. They have no business making the playoffs. This team has no heart, no sense of urgency and no talent.

Off-season fire sale.
fire sale who and what do you think they are going to get??

Michael82
03-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Thanks Tom Golisano for ruining all the fun we had the last few years. And thanks to you too, Larry Quinn, you *******!!! :mad: :curse:

Jan Reimers
03-26-2008, 08:11 AM
I not only got to watch the Sabres collapse like a cheap suitcase last night, I also had to endure Syracuse blowing a 22 point 2nd half lead and losing to UMass.

But back to the Sabres. I actually think we have a nucleus of good young players, and therefore don't need an offseason housecleaning. We're one of the highest scoring teams in the league, so just a little tweaking of the forward lines - perhaps a big, physical, checking, face off guy - might be in order.

Defensively, we need help. We could use a physical defenseman and a puck handling, power play point guy (oops, we just got rid of him). And a backup goalie. If we don't get some relief for Miller, we might as well send him packing - he cannot start 75 games a season with 30 games in a row.

Miller may not be worth the money he'll demand anyway, but he's an absolute liability under present circumstances.

RockStar36
03-26-2008, 08:29 AM
Thanks Tom Golisano for ruining all the fun we had the last few years. And thanks to you too, Larry Quinn, you *******!!! :mad: :curse:

I know this is completely unacceptable for everyone, but after two years of being a top tier team they are having an off year. That happens in sports. They will re-group in the off-season and come back next year ready to go.

Philagape
03-26-2008, 08:39 AM
I know this is completely unacceptable for everyone, but after two years of being a top tier team they are having an off year. That happens in sports. They will re-group in the off-season and come back next year ready to go.

They destroyed the team they built by chopping off its head. Going from president's trophy to missing the playoffs is not an "off year." Because this team let its leaders and best players go, it has no identity and no leadership. The team's FO did the opposite of what a FO is supposed to do, and that undoes anything they did before. They made this team much worse through their own decisions.

Michael82
03-26-2008, 10:42 AM
I not only got to watch the Sabres collapse like a cheap suitcase last night, I also had to endure Syracuse blowing a 22 point 2nd half lead and losing to UMass.

But back to the Sabres. I actually think we have a nucleus of good young players, and therefore don't need an offseason housecleaning. We're one of the highest scoring teams in the league, so just a little tweaking of the forward lines - perhaps a big, physical, checking, face off guy - might be in order.

Defensively, we need help. We could use a physical defenseman and a puck handling, power play point guy (oops, we just got rid of him). And a backup goalie. If we don't get some relief for Miller, we might as well send him packing - he cannot start 75 games a season with 30 games in a row.

Miller may not be worth the money he'll demand anyway, but he's an absolute liability under present circumstances.
Tell me about it. I'm a Cuse fan too and last night was the worst it could have been.....two teams blowing big leads at the end of the game, and both could have been won by them. :sigh: :mad:

Michael82
03-26-2008, 10:43 AM
They destroyed the team they built by chopping off its head. Going from president's trophy to missing the playoffs is not an "off year." Because this team let its leaders and best players go, it has no identity and no leadership. The team's FO did the opposite of what a FO is supposed to do, and that undoes anything they did before. They made this team much worse through their own decisions.
Great post, Philagape! :bf1:

RockStar36
03-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Maybe the players would've stayed in Buffalo if they didn't change the logo

Jan Reimers
03-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Tell me about it. I'm a Cuse fan too and last night was the worst it could have been.....two teams blowing big leads at the end of the game, and both could have been won by them. :sigh: :mad:
When I went to bed last night, I felt like eating a couple of broken glass sandwiches, washed down with a pint of Drano.

I'm a little better today, however.

mchurchfie
03-26-2008, 12:03 PM
One of the worst things that they screwed up on was to not sign a competent backup goalie. It is obvious that Miller can't play that many games and be effective. I put a lot of it on Lindy too. He should have worked in his backup goalie more to let him get in any kind of a rhythm and get a little confidence instead of playing the **** out of Miller. Miller has no one to challenge him or push him so maybe he is getting a little spoiled.

Nighthawk
03-26-2008, 12:25 PM
One of the worst things that they screwed up on was to not sign a competent backup goalie. It is obvious that Miller can't play that many games and be effective. I put a lot of it on Lindy too. He should have worked in his backup goalie more to let him get in any kind of a rhythm and get a little confidence instead of playing the **** out of Miller. Miller has no one to challenge him or push him so maybe he is getting a little spoiled.

I think that is a big part of the problem with Miller. He needs to be challenged by another good goalie or he just becomes to comfortable. He does seem to be a bit of a mental midget, just like the rest of this team this year.

Michael82
03-26-2008, 01:22 PM
When I went to bed last night, I felt like eating a couple of broken glass sandwiches, washed down with a pint of Drano.

I'm a little better today, however.
:rofl: I know how you feel. It was a horrible sports night. I was razzed all night at work. :mad:

helmetguy
03-26-2008, 04:07 PM
Comfortable? You've GOT to be kidding. If he WAS comfortable, he'd be out challenging shooters, making himself bigger in the crease. Instead, he spends most of the game with his ass over the goal line. Solution? More commitment to Defense. Too often, it looks like five forwards trying to start the forecheck in their own end. It wouldn't hurt to clear a puck out of the zone on the first try once in a while.

OpIv37
03-26-2008, 05:57 PM

nope. They simply don't have the heart or the talent. The players who got us to the Cup are gone. They're not coming back. And we've replaced them with...well, nothing of consequence. This team needs BIG TIME help.

OpIv37
03-26-2008, 06:00 PM

The FO said they were going to get bigger and tougher last off-season and they added.... Jocelyn Thibault. Then they tried to get their big checking forward in Bernier and while he's big and physical, he's also very average. So I don't trust them to make those changes.

Plus, I disagree about the nucleus. We've got Hecht, Gaustad, Pomminville, Roy and Tallinder. That's more like a shell than a nucleus.

JD
03-26-2008, 11:04 PM
OP, they definitely have talent.

I just dont see and heart or drive to succeed.

Michael82
03-27-2008, 12:19 AM
OP, they definitely have talent.

I just dont see and heart or drive to succeed.
The heart was there, but then they ripped it out of the chest when they chose to let Chris Drury, Danny Briere and Brian Campbell go elsewhere. :sigh:

Ebenezer
03-27-2008, 12:26 AM
Then they tried to get their big checking forward in Bernier and while he's big and physical, he's also very average.

kinda like a Brad May-lite??

Ebenezer
03-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Plus, I disagree about the nucleus. We've got Hecht, Gaustad, Pomminville, Roy and Tallinder. That's more like a shell than a nucleus.

oh, it is a nucleus...of kinda, sort of a, almost a start...JP and DR are good players that will get better...the rest of the team is what most of the fans want...muckers and grinders that bring their lunch every night and "try hard". I'll take a few lackadasical 40 goal scorers and one Chris Drury any day of the week.

Michael82
03-27-2008, 12:52 AM
kinda like a Brad May-lite??
:gag: