When you make a trade for a bonafide kick/punt returner and then...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

When you make a trade for a bonafide kick/punt returner and then...

Why would you use one of your best starting corners on a punt return with the season two weeks away. Some guy came up the back of his legs on the tackle, he could have been put out of business. I know that he has good punt return ability but so does Charlie Rogers. Christ sakes, that's what we got him for. Intelligence does not seem to reign supremely with the some of Greggy's decision making. Am I missing something here??
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

there seems to be two schools of thought about putting clements on the feild to return punts:

1. not worth the risk, thats what we got rogers for

2. put the best guy on the feild, no matter what

i for one fall in with the people that think the risks are much to great.

Comment

• Wys Guy
      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
      • Jul 2002

"Intelligence does not seem to reign supremely with the some of Greggy's decision making."

reign supremely...

LOL

Yeah, I hear ya though. You can add a bunch of other decisions over the past weeks to the list too IMO. I've always been one to give GW the benefit of the doubt, but I'm really scratchin' my head on a bunch of stuff.

He and TD are gonna be answerin' a lot of questions at the end of this year unless it goes much better than I'm expecting it to at this point.

Drew's the only consistent factor so far. He's gonna have to play like a man possessed if we're to have a decent year. If that doesn't happen, then there's gonna be second-guessing left and right about why we didn't do something about our DL.

Henry sucked again and against a team against which he should have had quite a bit of success. I'll blame the OL for some of it, but Henry's gotta take the blame for quite a bit too.
      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• shelby
        The Vanilla *****
        • Jul 2002

GWshelby

i do not like him, Sam i am!
        i agree with venis...too risky letting Clements return punts.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
          GWshelby

i do not like him, Sam i am!
          i agree with venis...too risky letting Clements return punts.

You just want Jon Gruden to coach the Bills
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• HenryRules
            • Jul 2002

Clements has been begging the staff to return punts. He's pretty good at it. If Rogers goes down at all, Nate's gonna be the one doing the returning anyway. With all these reasons, why not do it?
            And if returning punts is incredibly dangerous, then chances are Rogers is going to get injured this season, so we better work on our backup plan.

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

I'm all for tossing Moulds back there on occasion as well!

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Yeah...Marv said during the game that the ONLY reason that Nate Clements returned some punts last night was because he has been begging the coaches and GW finally let him do it. Apparently, Nate loves to do it and he is pretty good at it.

Comment

• shelby
                  The Vanilla *****
                  • Jul 2002

good points y'all...but risking injury in the preseason seems a bit over the top imho.
                  btw Philster, Chuckie in Buffalo would be like a dream come true...but it will never happen.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                    • Jul 2002

its one thing to let NC get a chance in the regular season...but we don't need a jason sehorn...
                    Its all about the quest.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Good point Jeff. I'm not exactly a fan of using starters as returners myself. It wears them out.
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                      X