• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Bills QB Edwards eager to start building off rookie season

If a clean-shaven face means a fresh start, Trent Edwards arrived for the opening of the Buffalo Bills' voluntary offseason conditioning program eager to show how far he can carry them now that he's the starting quarterback.

"Sitting at home in January, watching the playoffs, watching these quarterbacks lead their teams, kind of motivated me a little bit more," Edwards said Tuesday. "I'm feeling good. I'm ready to go."
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Bills QB Edwards eager to start building off rookie season

The Bills saw enough in Edwards to make him their starter entering this season, a decision that's led to Losman's request to be traded.

Edwards sidestepped questions regarding Losman's uncertain future, saying, "It's not my position to call on that. We'll see where it goes."

But Edwards hopes Losman stays.

"I think very highly of him and the way he plays, and that's what you need at this level," Edwards said. "If we're going to be successful and win games, we need to have talented football players and talented quarterbacks."

Classy comment.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
      If a clean-shaven face means a fresh start
      It doesn't ! It means he lacks confidence ! This season will suck ! [/Zone Pinheads]
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Good, he has more to prove than anyone in the league at this point. Hopefully he doesn't crap his pants like he did last year.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Does the article say if he's in Buffalo or not yet working out?
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Romes
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            Does the article say if he's in Buffalo or not yet working out?
            he is. there is a video of him working out at the field house and answering chris brown's questions posted on bb.com, yesterday.
            Originally posted by paladin warrior
            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

The kid say's everything right. He sound's like a leader. Hopefully he can produce on the field.

Comment

• Pride
                • Jul 2002

Following a 90-minute meeting with Schonert, Edwards said the new scheme will be similar to the one the Bills had last year but with some exceptions. The most notable difference, Edwards said, is the quarterback will have more leeway in changing plays at the line of scrimmage.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Glad to seee trent is in town working hard. That is the 1st sign of a leader... being here for the voluntaries.

I hope Trent looks awesome from the get go... It would be nice to see some impressive drives with the 1st unit in preseason for a change

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by JediRalphWilson
                    Good, he has more to prove than anyone in the league at this point. Hopefully he doesn't crap his pants like he did last year.
                    He played like a rookie last year and was pretty solid in many games.
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Pride
                      I think the comment you are speaking of was the main reason our offense has sucked so bad in the last few years. The QBs don't have much liberty to change anything as the defense lines up...

I hope this translates into a few more third down conversions at a minium.

Comment

• The King
                        Without me it's just Awe so
                        • Jun 2004

I cant wait to see Trent live up to the Real Deal nickname!
                        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                        It was all
                        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          He played like a rookie last year and was pretty solid in many games.
                          I don't accept the "rookie" excuse, he's a starting NFL QB and he should play like one, he gets paid very well to do so. If I don't perform well with my job I'm gone and will no longer get a paycheck. One game against Miami doesn't equal many games. I know it's easy for you to accept mediocrity after almost a decade of losing but don't fall into the void. He played very well against Miami and did a decent job in a couple of other games but he was by no means "solid."

That being said I'm happy to have him and I hope he lives up to his new position of starter.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                            Classy comment.
                            We have 2 classy qb's.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

If Edwards struggles and Jauron pulls him in favor of whoever our #2 is at the time I will personally drive from Dallas to Orchard Park and ***** slap Jauron. The last thing we need is to **** up like we did with Losman and screw with a young QB's confidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X