• Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

WR Rankings by Scouts Inc.

20. Lee Evans
    Buffalo Bills
    He is a speed receiver who has really never been able to hit his full potential, but that has to do more with his offensive system than him. It is hard to move Evans up this list because his numbers don't merit it, but we wonder how good he could be if he had a legit starting quarterback getting him the ball. His speed makes him one of the more feared vertical threats in the NFL.

51. Roscoe Parrish
    Buffalo Bills
    Parrish has been a versatile player for the Bills. He is a No. 3 receiver who is best in the slot and using his quickness and run-after-catch ability in space. His biggest contribution, however, may come on special teams handling punts and kickoffs.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: WR Rankings by Scouts Inc.

so make sure Evans is paid like a top 15 then, and get him extended

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ed
      http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insid...3dstateChanged

20. Lee Evans
      Buffalo Bills
      He is a speed receiver who has really never been able to hit his full potential, but that has to do more with his offensive system than him. It is hard to move Evans up this list because his numbers don't merit it, but we wonder how good he could be if he had a legit starting quarterback getting him the ball. His speed makes him one of the more feared vertical threats in the NFL.

51. Roscoe Parrish
      Buffalo Bills
      Parrish has been a versatile player for the Bills. He is a No. 3 receiver who is best in the slot and using his quickness and run-after-catch ability in space. His biggest contribution, however, may come on special teams handling punts and kickoffs.
      Its annoying that Santonio Holmes is ahead of Evans...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Evans is about where he should be...Parrish is overrated.

Comment

• HendersonD06
          • Oct 2005

32. Laveranues ColesNew York Jets
          Coles isn't big (5-11, 193), but he is as tough as they come and the Jets' quarterbacks rely on him to get open. Coles has elite deep speed, but with the Jets' difficulties in pass protection and Chad Pennington's suspect arm strength, he hasn't been able to use these talents as much as expected. That could change with Kellen Clemens behind center and a revamped offensive line.

39. Jerricho CotcheryNew York Jets
          He has a good feel for finding soft spots in zone coverage and can set up his defender well with his exceptional body control. He has steadily improved and his yards per catch was a career-high 13.8 yards last season. While his average was up, he is not a burner and will struggle to consistently stretch the field. The Jets' offensive line should give him more opportunities next season, but his ceiling is a No. 2 wideout.

It's not Coles fault that Chad Pennington has been his QB, a QB who struggles to get the ball downfield, this is the reason why Im excited that we have a young QB in Kellen who actually has an Arm to stretch the Defense.

In my eyes... No way are Bobby Engram, Javon Walker, Bernard Berrian, Rodney White, Joey Galloway, Wes Welker, or even Dwayne Bowe better WR's than Coles. Not just because Im a Jets fan, but because Coles has great speed, runs great routes, always finds a way to get open, and makes just about any catch thats thrown his way. I would Rank Coles 24-25 for the simple fact he has proven that he's a #1 WR.

I would also rank Jericho Cotchery, a great young WR ahead of Vincent Jackson, Donte Stallworth, Kevin Curtis, and Jerry Porter, I would rank Cotchery a 34-35 for the simple fact he's one of the best #2 WR's as of right now.

According to this review, the Bills WR's= Up to 71 and the Jets= up to 71... So I guess we are tied, lol

Comment

• HendersonD06
            • Oct 2005

20. Lee Evans
            Buffalo Bills

Thats what I always asked myself about Coles. Pennington has hung Coles out to dry for years now, I cant wait for Kellen behind our new O-Line.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

I don't agree with Holmes, Marshall or even Harrison should be ahead of Evans. I think Marvin Harrison is DONE, he is probably going to retire after he hits the wall this season, JMO. ( Harrison is a 1st ballet HoF though, no doubt.. )

Comment

• Mski
                • Mar 2006

the only two on the list ahead of evans that i dont like there are marshall and holmes
                RIP Tommy D!
                12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• Confused
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Jun 2007

Were the frick is Josh Reed? WTF!!!!!! hahahahahahahaha

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by HendersonD06

I would also rank Jericho Cotchery, a great young WR ahead of Vincent Jackson, Donte Stallworth, Kevin Curtis, and Jerry Porter, I would rank Cotchery a 34-35 for the simple fact he's one of the best #2 WR's as of right now.

According to this review, the Bills WR's= Up to 71 and the Jets= up to 71... So I guess we are tied, lol
                    Agree with most of your post but this. Cotchery has made some plays, but no way is he better than 2 you mentioned. Vincent Jackson is a stud that is going to explode sometime soon. Stallworth has the speed to take it all the way every time he touches it, Curtis and Porter may be more along Cotchery's level though.

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

How is our #3 in the top?
                      Last edited by yordad; 03-26-2008, 06:23 PM.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

Well after the draft when the Bills hopefully take a WR with their first pick the Bills WR will look much better.

Comment

• RockStar36
                          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                          • Sep 2004

It has been said that Evans got that high ranking because people assume he has really struggled with a lack of QB.

Parrish is not overrated.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by RockStar36
                            It has been said that Evans got that high ranking because people assume he has really struggled with a lack of QB.

Parrish is not overrated.
                            Parrish definitely is overrated, he shouldn't even be on the list as a WR.

He's basically a non-factor at wideout, for the most part, in all honesty. And yes I understand he can put about 3-5 big plays a year at the position.

If you're putting him on the list because of his return skills, fine. But then where is Hester? Cribbs? Figurs?

Comment

• DrGraves
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Mahdi
                              Its annoying that Santonio Holmes is ahead of Evans...
                              holmes is better now.

Comment

Working...
                              X