PDA

View Full Version : A question for all those not currently supporting Bedard

BlackMetalNinja
03-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Can anybody tell me where this whole notion about Bedard just wanting to win a popularity contest came from??? I keep hearing it, but I've heard no reason as to why some might think that.

He may be a popular person around here, that doesn't mean that his purpose for this election was to gain even more popularity... Nor is he simply seeking further recognition. He's put forth ideas about what he wants to do and how he wants to do it just like the other candidates.

It seems as though that some are jealous that he comes in as a popular person, so they are trying to use that against him somehow.

Can anybody shed some light on this please?

Bill Brasky
03-26-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm sure several of the pompous jackasses with the incredible ability to never be wrong on anything will come in to shed some light.

The King
03-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Bedard comes off like a *****.

DraftBoy
03-26-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm sure several of the pompous jackasses with the incredible ability to never be wrong on anything will come in to shed some light.

:wave: :respect:

RockStar36
03-26-2008, 01:03 PM
It's a popularity contest at this point.

Bedard is the popular choice which is why Playa is winning. Same reason people root against Duke for no reason. They are sick of seeing the popular (in this case, good) team win.

DraftBoy
03-26-2008, 01:08 PM

Bedard is the popular choice which is why Playa is winning. Same reason people root against Duke for no reason. They are sick of seeing the popular (in this case, good) team win.

Or it could be because of posts like this that reinforce an image that while you maintain isnt there, appears to be.

Devin
03-26-2008, 01:09 PM
:bf1:

Yup. I mean really BMN and Rockstar have done most the ground work for us.

DraftBoy
03-26-2008, 01:11 PM

I dont think a popularity contest idea was even something we really kicked around much in fact I told BMN and Bedard both straight up from the beginning that I knew why they were doing this. None of my stuff has really needed to go in that direction their own campaign has done it themselves.

Bling
03-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Or it could be because of posts like this that reinforce an image that while you maintain isnt there, appears to be.

+2.

Bill Brasky
03-26-2008, 01:20 PM
I dont think a popularity contest idea was even something we really kicked around much in fact I told BMN and Bedard both straight up from the beginning that I knew why they were doing this. None of my stuff has really needed to go in that direction their own campaign has done it themselves.
You speak quite often in first person... almost as if you're running for Pres yourself. Comical considering you weren't even involved until it more or less became a popularity contest slash cryfest 2k8.

Bling
03-26-2008, 01:21 PM
You speak quite often in first person... almost as if you're running for Pres yourself. Comical considering you weren't even involved until it more or less became a popularity contest.

The hole continues to get deeper... and deeper...

Bill Brasky
03-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Uhhhh.... yeah [crickets]

Dude
03-26-2008, 01:23 PM
:rofl:

BlackMetalNinja
03-26-2008, 01:24 PM

Please do explain, because this isn't an answer, it's you chasing your own tail yet again. Tell me HOW you think we've made this a popularity contest???

LtBillsFan66
03-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Bedard's goal is to make the Zone a much better place.

Devin
03-26-2008, 01:26 PM
DB if you have crayons it might.........nevermind.

RockStar36
03-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Here is what I've gathered from the Playa campaign.

1. Hold on, let me see every other issue by the candidates and spin that around into my own words.

2. Have DraftBoy come on and act like he is the VP of the United States and talk down to everyone.

3. Change up my entire persona to be people friendly so they vote for me.

BlackMetalNinja
03-26-2008, 01:44 PM

1. Hold on, let me see every other issue by the candidates and spin that around into my own words.

2. Have DraftBoy come on and act like he is the VP of the United States and talk down to everyone.

But we're running a popularity contest :up:

RockStar36
03-26-2008, 01:46 PM
The hole continues to get deeper... and deeper...

I'll try to explain this in terms you can understand.

This election isn't real. The person elected president has ideas to make the Zone better, which will have to go through staff approval first.

So go ahead and vote for Playa because you hate me. I'm still staff on BillsZone no matter who wins.

Voting for Playa over Bedard because you don't like me is the most idiotic thing I've heard of considering I still help run the site with the other mods/admins.

LtBillsFan66
03-26-2008, 01:47 PM

DraftBoy
03-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Please do explain, because this isn't an answer, it's you chasing your own tail yet again. Tell me HOW you think we've made this a popularity contest???

Read your post, read RS post, read Freeman's post. Notice the antagonist persona brought on.

Here Ill provide you with examples;

It seems as though that some are jealous that he comes in as a popular person, so they are trying to use that against him somehow.

Why say that line? You gain nothing from it but just reinforce the notion you are attempting to dispel. You don't on one like say this isnt a popularity contest on the next say but our guy is very popular. Do you not see the double speak there?

Again why the stab at the end it just comes off as totally pompous and arrogant. That's a very eltist statement even though I know RS is not like that and I dont think his intent was that either. However I also read RS's posts every day and since he's a fellow mod I think I have a decent handle for his sincerity but that doesnt mean the majority of posters have any idea.

Lastly...

You speak quite often in first person... almost as if you're running for Pres yourself. Comical considering you weren't even involved until it more or less became a popularity contest slash cryfest 2k8.

The VP himself saying its a popularity contest when the threads point is to dispel the idea that it is such?

I mean these are basic mannerism or speech patterns that I can point out in multiple threads, which is why I told Devin, NBF, and L.A. Playa that we didnt need to take the angle of this being a popularity contest it would be done for us.

DraftBoy
03-26-2008, 01:51 PM

You guys need to get your stories straight either Im Karl Rove or Dick Cheney I cant be both. When you decide get back to me and let me know.

LtBillsFan66
Bedard is the only non-condescending choice for President.

Bill Brasky
I for one am thankful that god himself graded my post as though it was a thesis paper, yet failed to bolden my 'antagonistic' rhetoric.

The King
03-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Please see the new MBB Address thread.

Dude
03-26-2008, 01:53 PM
DB if you have crayons it might.........nevermind.Wait .... does that mean there will be no crayon drawings????

:sadwalk:

Valerie
03-26-2008, 01:54 PM

This election isn't real.
:wtf: You're kidding, right? What do you mean this election isn't real?!?!?!?!? I've spent a lot of time researching each of the candidates and analyzing their platforms. Are you telling me that I've wasted my time? :mad:

Bill Brasky
03-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Wait .... does that mean there will be no crayon drawings????

:sadwalk:

Dude, you are so negative... HIV negative.

RockStar36
03-26-2008, 01:56 PM
How is it that I've gone 23 years without being called an elitist and now I've been called one twice in one day.

Earthquake Enyart
03-26-2008, 01:57 PM

This election isn't real. The person elected president has ideas to make the Zone better, which will have to go through staff approval first.

So go ahead and vote for Playa because you hate me. I'm still staff on BillsZone no matter who wins.

Voting for Playa over Bedard because you don't like me is the most idiotic thing I've heard of considering I still help run the site with the other mods/admins.

The reason we need a president is because "staff approval" is a horrible quagmire. These are the people who brought you voter registration. :rofl:

A true strong hand at the wheel is what this place sorely lacks. The riff raff staff is out of control. Addition by subtraction.

DraftBoy
03-26-2008, 01:58 PM
How is it that I've gone 23 years without being called an elitist and now I've been called one twice in one day.

No not you your speech pattern/mannerism huge difference

RockStar36
03-26-2008, 01:59 PM
The reason we need a president is because "staff approval" is a horrible quagmire. These are the people who brought you voter registration. :rofl:

A true strong hand at the wheel is what this place sorely lacks. The riff raff staff is out of control. Addition by subtraction.

Voter registration lasted all but two days because not all the staff agreed on it.

One thing you need to realize is that you criticize the staff like it's a piece of cake job but it's actually pretty hard when we have to deal with people like you. Instead of making the site better and improving it in certain areas we're busy babysitting, splitting threads, moving threads to spam, etc....

RockStar36
03-26-2008, 02:00 PM
No not you your speech pattern/mannerism huge difference

Explain!

Bill Brasky
03-26-2008, 02:00 PM
A true strong hand at the wheel

Unless of course the hand at the wheel becomes tired of driving the vehicle and parks it in a garage for a few months.

BlackMetalNinja
03-26-2008, 02:01 PM
At any rate, it seems as though you feel that the staff is the source of this issue, not the candidate himself, so keep that in mind when voting. We are merely those that wish to help Mike with his campaign, not those running for the position ourself. Bedard truly wishes to be a voice for all the Zoners and to help them convey their ideas, he's told me this many times. So let your personal feelings towards myself or Rockstar not bear on you in that aspect.

The King
03-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Will you guys just go read my address already! I address all of this in my address.

RockStar36
03-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Crap...maybe we are the same person.

Dude
03-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Unless of course the hand at the wheel becomes tired of driving the vehicle and parks it in a garage for a few months.Or maybe it's tired from something else. http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/4708-1173211260.gif

Dr. Lecter
03-26-2008, 02:06 PM
If I were the hand at the wheel, I would run all of you whiny *****es over with an 18-wheeler.

The King
03-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Draftboy,

If it wasn't for my crew what the hell would you be doing?
These guys have single handedly kept your ass occupied for
over a week now.

BlackMetalNinja
03-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Draftboy,

over a week now.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1022/754356724_5397681c4d.jpg

DraftBoy
03-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Explain!

Your speech has patterns in it, these patterns can be thought of almost as subliminal. They are not directly laid out in the words themselves but rather lie under the surface. Certain words can be seen as trigger words to convey certain emotions or opinion. In speaking situations pitch, and facial gestures also are included but since this is a message board obviously those dont count.

Mannerisms are things like how you walk, how you engage people, the hand shake you have, your persona. They tell almost everything you need to know about a person. Great book is by Micheal Korda its called "Success" tells you all about Mannerism and how to use your own to be successful, traditional business slant but you can apply it to all walks of life.

Neither is definite in who are as a person but does tell a lot. However that all being said this is a message board and nobody is 100% who they are all the time, thats why we post here to begin with.

The King
03-26-2008, 02:10 PM

You have patiently waited to use that one, havent you?

BlackMetalNinja
03-26-2008, 02:11 PM
You have patiently waited to use that one, havent you?
:idunno: :oops:

DraftBoy
03-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Draftboy,

over a week now.

Well aside from my regular job of dealing with congressional staffers and state level departments on a day to day basis. Im also working on a 7 Round mock for the BZ, and compiling the Draft Guide. So if it wasn't for your staff I wouldnt have anything to do to entertain myself while Im between calls and meetings. This week has just been exceptionally light. Granted thats the joy of being a contract employee.

DraftBoy
03-26-2008, 02:15 PM

Golden Retrievers are my favorite dogs too!

Valerie
03-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Golden Retrievers are my favorite dogs too!
That looks like my dog....who also chases her tail! :up:

DraftBoy
03-26-2008, 02:20 PM

I had one when I was younger that did the same thing. It may be something about the breed. We had to put her down after only 5 years though. When I buy my first house Ill be getting one.

RockStar36
03-26-2008, 02:21 PM

Does your dog know about the Zone?

shelby
03-26-2008, 02:22 PM
i can't believe how riled up y'all are getting. i never realized that men could be even more *****y and whiny then women. Unless they're sick, then it's a given. But wow. This :curse: is getting ugly.

Let me break some stuff down for you.

1. This is a game; however, it is serious in that the person elected will have a say in any changes that are made to the way the Zone is managed and how it operates.

2. This is not a popularity contest. Zoners should vote for the person they feel will best represent their wants and needs in the staff forum.

3. There are some very good posters working on different campaigns here, and i'd hate to see any long lasting hostility or animosity develop from this election.

i'm out of Midol right now, but i'd be happy to give y'all some when i get some more. Lighten up and try to enjoy this process. It's supposed to be fun.....i think that got lost somewhere.

Valerie
03-26-2008, 02:25 PM
I had one when I was younger that did the same thing. It may be something about the breed. We had to put her down after only 5 years though. When I buy my first house Ill be getting one.
Sorry about your loss. :( What was wrong with her? My dog has already had 2 surgeries on her back legs and she's only 3 1/2 years old. She's costing us a fortune! That being said, I can't imagine my life without a dog. :dozer:

RockStar, yeah, Katie knows about BFZ, but she's not old enough to vote yet. lol

DraftBoy
03-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Sorry about your loss. :( What was wrong with her? My dog has already had 2 surgeries on her back legs and she's only 3 1/2 years old. She's costing us a fortune! That being said, I can't imagine my life without a dog. :dozer:

RockStar, yeah, Katie knows about BFZ, but she's not old enough to vote yet. lol

She jumped over a bench and landed weird and back spasmed to the point to where it put so much pressure on her spinal cord she was paralyzed in her back legs. We could of opted for surgery but it was like 7000 and not guaranteed to work. For the time being she would of had to have been in a doggie wheel chair, and she would of needed help to eat, drink, and go potty. That's not the kind of life a dog wants to live imo, so we put her down.

LtBillsFan66
03-26-2008, 02:31 PM
She jumped over a bench and landed weird and back spasmed to the point to where it put so much pressure on her spinal cord she was paralyzed in her back legs. We could of opted for surgery but it was like 7000 and not guaranteed to work. For the time being she would of had to have been in a doggie wheel chair, and she would of needed help to eat, drink, and go potty. That's not the kind of life a dog wants to live imo, so we put her down.

Is the message you're sending that if the Zone goes through some hardships, you'd pull the plug on it?

RockStar36
i can't believe how riled up y'all are getting. i never realized that men could be even more *****y and whiny then women. Unless they're sick, then it's a given. But wow. This :curse: is getting ugly.

Let me break some stuff down for you.

1. This is a game; however, it is serious in that the person elected will have a say in any changes that are made to the way the Zone is managed and how it operates.

2. This is not a popularity contest. Zoners should vote for the person they feel will best represent their wants and needs in the staff forum.

3. There are some very good posters working on different campaigns here, and i'd hate to see any long lasting hostility or animosity develop from this election.

i'm out of Midol right now, but i'd be happy to give y'all some when i get some more. Lighten up and try to enjoy this process. It's supposed to be fun.....i think that got lost somewhere.

What fun would this whole election process be if we didn't get into it?

Bling

:rofl: I don't hate you. I actually happen to like you. I made one comment about how you looked down on a noob zoner trying to fit in. But I prefer you over jf, BMN AND Bedard. Thank you.

I'm voting for Playa, because Bedard has had his time to shine. He won Zoner of the Year, and numerous other awards. Just like Devin did the year before, and BAM years ago. I don't need Bedard shoved down my throat, like his campaign is making it out to be. "Vote for Bedard, or you're a loser noob on the zone." If you like him, fine. But my candidate for change got canned. Now I'm voting for the guy that hasn't got his ego stroked at the zone. Let's face it, both of the candidates want their egos stroked. So do their staff. They want to feel special on the zone. They both don't have radical ideas for change, and they both say around the same stuff. Neither is going to attract more zoners. The zone doesn't need more moderators. Neither will care about the position anymore after a month. It's all a big popularity contest.

Dude
03-26-2008, 02:32 PM
I can't speak for the rest of the MBB staff, but I don't need help stroking myself, thank you very much.

RockStar36
03-26-2008, 02:34 PM

Valerie
03-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Very sad! I'm so sorry! :( Yeah, between both of Katie's surgeries, we're looking at about $7,000 too. She had some bone problem (growth plate injury) and she tore her ACL (70% in one and 100% in the other). We were told that with the surgery she would be about 90% back to normal and able to do all the normal things dogs do. It's been about 8 months since her last surgery and she seems to be doing really well. She runs, jumps, plays, just like a normal dog. She was so young that we really couldn't put her down without trying to fix her. But I do understand your decision. Although, I've seen a lot of handicapped dogs and they seem to thrive.

RockStar36
03-26-2008, 02:38 PM
:rofl: I don't hate you. I actually happen to like you. I made one comment about how you looked down on a noob zoner trying to fit in. But I prefer you over jf, BMN AND Bedard. Thank you.

I'm voting for Playa, because Bedard has had his time to shine. He won Zoner of the Year, and numerous other awards. Just like Devin did the year before, and BAM years ago. I don't need Bedard shoved down my throat, like his campaign is making it out to be. "Vote for Bedard, or you're a loser noob on the zone." If you like him, fine. But my candidate for change got canned. Now I'm voting for the guy that hasn't got his ego stroked at the zone. Let's face it, both of the candidates want their egos stroked. So do their staff. They want to feel special on the zone. They both don't have radical ideas for change, and they both say around the same stuff. Neither is going to attract more zoners. The zone doesn't need more moderators. Neither will care about the position anymore after a month. It's all a big popularity contest.

It was an inside crack because RingOfFire is an alias of someone else. He just won't tell the public.

And thank you for proving my point. You're voting for Playa because Bedard is too popular and it's time for someone else to be popular.

shelby
03-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Is the message you're sending that if the Zone goes through some hardships, you'd pull the plug on it?

DraftBoy
03-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Very sad! I'm so sorry! :( Yeah, between both of Katie's surgeries, we're looking at about $7,000 too. She had some bone problem (growth plate injury) and she tore her ACL (70% in one and 100% in the other). We were told that with the surgery she would be about 90% back to normal and able to do all the normal things dogs do. It's been about 8 months since her last surgery and she seems to be doing really well. She runs, jumps, plays, just like a normal dog. She was so young that we really couldn't put her down without trying to fix her. But I do understand your decision. Although, I've seen a lot of handicapped dogs and they seem to thrive.

Oh yea they could definitely survive but with both working parents and the 5 of us at school we worried about how to best attend to her needs while we were all gone from 8am-3pm very tough decision to make but one we did ultimately.

casdhf
03-26-2008, 02:42 PM
It was an inside crack because RingOfFire is an alias of someone else. He just won't tell the public.

And thank you for proving my point. You're voting for Playa because Bedard is too popular and it's time for someone else to be popular.

Stampy lives!

RockStar36
03-26-2008, 02:42 PM
Stampy lives!

Ding Ding Ding!!

Valerie
03-26-2008, 02:43 PM
I hear ya. Tough decision. :pet: :bighug: I'm not good at making those kinds of decisions. God bless you and your family for making it.

Bill Brasky
03-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Seriously... what have I done to piss off the message board community? This election has single-handedly revealed several posters dislike for me. :idunno:

DraftBoy
03-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Seriously... what have I done to piss off the message board community? This election has single-handedly revealed several posters dislike for me. :idunno:

:idunno:

I didnt sense anybody actually didnt like you. I still think you're a cool guy :up:

Gunzlingr
03-26-2008, 03:46 PM

$7000 spent on a dog?! Wow.

casdhf
03-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Some people love their animals, Matthew.

Gunzlingr
03-26-2008, 03:50 PM

I think I would $7000 more, Marshall. but that's just me.

shelby
03-26-2008, 03:50 PM
i :heart: Rusty!

Dr. Lecter
03-26-2008, 03:51 PM
I would spend that or more on my cats.

Gunzlingr
03-26-2008, 03:52 PM
I would spend that or more on my cats.

F that man. No way in hell would I spend that kind of money on an animal, but I did spend $700 on a half of beef once.

Valerie
03-26-2008, 03:52 PM
$7000 spent on a dog?! Wow.
Yupper! I know. Ridiculous! But it wasn't even a question or discussion. We just did it. Thankfully my dad and I split the costs of the surgeries. I still owe him $725 though. :ill:

This is true!

Gunzlingr
03-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Yupper! I know. Ridiculous! But it wasn't even a question or discussion. We just did it. Thankfully my dad and I split the costs of the surgeries. I still owe him $725 though. :ill:

This is true!

Now I know you are insane. :D

BlackMetalNinja
03-26-2008, 04:21 PM

At least you're only at several... I have to be in the dozens by now! :up:

Valerie
03-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Now I know you are insane. :D
I never claimed to be sane! :D

LtFinFan66
03-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Bedard comes off like a *****.:goodpost:

HAMMER
03-26-2008, 07:48 PM

That's funny.

HAMMER
03-26-2008, 07:55 PM

It is comments like this that have dragged the Bedard campaign down.

RingofFire
03-26-2008, 08:16 PM
I voted Playa cause Playa is my boy and in spite of rockstar

kinigirly
03-26-2008, 08:24 PM
I voted Playa cause Playa is my boy and in spite of rockstar

how the hell is playa your boy? what exactly has he done for you? please elaborate.

RingofFire
03-26-2008, 08:27 PM
how the hell is playa your boy? what exactly has he done for you? please elaborate. Sent me some black pussy

Devin
03-26-2008, 08:29 PM
fedex or ups ground?

kinigirly
03-26-2008, 08:33 PM
only black? geez this is good to know. i certainly don't want to vote for a candidate the is discriminatory against vaginal race. if you're gonna whore it out, you can't be selective. i want a candidate that will nail any race or species, dead or alive. wait.....devin is on playa's team. i guess that makes up for everyone else on the team. ah well i'm still voting for bedard.

RingofFire
03-26-2008, 08:46 PM
PM deleted due to TOS violation.

The King
03-26-2008, 09:50 PM
fedex or ups ground?

Bill Brasky
03-27-2008, 12:01 PM
It is comments like this that have dragged the Bedard campaign down.

Yeah, you've been real involved here.

HAMMER
03-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Yeah, you've been real involved here.

What does that have to do with your unprofessional post? It is certainly not the kind of post that is going to help your team.

jamze132
03-27-2008, 03:22 PM

That statement is so true...

RockStar36
03-27-2008, 03:26 PM
So once again, not voting for Bedard because you don't like us. Makes sense. Nevermind the issues...ugh, just nevermind. I'm not having this debate AGAIN.

jamze132
03-28-2008, 02:16 AM
So once again, not voting for Bedard because you don't like us. Makes sense. Nevermind the issues...ugh, just nevermind. I'm not having this debate AGAIN.
I'm not voting for Bedard because I don't like him. I do like him, I think he brings a lot to the Zone, especially the TZ.

:respect: