PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Monk -- WR

PISSCHUNK
03-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Marcus Monk...Gil Brandt of NFL.com is reporting that Arkansas WR Marcus Monk ran the 40 in 4.43 and 4.41, had a 36 inch vertical jump, a 10-foot 2-inch long jump and ran position drills today at his pro day workout.

Late

justasportsfan
03-26-2008, 01:29 PM
did he catch any balls?Might be important info for a wr :idunno:

bigbub2352
03-26-2008, 01:35 PM
I would not mind a late round pick on this guy say the 6th round, but if he ran those numbers mite not be there anymore, he is a classic underacheiver in college, there are a few out there i like
Urittia form Lousiville
Purify from Nebraska
Bowman-late rounds

justasportsfan
03-26-2008, 01:36 PM
I wonder what happened to Nance :huh:

PISSCHUNK
03-26-2008, 01:36 PM
did he catch any balls?Might be important info for a wr :idunno:

Gotcha.......Monk is a very large receiver(6-4;222) that was thought to be slow. I didn't see a report on the balls thrown his way and caught.

Tatonka
03-26-2008, 02:11 PM
i say we take him at 11.

:up:

DraftBoy
03-26-2008, 02:12 PM
3-4 Round prospect at this point

Mitchy moo
03-26-2008, 02:22 PM
3-4 Round prospect at this point

Yep.

Scumbag College
03-26-2008, 02:26 PM
He played in a run first offense at Arkansas and was overshadowed by the two RBs there. With his size and workout numbers, I think he would warrant at least a plane ride to Buffalo to work out with the offensive coaches.

Tatonka
03-26-2008, 02:55 PM
agreed.

Mr. Pink
03-26-2008, 03:00 PM
I've been the dude's biggest pimp on this board...thought he'd be around a 5th rounder....two knee surgeries, a 4.6 which was originally reported before the pro day.

BUT OH MY GOD...the dude ran a 4.4?

He might back himself into the end of Round 2 with that, especially with size and catching ability.

VeggieMan14
03-26-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm sold sign him up

jcdavey
03-26-2008, 08:11 PM
this is the perfect wr for aj smith to draft for sd

sadly we don't need wrs anymore

whoever drafts this kid is going to be very happy, i'm not saying he should have been as hyped as let's say a sydney rice (south carolina now vikes) but without mcfadden at ark, this guy IMO with a decent qb, would have BEEN the college equivalent of sydney rice, he's that good

if you go check out the complete dogcrap at the qb position this kid had to endure at arkansas, a big smile should appear on your face, and you should hope to land him.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-27-2008, 04:03 AM
this is the perfect wr for aj smith to draft for sd

sadly we don't need wrs anymore

whoever drafts this kid is going to be very happy, i'm not saying he should have been as hyped as let's say a sydney rice (south carolina now vikes) but without mcfadden at ark, this guy IMO with a decent qb, would have BEEN the college equivalent of sydney rice, he's that good

if you go check out the complete dogcrap at the qb position this kid had to endure at arkansas, a big smile should appear on your face, and you should hope to land him.

I've been a big Razorbacks fan since I was a kid, so I've watched a lot of their games and I can tell you that, if he can stay healthy, Monk has the ability to be a real star in the NFL.

The QBs and passing game at Arkansas under H.Nutt were atrocious. Yet, even so, before he wrecked his knee, Monk was a more dangerous and better receiver than S.Rice was for S.Carolina. The problem was that they really didn't throw much and, when the QBs did throw his way, they nearly got him killed...that is when they managed to get the ball anywhere near close to him.

I don't know where the idea that he isn't tough or doesn't have good hands comes from because I saw him go up try to get passes that were way over his head and get absolutely nailed by the DB covering him on numerous occasions. And come down with the ball more than he should have.

I wouldn't draft him in the first or even second round because I think that he still has a lot to learn to be effective in a sophisticated, NFL-level passing game. But, I think he would be a steal in the 4th round or later. Especially if his knee has healed up well enough that he could post the 40 times that he just did.

Lee Evans had a knee injury that limited his production in college and bounced back to be a very dangerous receiver on the pro level. I think that Monk can do the same if he is able to learn what he will need to learn to go from the rinky-dink high school level passing game that they ran at Arkansas to being a WR in the NFL. But, it is going to take him time to learn that and develop his skills. Otherwise, I'd have him rated higher--right up there with Hardy and solidly ahead of Nelson and Bowman.

ParanoidAndroid
03-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Marcus Monk...Gil Brandt of NFL.com is reporting that Arkansas WR Marcus Monk ran the 40 in 4.43 and 4.41, had a 36 inch vertical jump, a 10-foot 2-inch long jump and ran position drills today at his pro day workout.

Late

I wonder if those are hand times and not electronic. If they are hand times, add .15 - .2.