X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Simpson Working His Way Back

We've got Ko back and Ko is out here working hard," said Donte Whitner with a grin.

After a long rehab from a broken ankle suffered in the season opener that covered the remainder of the regular season and most of the offseason, Simpson was happy to be participating in exercises and training that was more specific to the game.

"It feels good to be out here actually doing some football work," said Simpson. "I've been rehabbing and that went well, so I'm ready to be back out here."

Simpson is fully cleared to partake in anything and everything contained in the offseason conditioning program. But the Bills free safety is still working his way back to full strength.

"Right now I'm not 100 (percent)," Simpson said. "I feel like I'm about 90 percent. I'm still waiting on the ligaments to heal up, and once they get back I'll be ready. I'll be 100 percent. But if I had to go out and play a game right now, I'd be ready."

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Simpson Working His Way Back

Broken ankles are tough. Sometimes the victim never recovers full range of motion. But in this case, I'm sure Ko got the best medical treatment available.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
      • Apr 2005

I love Ko. I think hes gonna be one of the best in the league. I broke and dislocated my ankle in a motorcycle accident, and Jan is right, its tough getting back to 100%. Even when its healed, it will swell up and get sore easily. I know I was weary on making hard cuts. It might take him a full two years to REALLY be 100%.

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
        I love Ko. I think hes gonna be one of the best in the league. I broke and dislocated my ankle in a motorcycle accident, and Jan is right, its tough getting back to 100%. Even when its healed, it will swell up and get sore easily. I know I was weary on making hard cuts. It might take him a full two years to REALLY be 100%.
        Same here. I had a clean break through both bones playing football and even though the doctor said it would heal to 100%, it still gets sore once in a while when I play basketball.

I remember when my cast finally came off, my calf was practically the size of arm and I couldn't walk normal for about two months.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

I thought Wilson played better as a first year FS than Ko played at any point so far

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

I think we can find a way to use Wilson, Ko, Donte or Wilson, Donte, Wendling/Scott at the same time this season.

I see Wilson as a ball hawk center fielder, Whitner as a intermediate guy, and Scott/Wendling in physical run support or TE roles.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

I can't wait for the tandem of Ko Simpson/Donte Whitner to come back together this year. They played together well and really excited me in their rookie season. I want to see them back on the field at the same time, so we can see what they can do now.

Comment

Working...
              X