PDA

View Full Version : Updates from the L.A. Playa/NBF campaign

L.A. Playa
03-26-2008, 03:39 PM
I have generally stayed quiet during this election, while I absolutely followed the events here down to almost every post and I answered and responded in the debates and elsewhere I refused to get involved with back-and-forth bickering. However after conferring with my colleagues I’ve decided to post my stance on a few topics.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
While my opponent’s stance maybe to not censor or control his staff in anyway I respectfully disagree with that idea. We are without a doubt a team, but my staff and I confer on almost all aspects of our campaign and NBF and I absolutely have chosen the overall direction of this campaign. Draftboy has done a stellar job in responding to posts, and we have asked all members all along to keep it as respectful as possible. The idea that your staff runs around uncontrolled and just spewing at will is an interesting approach. While there will be instances of “mudslinging” as there is with any campaign we took this election seriously and want to truly not only help the zone be a better place, but quite simply be in a position to better implement ideas some of you have. With the team members we have on the Playa/NBF ticket we are in a position to do so.
<o:p></o:p>
Part of being a leader is surrounding yourself with a good team. To say to your voting public “Look if you don’t like guys on my team that’s not an excuse not to vote for me, as I will be President not them” is just asinine. Your staff is absolutely a reflection of you and your campaign, to suggest otherwise is quite simply a mistake. I built a team of guys who have ALL been here since almost the very start of Billszone. We have an admin who has built the Billzone frontpage and much of the current staff into what it is currently, the most decorated Billszone poster in the history of the site, a staff member who is responsible for the creation of the draft forums and much of the Billszone draft day content in place today, one of the zones most beloved graphical artists and then myself who has real world leadership and financial leadership experience.

There is no argument; quite simply this staff has the most experience as a whole on Billszone. From the frontpage, to the Bills/draft forums to the TZ/No-tos, the fantasy football forums and of course the staff areas. Under our current staff Billszone has become one of the biggest Bills fansites on the web and I feel we can be even bigger.
The whole idea of flip flopping is absurd to me. It’s an internet forum. Yes I have a “web personality” if you will. BMN thinks he’s a ninja for crying out loud, and while I bet for his size he’s quite stealthy I don’t think anyone takes that serious. BF1…..ok bad example. I would not have had the success in life I’ve had by goofing off the way I do here, while I may have different personal beliefs I absolutely do a lot of the things I do here in good fun. I was under the impression a lot of people did.

The voter registration idea was not the idea of a staff member on this campaign; however we do recognize its intent and do thank those responsible for simply trying to help. The practice of questioning voters, questioning identities and simply pleading for votes will not happen on my watch. We appreciate each and every one of them but I will not create threads questioning voters, and pick fights or in general act like an ass in hopes of gaining votes.

We realize we now face MBB as well as Gunz, and EE and their respective staff…..as well as “fair and unbiased reporting”. That’s ok. We are up to the challenge. We knew coming into this round what the score would be. We simply need to perform at our best now more then ever. Make no mistake while others are quick to throw around “popularity contest” who here didn’t believe that my opponent would simply walk away with this. We’ve followed our campaign and it has worked, we are in the homestretch now and after 2 straight victories its clear you guys believe in this team. I may not be the popular vote like MBB, but I assure you the zone’s best interest is at heart for me.

To our supporters we thank you ever so much, to those undecided we would love to work with you and hope you keep an open mind, and to my opponent we wish you good luck this round.

Thank you.

Playa/NBF in ‘08

Gunzlingr
03-26-2008, 03:41 PM
So if I don't like somebody on your staff I shouldn't vote for you? Ok.

Gunzlingr
03-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Also you are getting the cart in front of the horse, since polls arent closed yet.

LtBillsFan66
03-26-2008, 04:17 PM
MBB made it clear to me that he values my opinions. If Bedard is elected President, I will have no more authority than I do today. I'm honored and an feel I'm serving honorably on Bedard's team. But I am merely a trusted consultant. I know Bedard and I don't agree on everything, but he values my opinions--as he does the rest of the Zone public. If anyone has reservations about voting for Bedard because I'm on his ticket, than that's absurd. At the end of the day, voters need to choose between Bedard and LA "Playa" and decide who of the two has done more for the Zone, and who has a proven track record to continue to make the Zone even better than it is today.

RockStar36
03-26-2008, 06:23 PM
I was going to leave this thread alone but I felt the need to say one thing.

To even hint at the notion of you guys playing fair and MBB's staff attacking is ridiculous. Almost that entire (pre-typed) statement was an attack.

So be it. At least I know how it really is.

Devin
03-26-2008, 06:34 PM
I was going to leave this thread alone but I felt the need to say one thing.

To even hint at the notion of you guys playing fair and MBB's staff attacking is ridiculous. Almost that entire (pre-typed) statement was an attack.

So be it. At least I know how it really is.

as opposed to post-typed?

RockStar36
03-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Yes. Pre-typed things make me furious!

Devin
03-26-2008, 06:38 PM
Me too. I also hate bees, sunburns, the entire patriots organization (current and former) and grape jelly. Ew.

That said it was typed about 10 minutes before it was posted. So I guess technically it was pre-typed. You win.

RockStar36
03-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Yay! Moral victory!

RockStar36
03-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Me too. I also hate bees, sunburns, the entire patriots organization (current and former) and grape jelly. Ew.

That said it was typed about 10 minutes before it was posted. So I guess technically it was pre-typed. You win.

Do you really hate grape jelly?

I can't stand mustard or ranch dressing. Weird...isn't it.

Devin
03-26-2008, 06:46 PM

Yes but your name is also Devin.

So you get a pass, for life.

RockStar36
03-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Yes but your name is also Devin.

So you get a pass, for life.

:hi5:

BlackMetalNinja
03-26-2008, 07:55 PM

I hate all 3 of those things! :hi5:

chernobylwraiths
03-26-2008, 08:05 PM
I like mustard and grape jelly but don't like ranch dressing.

So, if you like grape jelly vote for Gunz!

kinigirly
03-26-2008, 08:21 PM
i've got a case where one of my kids binges on condiments and i had to make a schedule where she gets a shot of a condiment every 20 minutes. weirdest thing i've ever done.
personally i hate the flavor grape period for anything. cherry and strawberry are the bomb. the only purple thing you will see in my fridge is wine. i could go for some pickle juice right now.