X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • more cowbell
    • Apr 2006

Mario Manningham is going to be the steal of the drat

This guy has done nothing but make plays while he was in college. He has good size and good game speed (I don't care what his combine numbers indicate) this guy is a true play maker and possibly the best reciever in the draft.

In many ways he is similar to Chad Johnson, who also fell down draft boards to the second round in 2001, and he is now one of the elite WR's in the NFL.

If the Bills are smart they should trade down and take this guy. He is a proven player (unlike Devin Thomas). He catches the ball with his hands and uses his body to sheild away defenders going across the middle of the field much like a bigger reciever does. He isn't the BIG mold like a Sweed or Kelly but he plays like it, plus he is a vertical threat...something that can never be a bad thing.
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Mario Manningham is going to be the steal of the drat

Originally posted by more cowbell
    This guy has done nothing but make plays while he was in college. He has good size and good game speed (I don't care what his combine numbers indicate) this guy is a true play maker and possibly the best reciever in the draft.

In many ways he is similar to Chad Johnson, who also fell down draft boards to the second round in 2001, and he is now one of the elite WR's in the NFL.

If the Bills are smart they should trade down and take this guy. He is a proven player (unlike Devin Thomas). He catches the ball with his hands and uses his body to sheild away defenders going across the middle of the field much like a bigger reciever does. He isn't the BIG mold like a Sweed or Kelly but he plays like it, plus he is a vertical threat...something that can never be a bad thing.
    This is one of my least favorite WR prospects to be honest.

Toomer, Terrell, Breaston, Walker... Braylon can play, but Im just not a fan of Mich WR's.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

He sucked in the Ohio St. games,dropping lots of easy passes. Only 5-11 190 when measured.

Let's see....NO !
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• mikemac2001
        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
        • Mar 2003

in the 3rd rd

MUCK
        FIAMI

Comment

• Bmax
          • Aug 2003

weighed 181 at combine....Wat too small The NFL is going with bigger and taller players mostly...If had run a 4.5 and wighed 195 then i could see some teams tsking a shot..

If we draft Manningham i'm driving to the Ralph to to demand that Russ Brandon and crew have their heads examined...

Bmax

Comment

• DrGraves
            • Mar 2008

He is a gamer... I wouln't mind at all trying to snag him in LATER rounds...

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

I like him as a player but if he is really only 5'11 I'll pass. We need size.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

I do like him, but he is small as hell. he is lee's height, but way lighter. if the opportunity was there to take him as our second wr of this draft, i would be fine with that.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• more cowbell
                  • Apr 2006

Just because we need a WR with size doesn't eliminate him. He plays similar to Chad Johnson who has no fear of going up for a ball or running over the middle of the field. I hate Michigan and I know most of the recievers they put out suck. This guy is not a David Terrell.

All im saying is going with a WR such as Manningham who has actually proven himself at a high level gives him a much better chance of being an impact player than Devin Thomas...who had one good season and is soaring up draft boards because of his work outs...Does anyone remember Troy Williamson? Matt Jones? Bryant Jonhson? Rashaun Woods?
                  The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                    • Mar 2005

He never impressed me

Comment

• coastal
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

he's a ***.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                        • May 2003

I am going to respectfully disagree with your assessment. I am probably one of the biggest Michigan fans on this board and I just don't agree. He had a good freshman year, then a great sophomore year, and injuries to Chad Henne limited his production as a sophomore. But he wasn't the most consistent receiver even with injuries to the QB. However, I do feel he could turn into a good wide receiver, but he is going to need time. I just don't see him being anything more than a decent receiver in the pros.

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by more cowbell
                          Just because we need a WR with size doesn't eliminate him. He plays similar to Chad Johnson who has no fear of going up for a ball or running over the middle of the field. I hate Michigan and I know most of the recievers they put out suck. This guy is not a David Terrell.

All im saying is going with a WR such as Manningham who has actually proven himself at a high level gives him a much better chance of being an impact player than Devin Thomas...who had one good season and is soaring up draft boards because of his work outs...Does anyone remember Troy Williamson? Matt Jones? Bryant Jonhson? Rashaun Woods?
                          Do we remember Chad Johnson? How many years was he great?

Comment

• VeggieMan14
                            • Jan 2008

i think he will be a good receiver, just not for the buffalo bills
                            I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                              • Jul 2003

He was a good college player. His official combine height is 5-11-3/4, so he is almost 6 feet. He was a little on the thin side, so he has some filling out to do, but some pro conditioning won't hurt. I do think he has a chance to be an effective NFL player. He needs to get stronger, but too much was made of his combine 40 time. The guy plays fast and is a more polished receiver than a lot of guys in this draft.

The biggest concern I have is that he seems timid at times when he is muscled, which will happen more in the NFL than it did in college. He can't shy away from contact in the NFL, he will have to get stronger and fight for the ball in the middle. WR who shy from contact don't tend to make you question them.

Rumor is he really came off cocky and arrogant at the combine, and a lot of teams soured on him. He did some damage control at his Pro Day, but the damage has been done.

I see where you are coming from, because he is a real smooth route-runner and he is probably as NFL-ready as any WR in the draft. However, the questions about his toughness and attitude are why he drops, and that risk is why he might end up being a real steal. If he gets his attitude right, bulks up a little and shows toughness, he could be a top-notch NFL WR. However, those are real ifs.

Comment

Working...
                              X