PDA

View Full Version : Mike Jenkins- CB

Marvelous
03-26-2008, 09:05 PM
My buddy down in Miami wouldn't shut up about this kid all year long.
-FYI- He all sucked into the hype of South Florida's miracle season etc etc..But what stood out when talking to him was --How well he changed his coverages based on the situations. Like 3rd downs, or protecting the lead....

--Our new LB, K. Mitchell went to SOuth Fl. And was their highest drafted player in team history. He went 2nd round fyi.... IMO we would be better off taking him in the 1st & WR in 2nd then Vice versa.. IMO. Just because the elite CB tends to work better then the high drafted WR, then vice versa.. I feel alot more confident wqith the WR in the 2nd then CB in the 2nd...I am starting to like this kid &more so, that strategy...

DrGraves
03-26-2008, 09:12 PM
I just feel like no one knows what to do with our pick and it seems like we'll probably end up taking someone at that stop that may be undeserving, similar to the whitner situation (although he has been good thus far) i think we should trade down and maybe try to have two late #1 picks and get the guys we want there

coastal
03-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Devin Thomas or Derrick Harvey.

period.

Marvelous
03-27-2008, 12:34 AM
period.
lol. You wish!

HAMMER
03-27-2008, 12:23 PM
I don't think the FO is looking at CB in the first round. We have solid corners and signed depth at CB this offseason. I think if they can't trade back they will take the best available DE or DL if a stud slips to us.

tampabay25690
03-28-2008, 06:41 AM
I would luv to see MIKE JENKINS here I watched him plenty of times here at USF...

The guy can play....He hits, covers, tackles and has great speed....I really think the BILLS would grab a CB in the 1st round. You can never have enough coverage help.....

Jan Reimers
03-28-2008, 07:44 AM
He is very highly rated by most draft guides, and wouldn't be a reach at all at number 11. I keep going back to a WR with our first round pick, however, because we need more help on offense at this point.

DraftBoy
03-28-2008, 08:12 AM

period.

I think you can throw both DRC and Jenkins into that mix as well along with Sweed or Kelly.

coastal
03-28-2008, 08:24 AM
I think you can throw both DRC and Jenkins into that mix as well along with Sweed or Kelly.Not in my mind...
I think the Bills go into this thing like they did last year... with 3 guys they are targeting.

To me you have to target a difference maker that also fills a need.

Harvey and Thomas are both difference makers, but I'll give the edge to Thomas because I think the Bills perceive their need to be greater at wide reciever than they do at defensive end.

I would put DRC as the 3rd player on that list, but last in terms of how the Bills perceive their needs.

If I had to guess what the Bills Round 1 draft board looked like...

1. Devin Thomas
2. Derrick Harvey
3. DRC

I think DRC and Harvey could be gone by the time it comes to us anyways.

To me... Sweed and Jenkins are more 20th overall type picks (in terms of how the Bills will grade them out). Kelly could be dropping off of boards.

DraftBoy
03-28-2008, 08:27 AM
Im not saying I disagree with you but it would not shock me to see NE go DRC, and Baltimore take Thomas, and then CIN takes Harvey. Who are we left with then? I think our list has to be closer to 6 or 7 players long.

coastal
03-28-2008, 08:41 AM
Im not saying I disagree with you but it would not shock me to see NE go DRC, and Baltimore take Thomas, and then CIN takes Harvey. Who are we left with then? :flush:

Pinkerton Security
03-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Not in my mind...
I think the Bills go into this thing like they did last year... with 3 guys they are targeting.

To me you have to target a difference maker that also fills a need.

Harvey and Thomas are both difference makers, but I'll give the edge to Thomas because I think the Bills perceive their need to be greater at wide reciever than they do at defensive end.

I would put DRC as the 3rd player on that list, but last in terms of how the Bills perceive their needs.

If I had to guess what the Bills Round 1 draft board looked like...

1. Devin Thomas
2. Derrick Harvey
3. DRC

I think DRC and Harvey could be gone by the time it comes to us anyways.

To me... Sweed and Jenkins are more 20th overall type picks (in terms of how the Bills will grade them out). Kelly could be dropping off of boards.

are you from michigan state or something?

he may have great measurables, but thomas just has bust written all over him, at least to me. he is a one year wonder, even James Hardy is more established than him as he had 3 good years, each with 10 TDs.

to be honest id actually be kindof-somewhat ok if we ended up with him, but i jsut dont see him as worthy of a top 20 pick.

coastal
03-28-2008, 10:17 AM
No... I grew up in the shadow of the Ralph and have no loyalties to MSU.

Although last year I did tag Clifton Ryan as being a steal well before the draft.

As far as D. Thomas being a bust type guy... I just don't see it that way at all.

Pinkerton Security
03-28-2008, 10:22 AM
No... I grew up in the shadow of the Ralph and have no loyalties to MSU.

Although last year I did tag Clifton Ryan as being a steal well before the draft.

As far as D. Thomas being a bust type guy... I just don't see it that way at all.

go bills!

tampabay25690
03-28-2008, 08:17 PM
He is very highly rated by most draft guides, and wouldn't be a reach at all at number 11. I keep going back to a WR with our first round pick, however, because we need more help on offense at this point.

WHO AT WR is worth a #11 Pick??????

NO ONE AT ALL...I think teh BILLS will go defense with this pick if they stay there...

X-Era
03-29-2008, 09:05 AM
I would luv to see MIKE JENKINS here I watched him plenty of times here at USF...

The guy can play....He hits, covers, tackles and has great speed....I really think the BILLS would grab a CB in the 1st round. You can never have enough coverage help.....

Dont know which games you watched, in the games I watched he was silent and a non-factor.

acehole
03-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Pass...

My buddy down in Miami wouldn't shut up about this kid all year long.
-FYI- He all sucked into the hype of South Florida's miracle season etc etc..But what stood out when talking to him was --How well he changed his coverages based on the situations. Like 3rd downs, or protecting the lead....

--Our new LB, K. Mitchell went to SOuth Fl. And was their highest drafted player in team history. He went 2nd round fyi.... IMO we would be better off taking him in the 1st & WR in 2nd then Vice versa.. IMO. Just because the elite CB tends to work better then the high drafted WR, then vice versa.. I feel alot more confident wqith the WR in the 2nd then CB in the 2nd...I am starting to like this kid &more so, that strategy...

Bone
03-29-2008, 04:05 PM

period.

Mike Jenkins

Brandon Flowers

Devin Thomas

period.

Marvelous
03-30-2008, 12:57 AM
I say we get our WR outside of the 1st & target defense in the 1st...What defensive position is more pressing then CB? Kelsay is alot more reliable then Greer & Youboty..Ryan Denney is ahead of Youboty and about same as Greer IMO. I just don't understand how Coastal & some rank DE higher then CB for us right now.?>. Terrence McGee can't go it alone bro. Where Kelsay may not be a star but he is every bit Phil Hansen... DO you know/recall Phil Hansen? seriously, im asking? No probowls, but a starter for many years and would avg like 4-6 sacks a year and nice plays here/there. Kinda like Kelsay's safety last year etc etc...IMO Kelsay is just a lunchpale type who is the least of our worries on defense at the moment..

tampabay25690
03-30-2008, 07:43 AM
Dont know which games you watched, in the games I watched he was silent and a non-factor.

AND u probably only saw the guy play on ESPN right. I have seen the guy play the last few years and trust me he is a good football player. You can't just read magaizines like most people do and watch TV. Youa ctaully have to watch guys play......You have to look at the talent around him and there upside.....

I have seen GLEN DORSEY play on TV and he has been silent to....

tampabay25690
03-30-2008, 07:45 AM
I say we get our WR outside of the 1st & target defense in the 1st...What defensive position is more pressing then CB? Kelsay is alot more reliable then Greer & Youboty..Ryan Denney is ahead of Youboty and about same as Greer IMO. I just don't understand how Coastal & some rank DE higher then CB for us right now.?>. Terrence McGee can't go it alone bro. Where Kelsay may not be a star but he is every bit Phil Hansen... DO you know/recall Phil Hansen? seriously, im asking? No probowls, but a starter for many years and would avg like 4-6 sacks a year and nice plays here/there. Kinda like Kelsay's safety last year etc etc...IMO Kelsay is just a lunchpale type who is the least of our worries on defense at the moment..

I AGREE with youy 100%% there is not a WR at 11 that is worth that pick. I SAY the BILLS will go DEFENSE...

WR draft is very deep this year and they could pick up a quality WR in the 2nd round

Mr. Pink
03-31-2008, 01:03 PM
I actually like Trae Williams better. You know the other corner on the same very team.