PDA

View Full Version : Calling for a Voter fraud commission

Dozerdog
03-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Folks-

It's getting ridiculous both out here and in the Mod forums with campaign staffers constantly badgering Shelby with complaints that this person or that person is either fake , or in some cases, real but "not really elligible" to vote.

People, relatives, coworkers may and do have the same IP addresses. It's stupid that people insiinuate girlfreinds/wives/ coworkers- some who are long time members are openly disputed. Valerie and I post on the same computer- is that fake????

What makes it worse is that Billszone staff permeate both campaigns, and they have the abilty to try and do their own "detective work" before leveling voter fraud charges that this voter, or that voter aren't legit. In the end- these witch hunts are for the most part coming up empty. Most who have been under scrutiny have eventually been cleared as legit or at the least, been deemed "probably legit".

In the end, it makes everyone look kinda petty.

Here is my proposal- and I'll use my inflence as a site co-founder to legitimize it.

1- ALL INQUIRIES about the legitimacy of a voter will be handled via PM ONLY. No public debates on the boards or in ther mod private forums.

2- I will assist in verifying any votes. It shouldn't be to hard.

3- Any staff of the zone involved in a campaign should recuse himself from the process for proprietry's sake

Opinions?

northernbillfan
03-26-2008, 11:38 PM
I think this vote went fine. The last primary had a few glitches and allegations which were proven to be unfounded. Two users voted as aliases and there was some speculation about one candidate's voters. This one went off without a hitch. IMO.

Dozerdog
03-26-2008, 11:40 PM
All I'm saying is take any suspicions to shelby via PM

Bedard's freinds are all scrutinized, Valerie's IP was scrutinized as well as her freind Mimi- it's getting stupid.

Ebenezer
03-27-2008, 12:00 AM

Bedard's freinds are all scrutinized, Valerie's IP was scrutinized as well as her freind Mimi- it's getting stupid.
and you were one of the first to pipe up opposed to voter registration...:rolleyes:

northernbillfan
03-27-2008, 12:45 AM

Bedard's freinds are all scrutinized, Valerie's IP was scrutinized as well as her freind Mimi- it's getting stupid.Point taken.

shelby
03-27-2008, 04:16 AM
i'm fine with that idea. In fact, the help would be appreciated.

Devin
03-27-2008, 06:18 AM
Cool by me.

Valerie
03-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Again, I'm REALLY sorry about Dulce. I know she doesn't post very often. I promise that she won't vote in the final election. :sorry:

L.A. Playa
03-27-2008, 09:35 AM
She is a member of the Zone if she wants to vote she should, I personally have no problem with every Zonere casting a ballot for whoever they feel will best serve their needs.

The last buffalo fan
03-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Again, I'm REALLY sorry about Dulce. I know she doesn't post very often. I promise that she won't vote in the final election. :sorry:

**** them!! Valerie :bighug:

chernobylwraiths
03-27-2008, 11:10 AM
And I was called a whiner for calling out one thread that was in the wrong place.

I noticed some posters voting who had very few posts, but I thought bringing it up would be sour grapes and decided not to.

RockStar36
03-27-2008, 11:10 AM

The Valerie thing was my fault. I jumped to conclusions. I apologize.

DraftBoy
03-27-2008, 11:14 AM
I think this is a complete overreaction. We tried to solve this issue with a simple voter registration idea but that was too much for some people, but now you want to start up a voter fraud commission? Last time ran without a hitch and it wouldnt shock me if multiple mods/admins in this election checked each and every questionable votes IP themselves. We have no need for this as things are running very smoothly and any issues have been dealt with swiftly and decisively.

The last buffalo fan
03-27-2008, 11:14 AM
The Valerie thing was my fault. I jumped to conclusions. I apologize.

Excuse me Sir, what's the campaign that you support again?

Dozerdog
03-27-2008, 11:29 AM
and you were one of the first to pipe up opposed to voter registration...:rolleyes:What I want is simplicity- not some beurocratic bull**** that makes voters shy away.

This is part of the problem- complicate fun. :down:

Dozerdog
03-27-2008, 11:31 AM

Nonsense! This reaction is what we DONT want from zone members! Feeling apologetic for partaking in the process!

Shame on us for making her / you feel that way!

RockStar36
03-27-2008, 11:41 AM
Excuse me Sir, what's the campaign that you support again?

I support Bedard. The extra vote in question yesterday was for Bedard. So if anything I was taking a vote away from the campaign that I support.

Thanks.

RockStar36
03-27-2008, 11:41 AM
IMO, at this point voter fraud will be barely anything. I think most of us are able to look at usernames, tell which ones look fishy, and check it out. I know I was able to do that.

The last buffalo fan
03-27-2008, 11:44 AM
I support Bedard. The extra vote in question yesterday was for Bedard. So if anything I was taking a vote away from the campaign that I support.

Thanks.

Geez man, have fun!!!!!!!!!! :bf1:

DraftBoy
03-27-2008, 12:33 PM
What I want is simplicity- not some beurocratic bull**** that makes voters shy away.

This is part of the problem- complicate fun. :down:

And forming a commission to meet and discuss supposed fraud is not bureaucratic bs? Give me a break the voter registration process was not only simple it took 5 seconds, if thats too much of an inconvenience to people when determining the future of their website then I dont know what else we can do for them.

BlackMetalNinja
03-27-2008, 12:35 PM
And forming a commission to meet and discuss supposed fraud is not bureaucratic bs? Give me a break the voter registration process was not only simple it took 5 seconds, if thats too much of an inconvenience to people when determining the future of their website then I dont know what else we can do for them.
I wonder if whining about a commission for voter fraud will effect the Playa campaign as much as whining about registration effected the Bedard campaign... :scratch:

DraftBoy
03-27-2008, 12:37 PM
I wonder if whining about a commission for voter fraud will effect the Playa campaign as much as whining about registration effected the Bedard campaign... :scratch:

Calling a spade a spade is not whining. You guys killed a good idea and now one of your supporters want to replace with another idea to accomplish the same goal which is no longer an issue? Im sorry I dont see the point of it, especially with less then a week left. Do you?

BlackMetalNinja
03-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Calling a spade a spade is not whining. You guys killed a good idea and now one of your supporters want to replace with another idea to accomplish the same goal which is no longer an issue? Im sorry I dont see the point of it, especially with less then a week left. Do you?

Did I say whether I agreed with the idea or not??? As far as us killing a "good idea"... that's your opinion, obviously we thought it was a bad one. I don't particularly think this is necessary either as it hasn't been too difficult to tell who is an alias and who isn't, which was the whole reason I was againt the registration too, I found it a lot of unnecessary work for the same damn reason.

THATHURMANATOR
03-27-2008, 12:44 PM
This was bound to happen after EE and I were ousted unfairly... :shakeno:

Dozerdog
03-27-2008, 12:52 PM

A non- affiliated staff member pointing out a DISCREET way to check into these things instead of starting threads about it is whining, eh?

Sounds like your party is against easy voting for the masses and intimidating those lurkers who do vote into publically humiliating "calling outs" taht keep them from voting again......

:down:

BlackMetalNinja
03-27-2008, 12:53 PM
A non- affiliated staff member pointing out a DISCREET way to check into these things instead of starting threads about it is whining, eh?

Sounds like your party is against easy voting for the masses and intimidating those lurkers who do vote into publically humiliating "calling outs" taht keep them from voting again......

:down:

I wasn't talking about you in the least Dozer... I was referring to Draftboy complaining about it, they jumped all over us when we were against the registration idea.

For the record, I noticed several voters that had almost no posts and didn't seem familiar to me, but I didn't say a word about it, just because people don't post all the time, doesn't mean they aren't here reading all the time.

The King
03-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Oui...... Lets have a vote on how to vote. :jk:

Honestly this has got to be an awful lot so whatever you guys decided is cool by me.

Dude
03-27-2008, 12:57 PM
I prefer pistols at dawn.

DraftBoy
03-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Did I say whether I agreed with the idea or not??? As far as us killing a "good idea"... that's your opinion, obviously we thought it was a bad one. I don't particularly think this is necessary either as it hasn't been too difficult to tell who is an alias and who isn't, which was the whole reason I was againt the registration too, I found it a lot of unnecessary work for the same damn reason.

I didnt say you agreed with it or not, I said your supporter does after your campaign killed the last idea. Dont start jumping to conclusions now we are merely debating a topic. I wasnt concerned with voter fraud and that registration was going to end that. I like the dedication is adds to the game and the fact that voters get to feel even more included plus it allows us to reach whole new audiences and run voter registration drives which are really a lot of fun and is a great way to quickly incorporate new posters into the zone without having them lurk for months to figure out what the heck is going on here.

DraftBoy
03-27-2008, 12:59 PM
I wasn't talking about you in the least Dozer... I was referring to Draftboy complaining about it, they jumped all over us when we were against the registration idea.

For the record, I noticed several voters that had almost no posts and didn't seem familiar to me, but I didn't say a word about it, just because people don't post all the time, doesn't mean they aren't here reading all the time.

Not complaining simply pointing out the differences between what your campaign wanted and what one of your supporters is now asking for and also stating for the record my difference in opinion. Complaining would be me going through multiple threads and starting my own threads about it. I dont like doing that stuff though.

Dude
03-27-2008, 12:59 PM
A cage match would be a good idea as well.

DraftBoy
03-27-2008, 01:00 PM
A cage match would be a good idea as well.

Sweet whose fighting and is Fat Tony making odds?

BlackMetalNinja
03-27-2008, 01:01 PM
http://www.tatteredcoat.com/images/rove-sit-n-spin.jpg

I'm going to do my best to stay out of here for awhile now... I'm getting dizzy.

BlackMetalNinja
03-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Sweet whose fighting and is Fat Tony making odds?
No...I don't think he will be :up:

DraftBoy
http://www.tatteredcoat.com/images/rove-sit-n-spin.jpg

I'm going to do my best to stay out of here for awhile now... I'm getting dizzy.

I had that when I was a kid but mine was called a Twist and Fun, was this model any better?

DraftBoy
No...I don't think he will be :up:

:sadwalk:

No fun then...

jamze132
03-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Whatever you admins and mods need to do, let me know when I can cast my vote...

Earthquake Enyart
03-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Folks-

It's getting ridiculous both out here and in the Mod forums with campaign staffers constantly badgering Shelby with complaints that this person or that person is either fake , or in some cases, real but "not really elligible" to vote.

People, relatives, coworkers may and do have the same IP addresses. It's stupid that people insiinuate girlfreinds/wives/ coworkers- some who are long time members are openly disputed. Valerie and I post on the same computer- is that fake????

What makes it worse is that Billszone staff permeate both campaigns, and they have the abilty to try and do their own "detective work" before leveling voter fraud charges that this voter, or that voter aren't legit. In the end- these witch hunts are for the most part coming up empty. Most who have been under scrutiny have eventually been cleared as legit or at the least, been deemed "probably legit".

In the end, it makes everyone look kinda petty.

Here is my proposal- and I'll use my inflence as a site co-founder to legitimize it.

1- ALL INQUIRIES about the legitimacy of a voter will be handled via PM ONLY. No public debates on the boards or in ther mod private forums.

2- I will assist in verifying any votes. It shouldn't be to hard.

3- Any staff of the zone involved in a campaign should recuse himself from the process for proprietry's sake

Opinions?
:rofl:

The Zone needs someone that actually has a pair to tell the whiners to STFU.

Problem is that most of the whiners are already on your fine staff. :rofl:

northernbillfan
03-30-2008, 09:04 PM
:rofl:

The Zone needs someone that actually has a pair to tell the whiners to STFU.

Problem is that most of the whiners are already on your fine staff. :rofl:STFU! I'm sick of your whining about the staff. If you don't like them, get the **** out of here.

Earthquake Enyart
03-30-2008, 11:29 PM
STFU! I'm sick of your whining about the staff. If you don't like them, get the **** out of here.
So everything is fine then, eh?

I don't have a leg to stand on. :rofl:

I didn't start voter registration. If you guys were smart, the election should have been a non-public poll, and shelby as ultimate poobah would eliminate the fraud privately. This would have prevented all the whining and gnashing of teeth.

shelby
03-31-2008, 04:09 AM
If the poll is not public, i can't see who's voting. That would make it very difficult to check for possible fraud.

LtFinFan66
03-31-2008, 04:53 AM
:goodpost: