03-28-2008, 01:31 PM
http://buffalonews.typepad.com/billboard/2008/03/top-cb-visits-b.html

more cowbell
03-28-2008, 03:02 PM
hed be a nice pick...

patmoran2006
03-28-2008, 03:04 PM
No corners.
we need offensive playmakers who can be studs..

WTF

Tatonka
03-28-2008, 03:05 PM
**** that.

casdhf
03-28-2008, 03:05 PM
The Ravens won a super bowl with no offense.

Mr. Miyagi
03-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Another bluff move. People oughta chill out and stop reacting to every little move everyone makes. It's all a poker game until draft day.

mayotm
03-28-2008, 03:15 PM
No corners.

WTFWhat WR or TE is worth the 11th pick? Soon as they draft a WR at 11, you'll be *****in' they reached.

Mr. Miyagi
03-28-2008, 03:18 PM
What WR or TE is worth the 11th pick? Soon as they draft a WR at 11, you'll be *****in' they reached.
Rest assure, patmoran will be *****ing no matter what the Bills do.

So it's a moot point.

mayotm
03-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Personally, I don't think there is a huge difference between the WRs rated 1 - 5 than WR's 10 -15. While WR is probably our biggest need, I'm becoming more and more convinced that the Bills won't use their 11th pick on WR.

patmoran2006
03-28-2008, 03:45 PM
What WR or TE is worth the 11th pick? Soon as they draft a WR at 11, you'll be *****in' they reached.
And what corner is worth the 11th ina cover two defense?

On top of that, just like WR there isnt a clear cut #1 corner, and if there is one (DRC) he'll probably be gone anway by 11.

WHEN You consider this offense and how PATHETIC its' state has been the past few years. Sweed, Kelly and maybe even Thomas are ALL WORTHY of the 11th pick.

patmoran2006
03-28-2008, 03:46 PM
Rest assure, patmoran will be *****ing no matter what the Bills do.

So it's a moot point.
shut it.
I've barely *****ed this offseason. In fact, I've been quite pleased over the past month, though im befuddled as to how the bills could do absolutely NOTHING to improve their offense.

WHICH by the way I expect to be addressed with our first pick, not a f'n cornerback.

yordad
03-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Pre draft misinformation. We did the same thing last year when we were shouting "running back by committee" from the roof tops.

DynaPaul
03-28-2008, 03:58 PM
It's all a poker game until draft day.

I thought Donahoe was fired as GM?

Mr. Miyagi
03-28-2008, 04:08 PM
shut it.
I've barely *****ed this offseason. In fact, I've been quite pleased over the past month, though im befuddled as to how the bills could do absolutely NOTHING to improve their offense.

WHICH by the way I expect to be addressed with our first pick, not a f'n cornerback.
What if Cromartie is there? I think there is a good chance he might be. Would you feel better about that?

mayotm
03-28-2008, 04:26 PM
And what corner is worth the 11th ina cover two defense?

On top of that, just like WR there isnt a clear cut #1 corner, and if there is one (DRC) he'll probably be gone anway by 11.

WHEN You consider this offense and how PATHETIC its' state has been the past few years. Sweed, Kelly and maybe even Thomas are ALL WORTHY of the 11th pick.You won't find a single post where I've stated they should take a CB at 11. Although CB, like WR is an option. If WR wasn't so deep, I would be more inclined to feel they have to take a WR at 11.

patmoran2006
03-28-2008, 04:56 PM
What if Cromartie is there? I think there is a good chance he might be. Would you feel better about that?
ONLY if they are assured of getting back into the later part of the first round like they did with McCargo and take either Kelly, Sweed or Thomas.

They NEED a WR.. They could possibly lose Evans after this year, but even if they dont, WR is still priority #1, not corner.

Our corners will be better with an improved DL, which we've clearly already done. The starters will remain the same, and hopefully James fills the role Webster was supposed to and Kiwi Tried to.

I dont dislike Jenkins, McKelvin or DRC, I just think that it would be a VERY stupid pick. Now if we had signed Hackett and maybe Crumpler; I'd feel totally different.

Now playing Devils Advocate and looking at it from the other side; one could make a reasonable arguement on how good Reevis from the Jets already is.

patmoran2006
03-28-2008, 04:58 PM
You won't find a single post where I've stated they should take a CB at 11. Although CB, like WR is an option. If WR wasn't so deep, I would be more inclined to feel they have to take a WR at 11.
Would you agree our skilled players offensively are grossly undermanned, and given all the cap room we have, aren't you the least bit confused on why we did nothing?

The only logical thing I can come up with is they plan on taking a WR at #11 instead of signing Hacket, Johnson, Wilford or whomever else.

FlyingDutchman
03-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Pat why are you so upset about not signing hackett? is it really the player you wanted? or are you just pissed at the fact no moves were made. Bc you shoudnt make moves just for the sake of making moves. What would have happend when history repeated itself and Hackett got hurt, and we are right back to square 1, except with money wasted? None of those guys in free agency were the answer to our problems. You talk about Crumpler often, Crumpler was the product of a system that played into him, plus he would have been a two year band aid. Why not just draft long term?

Mr. Miyagi
03-28-2008, 05:11 PM
They NEED a WR.. They could possibly lose Evans after this year, but even if they dont, WR is still priority #1, not corner.
If we don't draft a high round WR, doesn't that make re-signing Evans that much more of a priority for the Bills, thus less of a chance we'll lose him?

In fact on the contrary, if we DO draft a WR in the first round, does that not increase the odds of us letting Evans go?

Ed
03-28-2008, 05:13 PM
This shouldn't surprise anyone. It would be totally stupid of the Bills to only bring in WR's and not evaluate all their options.

For all we know there's only one WR that the Bills feel is worthy of the #11 pick, and there's always the chance that that player could go in the top 10. Whether that's likely or not, you still have to be prepared for all situations.

Even if WR is the #1 need, which it seems to be, taking a WR at #11 may not be the smartest pick depending on how things unfold. Reaching for a player you don't feel is worth it is not a formula for success in this league.

mayotm
03-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Would you agree our skilled players offensively are grossly undermanned, and given all the cap room we have, aren't you the least bit confused on why we did nothing?

The only logical thing I can come up with is they plan on taking a WR at #11 instead of signing Hacket, Johnson, Wilford or whomever else.I agree that we need upgrades at #2 receiver and TE. However, again, I don't think there is a huge difference between the #1 rated WR and the #15 rated WR. Therefore, I don't think the Bills necessarily have to go WR at 11.

I also agree that signing a #2 WR in the off-season would've been nice. It didn't happen. It will be addressed in the draft. Either at 11 or later.

TigerJ
03-28-2008, 06:00 PM
I wouldn't call it a bluff, Mr Myagi. I regard it as "exploring all options" so they are prepared for however the draft plays out. Any team but the one with the first overall pick had better have a plan B if the the player they are targeting happens not to be available. What if Devin Thomas or Limas Sweed blows out a knee playing a pickup basketball game the day before the draft?

Oaf
03-28-2008, 06:35 PM
We need a DE. It'll automatically make the corners we have better once we get a consistent pass rush. Can't say that the other way around, can you?

Night Train
03-28-2008, 06:49 PM
The Bills wanted more information on a highly rated player they may have not spent significant time with at the Senior Bowl or Combine.

Why invent imaginary scenerios as to why he is visiting ? Oh, I know.

Boredom !

tampabay25690
03-28-2008, 08:13 PM
No corners.

WTF

He would be a great pick up for this team....

PECKERWOOD
03-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Yea, how could anybody here honestly be pissed off if we got McKelvin at #11?? The guy is a stud and would immediately be a starter.

TedMock
03-28-2008, 09:34 PM
There is not a substantive drop off in WR talent this year between rounds 1 and 3, maybe even 1 and 4. The top of the CB field is very, very talented. If we stay at 11, the only thing to do is take BPA. I see no other rational way to deal with it. Now, if 3 CB's are gone and Sweed or Thomas happen to be sitting there, maybe that's the pick. McKelvin and Jenkins should be no-brainers. I put DRC right behind them, not because of athleticism, but experience and field maturity. He could end up a stud and I like him a lot, but I'd be cautious to pull the trigger. I still like Talib a lot too.

I think Kelly is a little overrated and now we here about lingering knee problems. That's scary. Ideally we trade down.

A WR is going to have a much easier time contributing in year one with us because they are not going to be the No. 1 guy and our 3rd WR is actually decent. This along with the limited gaps in overall talent this year could free us up to pick a WR in the 2nd or 3rd and I wouldn't be upset. I also wouldn't be upset in the 1st, but we're not going to be in a position where we MUST pick a position in a particular round. That would be stupid. We MUST pick a few positions in the draft, but not necessarily in certain order.

jamze132
03-29-2008, 03:00 AM
The Bills will either take a WR at #11 or they will move down. Count on it...

Night Train
03-29-2008, 05:31 AM
Yea, how could anybody here honestly be pissed off if we got McKelvin at #11??

I haven't fogotten the 56-10 pasting by the Pats.

We'll get our WR and TE but no D pick is a bad one. We need all the help we can get on that side of the ball. McKelvin is a rare talent.

The biggest difference on Offense will be the playcalling by the Turk.

YardRat
03-29-2008, 05:50 AM
I'd feel more comfortable going into the draft if we had done anything at all regarding WR in FA.

bigbub2352
03-29-2008, 08:18 AM
devon thomas will be the pick at 11 or if we trade out for more picks and go in the mid 20s we will be the pick, we will reach or get him were he is valued, hold me too it he will be are pick

Mahdi
03-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Even if Cromartie is there what benefit is he to us really? As we saw last year Greer came in with almost no starting experience and played great. As long as we play cover 2 why bother wasting a high pick on a CB when the difference in play between him and Greer will only be marginal? We dont play enough man coverage to need a bigtime corner. IMO we have greater needs at DE than CB.

That being said drafting Devin Thomas would be a huge upgrade over Josh Reed and overall would have a much greater impact on the team.