• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA Season Ticket Holder
    You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
    • Jul 2002

Lewis committed to Kitna as starter

CINCINNATI -- The shuffle is over. Jon Kitna is the quarterback.

Even if the Cincinnati Bengals take quarterback Carson Palmer with the first overall pick in the draft later this month, their plan for the position is clear-cut under new coach Marvin Lewis.

Unlike his predecessor, Lewis doesn't believe in leaving the position in flux during training camp or changing passers willy-nilly during the season.

The job belongs to Kitna.

"Jon enters in with confidence in himself,'' Lewis said. "And I think this football team has confidence in him.''

Lewis is making a clean break with the club's philosophy about its passer.

One of the club's first moves after Lewis took over was to pay Kitna his performance bonus, even though he came up just short of earning it. Owner Mike Brown initially balked at parting with $1 million, but relented after hiring Lewis.

"When they decided to give me the bonus, I felt that was a statement on their part that I was their guy,'' Kitna said Saturday, between minicamp workouts. "But security is a fleeting thing.''

The shuffle is over. Jon Kitna is the quarterback, according to Marvin Lewis.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Look down the forum
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• PA Season Ticket Holder
      You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
      • Jul 2002

I'll check that a little better next time

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home

Comment

Working...
      X