Philagape
03-28-2008, 09:04 PM
I'd say unbelievable, but actually it's quite believable

Philagape
03-28-2008, 09:04 PM
To make the night even better, Flyers got a point in a SO loss

Nighthawk
03-28-2008, 09:05 PM
I swear, the worst thing that happens to this team is that they get up by more than 1 goal.

hydro
03-28-2008, 09:05 PM
How about we win it in OT for once :up:

Nighthawk
03-28-2008, 09:06 PM
To make the night even better, Flyers got a point in a SO loss

This team might be the worst mentally tough team I've ever watched. Each player, each coach, from the goalie...to the defense...to the forwards!

Nighthawk
03-28-2008, 09:06 PM
How about we win it in OT for once :up:

How about this team and Miller actually hold a lead?

hydro
03-28-2008, 09:08 PM
How about this team and Miller actually hold a lead?

Of course that would be ideal!:bandwagon

hydro
03-28-2008, 09:10 PM
One step closer to this season being over.

LABillsFan
03-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Well, well, well, That's all I have to say.

Philagape
03-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Get out the golf bags

Nighthawk
03-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Can we all please stop protecting Miller and just face facts that he has choked BIG TIME this year? Of course, it's not all on him, but he just doesn't make the saves when we need them and he couldn't hold a lead to save his life. I do not know what has happened to him and it just seems he can't handle the pressure.

LABillsFan
03-28-2008, 09:14 PM
The positive is that we won't have to waste 3 nights a week watching them in the playoffs making a run for the cup.

LABillsFan
03-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Can we all please stop protecting Miller and just face facts that he has choked BIG TIME this year? Of course, it's not all on him, but he just doesn't make the saves when we need them and he couldn't hold a lead to save his life. I do not know what has happened to him and it just seems he can't handle the pressure.

I really think, he is either hurting or totally spent and the team is covering. He's not that bad of a goaltender.

hydro
03-28-2008, 09:17 PM
I could see being hard on him if he had a decent amount of days off this year or a good D in front of him but he has played over 25 games straight with a depleated defense. Marty Brodeur would look as if he should retire behind this team.

Nighthawk
03-28-2008, 09:21 PM
I could see being hard on him if he had a decent amount of days off this year or a good D in front of him but he has played over 25 games straight with a depleated defense. Marty Brodeur would look as if he should retire behind this team.

No, I don't think so. Miller is not in the same class as the top goalies in this league. He's not a bad goalie, but people have to stop thinking he is elite...he's not. He is a goalie who needs a great team around him...he's not one who will make his team great.

hydro
03-28-2008, 09:24 PM
No, I don't think so. Miller is not in the same class as the top goalies in this league. He's not a bad goalie, but people have to stop thinking he is elite...he's not. He is a goalie who needs a great team around him...he's not one who will make his team great.

I would agree that his not elite but what other options do we have? The problem is he will ask for elite goalie money and even though he might not deserve it there will be ******ed team out there that will shell out the money blindly.

chubluv
03-28-2008, 09:26 PM

Great post Hydro.

You are exactly right. Even Hasek would want to kill some body if he had this kind of support in front of him.

We need are youth to grow up quick. Hopefully this will be their wake up call going into next year.

Nighthawk
03-28-2008, 09:29 PM
I would agree that his not elite but what other options do we have? The problem is he will ask for elite goalie money and even though he might not deserve it there will be ******ed team out there that will shell out the money blindly.

No, I agree...they don't have any other options at this point. I'd just like for them to not be closed minded and to at least start looking for another goalie to compete. I'd just hate to overpay for a player that just isn't what we all thought he would be. Like it or not, the elite goalies play a lot and do it well. This season was a great gauge of what kind of goalie Miller can be and I do believe he has failed the test. I don't want them to let him go, but I also can't see spending that kind of money on him. Uggh, what to do!

Nighthawk
03-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Great post Hydro.

You are exactly right. Even Hasek would want to kill some body if he had this kind of support in front of him.

We need are youth to grow up quick. Hopefully this will be their wake up call going into next year.

Wow, are you serious??? The teams in front of Hasek were worse than this one! All I ask is for everybody to stop making excuses for Miller...that is the part that I just don't understand. He blew another two goal lead tonight and everybody is willing to give him a pass...huh?

Nighthawk
03-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Great post Hydro.

By the way...you do realize that Miller has one of the highest scoring teams in the league in front of him...don't you? Hasek nor Brodeur has EVER had that.