PDA

View Full Version : How about....

alohabillsfan
03-29-2008, 06:48 AM
Swapping first rounders for this (the swap would be to the mid 20's);

WR 6'4'' 215 lbs 2007 stats 38 rec, 600+ yds, 16 yds per catch, 10 TD's, long of 80 yds.

He is going to turn 25 in May.

His name is Reggie Williams. Think we could swap 2nds for him, it's also the last year of his rookie contract.

Jacksonville is loaded with high draft picks at WR (they just never developed)

Reggie Williams # 9 overall pick---not Del Rios favorite, not his worst, see below
Matt Jones #21 overall pick---Del Rios worst, most likely gone
Troy Williamson #7 overall pick---can run like the wind, just can't catch
Jerry Porter 2ND RD pick--- 16 Jags new #1 WR
Dennis Northcut 2ND RD 1st pick--- For some reason Jags like him
Mike Walker 3RD RD pick last year and the Jags love him, would replace RW.
John Broussard 7th rd pick
D'juan Woods Undrafted
Jacksonville has several extra picks thanks to the Stroud trade that will allow them to draft a replacement player for Reggie Williams, what they covet is a DE.

Thoughts?

coastal
03-29-2008, 07:43 AM
I don't think you are far off...

I have seen that Jville is all about trading up to get Derrick Harvey.

As long as we get our 3rd round pick back and either a player of note or their 2rd rounder, I'd do it.

Ickybaluky
03-29-2008, 08:12 AM
He finally established himself as a starter for them, so I'm not sure they will be looking to deal him. Jacksonville is more in win-now mode than trying to accumulate draft picks.

Not a bad player, though. He is never going to catch a ton of passes, but he is terrific in the Red Zone and showed some big-play ability last year. Big guy who is tough to bring down once he catches the ball. Had a terrific second half of the season, catching 26-510 (19.6 YPR) with 7 TD over their last 9 games.