• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

What does it say about Ko...

...that Perry Fewell would like to find another strong safety so he could switch Donte Whitner to free safety? If I were Ko, I would be pissed to be hearing this.

Ko is basically coming off of a rookie season after spending all of last year on IR. He says he is still not at 100%.

Knowing all of this, I'm thinking the both safety positions are very much in flux heading into the draft.

I would not be suprised to see a strong safety taken in the 3rd.

Thoughts?
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Re: What does it say about Ko...

i would like to see what he's capable of. It's only March...hopefully by August he will be back to 100%.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

Watch both Whitner's and Simpson's video interviews on bb.com. The light finally came on for me.

Whitner's excited because he'll be out of the box more often with the additions of Stroud, Mitchel and Johnson. He's excited because our D is such that FS and SS are interchangable from play to play.

With the new beef on D, Whitner won't have to fill in so much in run support... Giving Fewell the opportunity to finally take full advantage of this feature of our D.

There's little doubt in my mind that Whitner and Simpson will start. And the platoon of Wilson, Wendling and Scott is more than competent not only for rotation, but for dime coverage as well.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Ko is coming off a severely broken ankle. It may take quite awhile longer for him to completely heal. Even with Wendling (potentially a very good player), plus Wilson and Scott, we may be looking for a little additional insurance, rather than Ko's replacement.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by coastal
          ...that Perry Fewell would like to find another strong safety so he could switch Donte Whitner to free safety? If I were Ko, I would be pissed to be hearing this.

Ko is basically coming off of a rookie season after spending all of last year on IR. He says he is still not at 100%.

Knowing all of this, I'm thinking the both safety positions are very much in flux heading into the draft.

Thoughts?
          I care more about our team making the playoffs than whether or not Ko is pissed!

If moving Whitner makes us better, then get-er-did

Comment

• TedMock
            • Jul 2002

I don't think it's a knock on Ko that we'd like more safety help. The guy broke his ankle last year and we had Jim Leonhard and George Wilson playing. Both tried hard and played as well as can be expected - Wilson even better. Let's face it, Leonhard was destroyed in coverage quite often and Wilson switched positions, and, though he had some bright spots, he made his share of mistakes as well. I think bringing in safety help is just the wise thing to do, not necessarily because our starters aren't up to snuff. Injuries happen.

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

If Ko is going to play he will earn it in training camp, but that shouldn't stop the Bills from getting better at the position and improving the depth.

Comment

• acehole
                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by ddaryl
                If Ko is going to play he will earn it in training camp, but that shouldn't stop the Bills from getting better at the position and improving the depth.
                Considering that Saftey is a very iimportant cog in this type
                of deffense...bringing in another player would not hurt....there are
                plenty of tweener Lb's that can play saftey in this system that
                can be had in the draft....good lb'er that are to small to play LB
                in the NFL can play saftey in this system that can be had very
                late in this or any other draft. (Which is why I did not like the
                witner pick.) The safteys in this system are interchangable so
                bring in another guy....if Ko is heathy great if not big deal...they
                switch these guys in and out anyway...during a game even during
                a series...this is much to do about nothing....

What does it say about KO? Nothing he wants to play....
                Hated by the stupid..
                Loved by their moms.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

I disagree.

Ko looked poised to have a monster season before he got injured. I think he is going to have a monster year this upcoming season. However, there is no question we need depth behind this guy and a little competition can't kill nobody.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Did Fewell come out and say he was looking to upgrade at safety and move Whitner? I missed that.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by coastal

Thoughts?
                      it tells me that they are VERY VERY worried about his injury. I don't think he's anywhere near 100% yet, and they feel that George Wilson was not good enough at FS, and they don't think Ko Simpson will be healthy enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X