PDA

View Full Version : So happy Fairchild is gone....

acehole
03-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Our offence will be addition by subtraction.

That fact that this douche is gone will hopfully
mean a more creative offense.

It was so predictable last year...I remember going to the jets bills game and telling the jets fan next to me what the play would be before every snap. He looked at me with amazement. If I knew what the play was from the bleachers.....the jets must have as well.

Ace

C Brown Blog entry below.

10. Hi Chris!
I want to know your opinninon on what Turk will be doing differently with the Offense. Josh Reed and others spoke about their dislike for last years schemes. I understand Turk will not change everything but what will he change in order to allow more opportunities?
Thanks
Denver Bill

CB: I think you'll see the tight ends used more in the passing game. Steve Fairchild didn't have much use for them in his scheme, which wasn't surprising because Mike Martz doesn't use the tight end much either. I think there will be more play action, more passing on first down and more rollouts for the quarterbacks. I also think the backs will be thrown to a lot more especially with the emergence of Fred Jackson last year. Between him and Marshawn Lynch there should be a lot of options with those two guys out of the backfield and split wide.

Patti120
03-29-2008, 09:08 AM
:bravo:

God I hope Turk is the man and our offense comes to life!

coastal
03-29-2008, 10:05 AM
I remember reading that when Josh Reed motioned in a few steps, that a run was coming to that side every single time.

Pathetic.

Mitchy moo
03-29-2008, 10:23 AM
My 8 Yr old knew the plays coming, so did all of our opponents.

acehole
03-29-2008, 10:29 AM
I remember reading that when Josh Reed motioned in a few steps, that a run was coming to that side every single time.

Pathetic.

Cant wait to see this show...this year. That fact that TE's were not involve certainly made us easier to stop....

ddaryl
03-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Heck I remember watching games last year and the announcers picked up the most obvious tell in the world...

Trent was the QB at the time and he would look down the line of scrimmage almost like he was callling an audible, but then he would make a hand gesture, just a flat hand /palm down motion from right to left. Everytime he made that motion we ran the ball.

The gesture was so obvious that if it was a rookie QB mistake the Bills coaches could have easily caught that and fixed it, but it was there the entire game, over and over again. It was a joke, a very bad one, and it was obviously what Trent was being coached to do...

Yes I agree, we should be better on the O side of the ball just by changing OC... I hope Turk can make it happen.

acehole
03-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Cant be any worse then last year.

Part of the offensive problem last year.
(Excluding the qb debate)

#1 Fairchild (Gone!)

#2 WR (?)

#TE C Andersen/Teyo Johnson? (Draft pick?)

One gone 1 1/2 more to go......

Heck I remember watching games last year and the announcers picked up the most obvious tell in the world...

Trent was the QB at the time and he would look down the line of scrimmage almost like he was callling an audible, but then he would make a hand gesture, just a flat hand /palm down motion from right to left. Everytime he made that motion we ran the ball.

The gesture was so obvious that if it was a rookie QB mistake the Bills coaches could have easily caught that and fixed it, but it was there the entire game, over and over again. It was a joke, a very bad one, and it was obviously what Trent was being coached to do...

Yes I agree, we should be better on the O side of the ball just by changing OC... I hope Turk can make it happen.

raphael120
03-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Ugh... I was saying they needed more rollouts and playaction whenever JP was our QB and they forced him to stay in the pocket...didn't use his athleticism....it seems like we hire MORONS and we have to wait them out to run their course before we can play some ****ing smart football.

Schonert also better back up his ****ing words, it's easy to say what he wants to do, but to actually DO it...I remember how we wanted to throw the ball to Lynch all the time and we threw it to him on less than an average of once a game.. Talk is cheap.

raphael120
03-29-2008, 11:09 AM

Pathetic.

I think every Bills fan knows exactly what that play was. I remember seeing it at least once a game and it NEVER worked.

coastal
03-29-2008, 11:18 AM
I remember a few series where they actually threw to the backs.

You know something?

It worked.

Fairchild ranks up there with Walt Corey as among the worst coordinators we have ever had.

TacklingDummy
03-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Show me something on the field. Words mean nothing.

Meathead
03-29-2008, 12:44 PM
not rolling out jp and letting him create to his strengths is one of the all time bills mysteries

i hope edwards does well but when jp gets his shots i cant wait to see what happens when they let him roll and scramble

Captain gameboy
03-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Absotively.

It is more than a mystery, it is shocking.

We drafted a guy we were told was a scrambler with a rocket arm and we ran our offense like he was Johnny Unitas in his highest high tops with a high ankle sprain.

Go figure.

ParanoidAndroid
03-29-2008, 01:08 PM
This might be all talk at this point, but it's difficult to think that offensive game-planning will not improve post-Fairchild.

While it may be unproven at this point to say that Faircild was already in Colorado in his mind, and he was completely unfocused on the job at hand, the circumstantial evidence is there.

Exibit A - Did anyone see any noticeable change in gameplan from week to week? I did not. It appeared as though, no matter what the strength or weaknesses of other defenses were, we used the same vanilla set of plays.

Exhibit B - Did anyone see any in-game adjustments? For instance, if a play worked did we go back to it until they stopped it? If a play did not work the first 3 or 4 times, did we abandon it? I remember a Lynch run off left tackle with a little misdirection that went for 20 yards the first time they ran it. Not once, did they go back to that play. Not friggin' once! I remember how frustrated I was looking for them to run it again.

Exhibit C - Perhaps one of the most tell-tale pieces of evidence comes from Turk Schonert during his interview. While he did not criticise Fairchild directly, he could not resist commenting on the development of plays during the week leading to a game. Schonert explained how they would run plays, get the mechanics and timing down during practice, and everyone would be excited about getting the thing working in a game. However, as Schonert noted, that play would not be called in the game. The way he spoke of it, he hints that this was not uncommon. As a teacher, i know one of the worst things you can do to a group of students is just that. Introduce new material, get them excited about it and so into it, they understand it and are ready to ace a test on it and then, when test time comes around, ask them no questions regarding the new material. Cruel and disheartening.

Exhibit D - The predictability of plays and deficiency of imagination suggests a total lack of desire.

acehole
03-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Thank you...you took most posters to school with this post!
Learning is fun people don't fear it!

This might be all talk at this point, but it's difficult to think that offensive game-planning will not improve post-Fairchild.

While it may be unproven at this point to say that Faircild was already in Colorado in his mind, and he was completely unfocused on the job at hand, the circumstantial evidence is there.

Exibit A - Did anyone see any noticeable change in gameplan from week to week? I did not. It appeared as though, no matter what the strength or weaknesses of other defenses were, we used the same vanilla set of plays.

Exhibit B - Did anyone see any in-game adjustments? For instance, if a play works did we go back to it until they stopped it? If a play did not work the first 3 or 4 times, did we abandon it? I remember a Lynch run off left tackle with a little misdirection that went for 20 yards the first time they ran it. Not once, did they go back to that play. Not friggin' once! I remember how frustrated I was looking for them to run it again.

Exhibit C - Perhaps one of the most tell-tale pieces of evidence comes from Turk Schonert during his interview. While he did not criticise Fairchild directly, he could not resist commenting on the development of plays during the week leading to a game. Schonert explained how they would run plays, get the mechanics and timing down during practice, and everyone would be excited about getting the thing working in a game. However, as Schonert noted, that play would not be called in the game. The way he spoke of it, he hints that this was not uncommon. As a teacher, i know one of the worst things you can do to a group of students is just that. Introduce new material, get them excited about it and so into it, they understand it and are ready to ace a test on it and then, when test time comes around, ask them no questions regarding the new material. Cruel and disheartening.

Exhibit D - The predictability of plays and deficiency of imagination suggests a total lack of desire.

DrGraves
03-29-2008, 01:41 PM
absolutely addition by subtraction. a five year old could have done a better job.

Ickybaluky
03-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Of course, people were saying many of the same things about Kevin Gilbride when he coached here. Now he is coordinating a Super Bowl Champion.

ParanoidAndroid
03-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Of course, people were saying many of the same things about Kevin Gilbride when he coached here. Now he is coordinating a Super Bowl Champion.

He didn't seem to be able to get much going with his group, but it wasn't anywhere near the level of ineptitude as Fairchild. I don't think that the knocks on Gilbride were as much of a concensus as they are about Fairchild. I leaned more towards getting an offensive line for Gilbride than canning Gilbride with the expectation that a new OC would be able to do better with the same set of players. Yours seems like a plausible argument on the surface, but it's not so simple.

jamze132
03-29-2008, 05:53 PM
I don't see how our offense could possibly be worse than last years. I expect to actually score some TDs this year!!!

Philagape
03-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Wow, we're all in agreement :up:

Mitchy moo
03-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Wow, we're all in agreement :up:

Rare time.:respect:

acehole
03-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Rare time.:respect:

jp>te

Spiderweb
03-30-2008, 02:13 PM
He didn't seem to be able to get much going with his group, but it wasn't anywhere near the level of ineptitude as Fairchild. I don't think that the knocks on Gilbride were as much of a concensus as they are about Fairchild. I leaned more towards getting an offensive line for Gilbride than canning Gilbride with the expectation that a new OC would be able to do better with the same set of players. Yours seems like a plausible argument on the surface, but it's not so simple.

In Gilbride's defense, he had a cement statue for a QB (Dredsoe) and an offensive line, that in its best day was quite offensive. This is not to say Gilbride was good either, but in his case, he has others to carry some of their misfortunes offensively under his run.

acehole
03-30-2008, 05:48 PM
In Gilbride's defense, he had a cement statue for a QB (Dredsoe) and an offensive line, that in its best day was quite offensive. This is not to say Gilbride was good either, but in his case, he has others to carry some of their misfortunes offensively under his run.

Glen Parker?...hahaha

hydro
03-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Glen Parker?...hahaha

:huh:

justasportsfan
03-31-2008, 10:05 AM

Either Gilbride learned and evolved or Coughlin told him to have a more balance attack. On NFLN , they said Coughlin told him to run the ball.

acehole
03-31-2008, 05:06 PM
:huh:

Glen parker was one of our great offensive linemen back then.

We did not have the ponies (Oline) to run the chuck and duck gilbride offense.

Long developing pass plays dont work if your left tackle is a guard.

BillsFever21
03-31-2008, 10:40 PM
Ugh... I was saying they needed more rollouts and playaction whenever JP was our QB and they forced him to stay in the pocket...didn't use his athleticism....it seems like we hire MORONS and we have to wait them out to run their course before we can play some ****ing smart football.

Schonert also better back up his ****ing words, it's easy to say what he wants to do, but to actually DO it...I remember how we wanted to throw the ball to Lynch all the time and we threw it to him on less than an average of once a game.. Talk is cheap.

This has been the same song and dance for every new coordinator. The new guys comes in saying this or that will be done differently but then it's just as bad or worse then before. You can roll out this same story every year but just change the names.

justasportsfan
04-01-2008, 09:40 AM
not rolling out jp and letting him create to his strengths is one of the all time bills mysteries

i hope edwards does well but when jp gets his shots i cant wait to see what happens when they let him roll and scramble
Word!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K2m1QaZ90EA