coastal's mock draft - 1st round (picks 16-31)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

coastal's mock draft - 1st round (picks 16-31)

16. Arizona Cardinals - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB Tenn St.
    Jenkins, Leodis or DRC. Some feel that the Cards got the best of the 3 CB's at the top of the draft. I still think DRC is all hype.

17. Minnesota Vikings - Chris Williams, OT Vanderbilt
    Bryant McKinnie is facing a felony charge in Miami and the patience of the organization might be wearing thin with Bryant in spite of a 2006 contract extension. Look for the Vikings to draft his replacement and then come down hard on Bryant. I would love to see what kind of moral conduct verbiage is in Bryant's contract.

18. Houton Texans - Antoine Cason, CB Arizona
    The Texans are continuing to build a very good defense through the draft... Mario Williams, Amobi Akoye, Demeco Ryans and now Antoine. Of all the CB's I think Antoine is the most "NFL ready" and could end up being the best pro of the bunch.

19. Philadelphia Eagles - Dan Connor, LB Penn State
    Philadelphia is woefully thin at LB and need to replenish perhaps the whole lot in the next year or two. Dan Connor may be a reach here, but you damn well know what you get when you pick him... a starting caliber linebacker.

20. Tampa Bay Bucaneers - Andre Caldwell, WR Florida
    Balmer or Sims were possibilities for the Bucs at DT, but in the end they desperately need to get faster on offense. Andre does just that and brings some return abilities along with him. this is what gets him picked over Limas.

21. Washington Redskins - Limas Sweed, WR Texas
    Big, fast and a jump baller. This is a no-brainer pick for Washington and about as easy to predict should Sweed somehow drop this far.

22. Dallas Cowboys - DeSean Jackson, WR Cal
    The fast track in Dallas just got faster. Let's see if Romo can out throw DeSean. What a bunch of ****.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers - Branden Albert, G Virginia
    With Faneca gone, this seems to be another no-brainer pick. Albert needs to get coached up, but he won't have a choice of that in Steel Town. Somehow you know this guy is going to end up being a Pro-Bowler.

24. Tennessee Titans - Philip Merling, DE Clemson
    They really need help on the offensive side of the ball, but the value just isn't there. He'll start immediately at LDE and face single teams throughout his rookie campaign.

25. Seattle Seahawks - Jonathan Stewart, RB Oregon
    Looks like Jonathan isn't going to have to travel that far to reach his new NFL home. The Seabags are ecstatic that he fell to them.

26. Buffalo Bills (from Jacksonville) - Reggie Smith, CB Oklahoma

Buffalo again looks to increase the size of their secondary by adding the 6'+ Reggie Smith to the mix. He is versatile having played both safety and CB in college. He is also extremely physical, provides outstanding run support and plays extremly well in zone/off coverage. His footwork is his weakness. He could have benefited from returning to school for his senior year, but will be a nice addition to what is becoming a youthful and versatile Bills secondary.

27. San Diego Chargers - Felix Jones, RB Arkansas
    Whoa! What about LT? Well, they just lost Michael Turner and if LT goes down, it would be nice not to toss the season aside by having someone who might noe look too bad trying to fill his shoes. Not just that... but it rips Felix from the claws of Jerry Jones one pick before Dallas is on the clock again. What's not to like?

28. Dallas Cowboys - Jamaal Charles, RB Texas
    Well one thing is for certain... Dallas added a whole lot of speed to their offense with their two selections. Jamaal is the perfect compliment to Marion Barber.

29. San Francisco 49ers - Mario Manningham, WR Michigan
    Mario's pro day 40 time just gets him back into Round 1. Mike Martz needed someone who can be a big play and he likes receivers like Mario.

30. Green Bay Packers - Jerod Mayo, LB Tenn
    The missing link (if they really had one to begin with) on the Pack D was at strong-side backer. Jerod is going to fill in nicely here and help to create quite simply the best linebacking corps in the entire NFL.

31. New England Patriots -

32. New York Giants - Kenny Phillips, S U of Miami
    Total need due to free agnecy loss + best available player at position = no brainer
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: coastal's mock draft - 1st round (picks 16-31)

I LOVE THE REGGIE SMITH PICK!! I've said from Day 1 Smith would be an EXCELLENT fit for our team. ( Although if we can't find a partner to trade down with I wouldn't mind Aqib Talib! )

P.S. - I'd be awfully surprised to see Manningham go in the 1st.

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

Re: coastal's mock draft - 1st round (picks 16-31)

Originally posted by BuffaloFever

P.S. - I'd be awfully surprised to see Manningham go in the 1st.
      It's San Fran... they gave Nate Clements $80 million.

Comment

Working...
      X