PDA

View Full Version : Sabres could join the rangers in a dubious distinction..

Mitchy moo
03-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Depending on tonight's results, the defending Presidents' Trophy champion Sabres could be eliminated if they lose Sunday. The Presidents' Trophy was awarded to the NHL's top team in points starting in 1986. Since then, only the 1992-93 New York Rangers failed to make the playoffs the year after claiming the trophy. The Sabres are on the verge of matching that dubious distinction.

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/310736.html

hydro
03-29-2008, 07:16 PM
:cynic: Not something to be proud off...

YardRat
03-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Oh goody. Another feather to add to the cap of Buffalo professional sports.

Thank you Tom, Darcy, and everybody else in the FO.

Michael82
03-30-2008, 12:43 AM
:rofl: I hope Larry and Tom enjoy that consolation prize. :ill:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-30-2008, 01:06 AM
yeah, but guess what happened the next yr. in 1994. Yes you guessed it the Rangers won the President's Trophy again that year and the Stanley Cup with Messier and Company over the Vancouver Canucks in 7 games. I remember it like it was yesterday ESPN Gary Thorne and Bill Clement were on National Hockey Night and it was called "reverse the curse" because the Rangers hadn't won the cup in 54 years.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-30-2008, 07:11 AM
I can't wait to hear Darcy explain how it is hard to compete year to year in this new salary cap age of the NHL.

Mitchy moo
03-30-2008, 11:23 AM
yeah, but guess what happened the next yr. in 1994. Yes you guessed it the Rangers won the President's Trophy again that year and the Stanley Cup with Messier and Company over the Vancouver Canucks in 7 games. I remember it like it was yesterday ESPN Gary Thorne and Bill Clement were on National Hockey Night and it was called "reverse the curse" because the Rangers hadn't won the cup in 54 years.
Do you remember who the rags played the first game after their SC win?

JD
03-31-2008, 10:53 AM
Thats the thing, we don't have a ****ing leader!!!!

So don't hold your breath on this one folks.