PDA

View Full Version : Boston / Philly won today.........

Mitchy moo
03-29-2008, 08:56 PM
It's going to take a miracle for us to catch them.

MikeInRoch
03-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Even if we hadn't blown a few of these games recently, I still think we weren't gonna be able to catch them, given how they have played recently.

LtFinFan66
03-29-2008, 09:06 PM
You guys are screwed

OpIv37
03-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Even if we hadn't blown a few of these games recently, I still think we weren't gonna be able to catch them, given how they have played recently.

but at least if we had one, the fight would have gone down to the wire. Now it's a virtual impossibility. There's simply no excuse for two major choke jobs this late in the season.

MikeInRoch
03-29-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm not saying that it's any kind of excuse. I'm just looking at the reality that they might not ultimately be what costs us the playoffs.

OpIv37
03-29-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm not saying that it's any kind of excuse. I'm just looking at the reality that they might not ultimately be what costs us the playoffs.

Well, it's the immediate cause- the long-term causes are the same poor quality of play over the course of the season and the poor off-season performance by the FO.

So, I semi-agree with you- it just depends how far down the causal chain you want to go.

As a fan, though, the most frustrating thing is that those two games made the last week of the season virtually meaningless. At this point, the best we can hope for is a consolation prize of taking Boston down with us- if we can beat them twice and the Caps make a run, they'll be out, too. But that's hardly a substitute for being there ourselves.

Michael82
03-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Washington won too. :ill:

Mitchy moo
03-30-2008, 07:05 AM

The bar looks to be about mid 90 points to make the playoffs, which was unattainable for the Sabres a few games back.