PDA

View Full Version : Another trade option.

Mitchell55
03-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Ryan Clandy is on some boards as a top 10 pick and in a way a top 5(KC). If KC takes anyone else, Clandy will drop right to us. 2 places from us would be Carolina who would take him. Maybe Chicago would try to trade up with us and take him.

streetkings01
03-30-2008, 11:37 AM
I think we will have alot of options as far as trading down IMO. We have the #11 pick and 1-3 players that are considered top 10 picks will drop out of the top 10 and could very well be valuable trade bait for us.

ParanoidAndroid
03-30-2008, 01:32 PM
I have offered a similar scenario with Philly moving up to get him or Otah for that matter. If KC doesn't take Clady, I could see Baltimore grabbing him as the heir apparent to Ogden who is about to retire. If he makes it past them, he's definately huge trade bait. There are several teams between us and Philly who are going to look at OT as a possibility. Philly could be faced with having all 3 top OT prospects off the board by the time they pick. Clady will be gone, Otah will likely go to the Bears, and Chris Williams seems to be a popular option for the Texans one pick above them unless Mendenhall is still available. Even Denver could look Clady's way unless Ellis or dorsey fall.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2376815&postcount=1

colin
03-30-2008, 04:04 PM
the only way we take an Olineman (or DT/DE for that matter) is if they are rated by our guys as much much higher than where we would draft them.

our needs for TE, CB, and WR will put us in favor of one of those in every pick (till we get them).

not saying it won't happen, but if we take an OL in the first round it will be a guy we had rated as a top 5 player or so and we'd either move our RT to RG, or put the pick right at RG.

if we get linemen, they will be very highly rated guys.

ParanoidAndroid
03-30-2008, 04:08 PM
the only way we take an Olineman (or DT/DE for that matter) is if they are rated by our guys as much much higher than where we would draft them.

our needs for TE, CB, and WR will put us in favor of one of those in every pick (till we get them).

not saying it won't happen, but if we take an OL in the first round it will be a guy we had rated as a top 5 player or so and we'd either move our RT to RG, or put the pick right at RG.

if we get linemen, they will be very highly rated guys.

Huh? This is about another team trading up to get a franchise LT, not us picking one.

colin
03-30-2008, 04:21 PM
yeah, i intended to type that if a top lineman falls to us we would almost certainly pick him or trade the pick (as someone will want him bad).

if a team trades up to take a solid lineman and one falls to us, then there will be a fire sale on picks for us

PECKERWOOD
03-30-2008, 04:29 PM
yeah, i intended to type that if a top lineman falls to us we would almost certainly pick him or trade the pick (as someone will want him bad).

if a team trades up to take a solid lineman and one falls to us, then there will be a fire sale on picks for us

That isn't a bad though at all. It may be hard for the Bills to pass on a guy like Clady if he is available and I always love the idea of adding talent to the trenches, makes watching beast mode that much more beastly.

Mitchell55
03-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Buffalo Fever. Why did you thank 2 people with completley different opinions? Whos side are you on?