PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports All Sleeper Team

DraftBoy
03-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Personally I could find a different sleeper at a bunch of these posistions and they only use 5 lower division prospects;

QB-Kyle Wright-Miami
RB-Jalen Parmele-Toledo
FB-Carl Stewart-Auburn (not really a sleeper here)
WR-Kevin Robinson-Utah State (not really a sleeper)
WR-Robert Jordan-Cal
TE Drew Atchison-William and Mary
LT-Chris Clark-Southern Miss
LG-Brandon Barnes-Grand Valley State
OC-Eric Scott-Kentucky (not a sleeper)
RG-Mike Gibson-Cal
RT-David Hale-Weber State

DE-Trevor Scott-Buffalo (Likely 3-4 LB in NFL)
DT-Lorenzo Williams-Missouri
DT-Teraz McCary-Miami
DE-Xavier Mitchell-Tennessee
OLB-Durrell Mapp-North Carolina
MLB-Chris Graham-Michigan
OLB-Mike Humpal-Iowa
CB-Davanzo Tate-Akron
CB-Brandon Carr-Grand Valley State
FS-Tony LeZotte-James Madison
SS-Dowayne Davis-Syracuse

Offense Article: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7961858/NFL-Draft:-All-Sleeper-offensive-team

Defense Article: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7967630/NFL-Draft:-All-Sleeper-defensive-team

YardRat
03-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Nice to see a kid from Buffalo mentioned.

DraftBoy
03-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Nice to see a kid from Buffalo mentioned.

Would of liked to see them mention OC Jamey Richard as the OC prospect or even Brenna Carvalho out of Portland State

YardRat
03-30-2008, 05:11 PM
Would of liked to see them mention OC Jamey Richard as the OC prospect or even Brenna Carvalho out of Portland State

Richard is getting pretty good press and generally considered one of the top 4-6 in the country, anyway, so I really wouldn't consider him a 'sleeper'.

DraftBoy
03-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Richard is getting pretty good press and generally considered one of the top 4-6 in the country, anyway, so I really wouldn't consider him a 'sleeper'.

Considering on average only 3 centers go on draft, he's a pretty decent sleeper. But I definetely think that Carvalho was way over looked.

coastal
03-30-2008, 07:03 PM
Mike Gibson is going to be one of thos oft-never-heard-about offensive linemen in this league that is going to do a great job.

cookie G
03-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Doug Legursky C Marshall

cookie G
03-30-2008, 10:25 PM

In pure measurables, at least, Scott actually matches up well with Quentin Groves...

definitely worth a shot in the 5th to 7th

Groves Scott

Height 6'3" 6'5"
Weight 259 256
40 - 4.53 4.54
SS - 4.41 4.19
3 cone - 7.31 6.89
vertical - 35 33 1/2
Bench
reps - 30 32

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 06:01 AM
Yep and thats why Scott will likely be making the move to 3-4 OLB like Groves.

BlackMetalNinja
03-31-2008, 08:13 AM
Somebody let me know when Kyle Wright wakes up from sleeping? The only reason I'm going to miss him is because that means we're left with Kirby Freeman :ill:

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 08:18 AM
Somebody let me know when Kyle Wright wakes up from sleeping? The only reason I'm going to miss him is because that means we're left with Kirby Freeman :ill:

Maybe Freshman Jacory Harris beats him out, or at least in a year or two he'll be the guy. He comes from tha U's minor league HS Miami Northwestern.

BlackMetalNinja
03-31-2008, 08:21 AM
Maybe Freshman Jacory Harris beats him out, or at least in a year or two he'll be the guy. He comes from tha U's minor league HS Miami Northwestern.

I have a feeling he won't start initially, for some reason they like Freeman down there :idunno: I think we're going to have another rough year and then things should start to turn back around some. I think they finally play at NC State this year too, so I'll actually get to see them in person for the first time. I missed them at UNC last year because I had to go to Pittsburgh that weekend (not that it was a game I'd cared to have witnessed in person anyways).

Pinkerton Security
03-31-2008, 10:34 AM
Dude this is nuts. I played against Scott in HS, hes from a tiny town up North, like me, and his HS was our biggest rival. We had a great year, losing in the state semis. Anyways, he is a good athlete, and is apparently jacked. However, he did squat in HS, apparently found his groove in college though.

Nice to see small-town guys get drafted, Brian Leonard from Rutgers is another guy i played against. Maybe i should sign up for the combine next year...:dance:

cookie G
03-31-2008, 11:34 PM
Yep and thats why Scott will likely be making the move to 3-4 OLB like Groves.

Probably, especially with more and more teams goign to a 3-4, he'll find a home somewhere. I still think he could create matchup problems with a RT from a 4-3 end position.