PDA

View Full Version : Tat2dmikes dumb poll question



tat2dmike77
03-30-2008, 07:58 PM
So i was sitting here on my lazy ass watching TV and a anti drug commercial came on. The usual crap ofcourse about how if you even smell weed you will become a rabid terrorist and be fat and living at home when your 40. So i thought i would ask some of you if these commercials even have an impact or are just a waste of time.

Discuss

hydro
03-30-2008, 08:01 PM
It's a waste of money IMO...

LtFinFan66
03-30-2008, 08:04 PM
I have never done an illegal drug in my life so I really don't pay attention

Cntrygal
03-30-2008, 08:05 PM
I think that 99% of the commercials are a waste of time. The other 1% are good for runs to the kitchen & bathroom.

tat2dmike77
03-30-2008, 08:06 PM
It's a waste of money IMO...

I do agree with you Hydro. My favorite ones were after 9-11 when they tried to say that marijuana supports terrorism. Even though we all know the best weed come from my basement from hydroponics :smoke:

tat2dmike77
03-30-2008, 08:07 PM
I think that 99% of the commercials are a waste of time. The other 1% are good for runs to the kitchen & bathroom.

I think that number may be closer to 99.9%

YardRat
03-30-2008, 08:08 PM
What the hell does 'anit' mean?

tat2dmike77
03-30-2008, 08:10 PM
What the hell does 'anit' mean?

I guess the spelling police are going to take me to jail

YardRat
03-30-2008, 08:12 PM
I guess the spelling police are going to take me to jail

I'm not being a smart-ass...Is it supposed to be 'any'?

YardRat
03-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Nevermind...it's 'anti'. I've got it now :D

tat2dmike77
03-30-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm not being a smart-ass...Is it supposed to be 'any'?

No i know i'm just a jackass if the spelling police come i hope they stay out of my basement.

shelby
03-30-2008, 08:30 PM
:rofl:

OpIv37
03-30-2008, 10:26 PM
most of the stuff they tell you in anti-drug education and anti-drug ads is complete and utter bull****.

That's why these things are ignored.

I think if they were honest with people and let them know what was really going on, they'd have a much better chance of being effective.

njsue
03-30-2008, 10:56 PM
I am all for a strong logical message to get into the minds of today's youth.

madness
03-30-2008, 11:12 PM
I haven't got a clue. I don't think I've willingly watched a commercial in about 3 years... except during the SB.

Night Train
03-31-2008, 12:48 PM
I'll give my answer after I finish my 9th taco.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 02:34 PM
In focus groups these commercials actually work quite well granted the people are forced to watch and pay attention to them there too. So its a tough question to answer.

LtBillsFan66
03-31-2008, 02:51 PM
I think they encourage drug use.

Mr. Miyagi
03-31-2008, 03:07 PM
Keep in mind most of those commercials are aimed at young people, probably preteens. They are much more easily influenced by TV and other sources. By the time people are in their late teens and beyond we usually make these choices on our own. That's why we view these commercials as useless.

tat2dmike77
03-31-2008, 04:11 PM
Keep in mind most of those commercials are aimed at young people, probably preteens. They are much more easily influenced by TV and other sources. By the time people are in their late teens and beyond we usually make these choices on our own. That's why we view these commercials as useless.

While that may be true. Why doesn't the parent talk to thier kids about drugs. Yes i smoke pot and when the time comes i will tell my kids that yes i smoke pot alot of pot. But i will also tell them drugs didn't do anything for me. They didn't make me rich they didn't make my problems go away, they didn't give me better looks or even make me smarter.

But hey nowadays most parents expect the TV and internet to raise thier kids for them.

mybills
03-31-2008, 06:58 PM
Keep in mind most of those commercials are aimed at young people, probably preteens. They are much more easily influenced by TV and other sources. By the time people are in their late teens and beyond we usually make these choices on our own. That's why we view these commercials as useless.
Precisely! I've told a few people that I wish they had no smoking ads when I was younger. No matter how much my parents told me it was bad, it didn't matter because parents are supposed to say stuff like that, but when the tv back ups what parents say, it's different. Instead, I saw all movies stars glamorizing cigarettes, and they were on billboards, tv, magazines, everything, everywhere, all the time.

OpIv37
03-31-2008, 10:24 PM
ha- is anyone watching south park tonight? Mr. Mackey (mmmmkay) is trying to teach the kids about avoiding drugs but instead tells them they can get high by inhaling cat piss. So Kenny becomes an addict, the town bans cats, and Cartman starts hording cats in the attic to save them.

Great stuff and relevant to this discussion.

hydro
04-01-2008, 08:29 AM
You cheesing Op?