PDA

View Full Version : This team can't even win right

OpIv37
03-30-2008, 09:20 PM
even in a victory we gave up a point to one of the teams we're trying to chase. WTF? Can't we ever just show up and outplay an opponent? Apparently not.

Michael82
03-30-2008, 09:38 PM
I blame Max! :mad:

Mitchy moo
03-30-2008, 09:40 PM

Too many 77777 in your rep.

chubluv
03-30-2008, 10:01 PM

Why do you blame him?

I blame Lydman. He has been a softie in front of the net all year long. Thats part of Millers problem. He has no chance to fight through screen shots and the d in front of him dont clear the front of the net.

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Why do you blame him?

I blame Lydman. He has been a softie in front of the net all year long. Thats part of Millers problem. He has no chance to fight through screen shots and the d in front of him dont clear the front of the net.

Max made the pass that resulted in the two on one.

Whomever was on defense made a nice play. Miller should have stopped the shot and the other point man should not have been pinching in at the time.

It was a collaborative effort, but Max started it. Lindy was clearly not happy as Max only played about 10 more minutes (more than only Kaleta) and commented on it during his post game press conference.

Michael82
03-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Max made the pass that resulted in the two on one.

Whomever was on defense made a nice play. Miller should have stopped the shot and the other point man should not have been pinching in at the time.

It was a collaborative effort, but Max started it. Lindy was clearly not happy as Max only played about 10 more minutes (more than only Kaleta) and commented on it during his post game press conference.
actually Max played even less. Lindy was soo pissed that Max finished the game with only 07:36 on the ice.

RockStar36
03-30-2008, 10:29 PM
WOW.

This thread is so pathetic.

OpIv37
03-31-2008, 04:52 PM
WOW.

This thread is so pathetic.

how so?

In November or maybe even February, you'd be right. But it's late March- in fact, it will be April in a few hours.

Through piss-poor play over the course of the entire season, this team created a situation for themselves where they have to be perfect just to have an outside shot at the playoffs. Giving up a point to a team they're battling for the last playoff spot is far less than perfect.

What's pathetic is that the team put themselves in a position where perfection is the only thing that will get the job done.

RockStar36
03-31-2008, 05:10 PM
Oh well, live with it. Quit being such a friggin cry baby. The act is getting tiresome.

Philagape
03-31-2008, 05:21 PM
The team is a disgrace, but it's the FANS who are the problem? ..... :sigh:

Dr. Lecter
03-31-2008, 06:02 PM
If you actually look at the numbers, the team has not been bad at all since January and is not a disgrace (Calling them a disgrace is great hyperbole), but I know some really don't care so I am hesitant to even mention it.

Philagape
03-31-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm counting the entire organization.

Two straight ECFs to "not bad at all since January" is a disgrace.

OpIv37
03-31-2008, 07:28 PM
Oh well, live with it. Quit being such a friggin cry baby. The act is getting tiresome.

what the hell are you talking about?

I get pissed off when the team plays poorly. The team played poorly as recently as.... yesterday. And that's what gets tiresome. This is a board to discuss the team- the team is playing poorly- but you think someone is being a "cry baby" for discussing it. Think about that for a second.

You can't counter my points about the team, so instead you call me names and attack my posting style. I've seen this before in the BZ. I keep trying to bring it back to hockey, and you keep trying to make it about me and my so called "negativity" (which is actually realism because the team's results are so negative).

OpIv37
03-31-2008, 07:33 PM
If you actually look at the numbers, the team has not been bad at all since January and is not a disgrace (Calling them a disgrace is great hyperbole), but I know some really don't care so I am hesitant to even mention it.

really? the 3 3rd period leads we blew aren't disgraceful? The losing streak at the start of March to negate February's winning streak isn't disgraceful? Leading the league in goals (briefly) but still being out of the playoffs isn't disgraceful? Dropping from the conference finals to out of the playoffs in just one season isn't disgraceful? This isnt disgraceful:

The Sabres’ power play has been struggling lately (5 for 45 in the last nine games), but the Krejci goal actually put the unit in the hole. The Sabres, with the man-advantage, had given up two goals and scored just one during the past four games. ?

Seems to me that words like disgraceful, pathetic, lackluster and disgusting are completely appropriate.

Michael82
04-01-2008, 12:38 AM
really? the 3 3rd period leads we blew aren't disgraceful? The losing streak at the start of March to negate February's winning streak isn't disgraceful? Leading the league in goals (briefly) but still being out of the playoffs isn't disgraceful? Dropping from the conference finals to out of the playoffs in just one season isn't disgraceful? This isnt disgraceful:

?

Seems to me that words like disgraceful, pathetic, lackluster and disgusting are completely appropriate.
:bf1:

RockStar36
04-01-2008, 07:27 AM
what the hell are you talking about?

I get pissed off when the team plays poorly. The team played poorly as recently as.... yesterday. And that's what gets tiresome. This is a board to discuss the team- the team is playing poorly- but you think someone is being a "cry baby" for discussing it. Think about that for a second.

You can't counter my points about the team, so instead you call me names and attack my posting style. I've seen this before in the BZ. I keep trying to bring it back to hockey, and you keep trying to make it about me and my so called "negativity" (which is actually realism because the team's results are so negative).

What points would you like me to counter?

We knew they would struggle this year. That was obvious. The team lacks leadership. That is obvious.

Today in sports, teams have off years. That is obvious. They were a top team for two straight years. Ok, so they aren't this year. You build on it and get ready for next year. You don't fire everybody and bring in all new people. That would be looking at another 2 or 3 years of this kind of hockey.

And it's not realism, or attacking your style. You just ***** about everything. I've never seen you post something happy. Ever. I'm pretty confident you wake up in the morning and the ***** fest begins. Unless it's just a message board personality.

Discussing the team and trashing the team are two different things. You don't discuss the Sabres. You hop on the boards to just trash every piece of the organization. Then when they start doing well....you are nowhere to be found. Funny how that works.

Philagape
04-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Today in sports, teams have off years.

To say a team is having an "off year" suggests it's basically the same team as before. It's not. It's different in an extremely significant way, and it's that difference that has resulted in a much worse season. And that difference is because of the inexcusable inaction of the front office. The specifics of what was done wrong have been covered here many times.
What happened here is not a normal cyclical decline. It was a premature, unnecessary dismantling. The Sabres are only the third team in the expansion era to go from the best record (not that I care much about that) to missing the playoffs. There is nothing normal about a collapse of that magnitude. It took a drastic change that came about because of this front office.
There is no amount of outrage that is enough for them. They literally did the opposite of their jobs. Any sports team exists for one reason: to win. In a passionate NHL city, whether a team wins or not has a profound psychological and economic impact. Therefore every blunder is magnified, and this one will always deserve more shame and indignation than it gets.
This isn't the Bills of the mid 90s. This isn't a team that ran its course and got old or too expensive. This is a team that blew itself apart just as it was coming into its prime. Two years wasn't nearly enough; it deserved and could have had more tries. When you're that close to the ultimate goal -- the only goal -- you do whatever it takes to stay there.
But they were undone by their own pigheaded, timid, Keystone Cops idiocy. Larry Quinn is an enemy of this franchise, more than any opponent, and can never be despised enough. Golisano hired the man and signs the checks, so he's responsible too. And until it's shown that Darcy wanted to do the right thing and was overruled, his name is on this fiasco, too.
If you're more bothered by the fans' reaction to the catastrophe than the catastrophe itself, then you need to stay out of threads like this -- the title gave a pretty obvious clue as to what tone it would take -- and just keep waving your pom-poms in your own little corner. I don't begrudge cheerleaders and won't tell them what to feel, AS LONG AS THEY DO THE SAME.
This is a free, open forum. If you don't like some posters' attitudes, then :moon:
Debate it, ignore it or leave; but complaining about it just makes you as much a whiny crybaby as us. Except what we're crying about deserves it more.

Michael82
04-01-2008, 08:47 AM
To say a team is having an "off year" suggests it's basically the same team as before. It's not. It's different in an extremely significant way, and it's that difference that has resulted in a much worse season. And that difference is because of the inexcusable inaction of the front office. The specifics of what was done wrong have been covered here many times.
What happened here is not a normal cyclical decline. It was a premature, unnecessary dismantling. The Sabres are only the third team in the expansion era to go from the best record (not that I care much about that) to missing the playoffs. There is nothing normal about a collapse of that magnitude. It took a drastic change that came about because of this front office.
There is no amount of outrage that is enough for them. They literally did the opposite of their jobs. Any sports team exists for one reason: to win. In a passionate NHL city, whether a team wins or not has a profound psychological and economic impact. Therefore every blunder is magnified, and this one will always deserve more shame and indignation than it gets.
This isn't the Bills of the mid 90s. This isn't a team that ran its course and got old or too expensive. This is a team that blew itself apart just as it was coming into its prime. Two years wasn't nearly enough; it deserved and could have had more tries. When you're that close to the ultimate goal -- the only goal -- you do whatever it takes to stay there.
But they were undone by their own pigheaded, timid, Keystone Cops idiocy. Larry Quinn is an enemy of this franchise, more than any opponent, and can never be despised enough. Golisano hired the man and signs the checks, so he's responsible too. And until it's shown that Darcy wanted to do the right thing and was overruled, his name is on this fiasco, too.
If you're more bothered by the fans' reaction to the catastrophe than the catastrophe itself, then you need to stay out of threads like this -- the title gave a pretty obvious clue as to what tone it would take -- and just keep waving your pom-poms in your own little corner. I don't begrudge cheerleaders and won't tell them what to feel, AS LONG AS THEY DO THE SAME.
This is a free, open forum. If you don't like some posters' attitudes, then :moon:
Debate it, ignore it or leave; but complaining about it just makes you as much a whiny crybaby as us. Except what we're crying about deserves it more.
Excellent post, Philagape!!! :bf1:

RockStar36
04-01-2008, 08:57 AM

Ok.

I can't leave threads like these alone because I'm a moderator and I have to read just about everything on the board.

I don't like the FO moves either. I get frustrated because it's beating a dead horse. For almost one year straight it's been a constant ***** fest about the FO and it's an old tired argument.

I'm not saying people have to constantly be positive all the time about the Sabres but being negative all the time drives people away.

You don't like the FO moves, fine. We don't need 10+ threads about it every week.

That is my point.

Philagape
04-01-2008, 09:03 AM
The Sabres are missing the playoffs NOW. Therefore the horse is still alive.

RockStar36
04-01-2008, 09:10 AM
It's just repeating the same things over and over.

I want to improve the overall content of the Sabres section here but it's hard when everyone has to dig through a million threads *****ing about the FO.

I just wish there was something else we could talk about right now. Like...the game tonight.

Michael82
04-01-2008, 09:46 AM
It's just repeating the same things over and over.

I want to improve the overall content of the Sabres section here but it's hard when everyone has to dig through a million threads *****ing about the FO.

I just wish there was something else we could talk about right now. Like...the game tonight.
Have you gone on other Sabres boards? Fans are pissed, the team was one of the best in the league last year and now they aren't going to make the playoffs. What do we have to be excited about? I'm sorry, but the complaining, whining, *****ing about the team is justified, I agree with others...if you don't like our negativity, stay out of the threads or else ignore it. :up:

RockStar36
04-01-2008, 09:47 AM
I'll remember that when you put on your homer hat in the Bills forum. I mean, they haven't made the playoffs for almost a DECADE.

RockStar36
04-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Have you gone on other Sabres boards? Fans are pissed, the team was one of the best in the league last year and now they aren't going to make the playoffs. What do we have to be excited about? I'm sorry, but the complaining, whining, *****ing about the team is justified, I agree with others...if you don't like our negativity, stay out of the threads or else ignore it. :up:

I'm gonna add to this since now I'm irritated.

I never said that *****ing about the FO was wrong. I said repeating it 8,569 times in a season gets a little old.

But hey, it's cool. The Sabres Zone will just become nothing because nobody will want to visit anymore.

And I'll take your advice. Moderate it yourself.

Michael82
04-01-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm gonna add to this since now I'm irritated.

I never said that *****ing about the FO was wrong. I said repeating it 8,569 times in a season gets a little old.

But hey, it's cool. The Sabres Zone will just become nothing because nobody will want to visit anymore.

And I'll take your advice. Moderate it yourself.
It will not become nothing. Look I understand that you don't like to see all the *****ing and complaining all the time, but we expected a lot more from this team and to not even make the playoffs this year is ****ing pathetic! We are angry, because we saw a team that was one of the best ones for the past few years and we saw it gutted! Now that it's official, more people are outraged. Instead of doing the *****ing about us *****ing, why don't you start your own threads with non *****ing? Talk about the good and don't bait the *****ers..... Eventually people will go back to talking about Buffalo Sabres hockey, but for now, the *****ing is deserved!

Dr. Lecter
04-01-2008, 10:45 AM

So we can't ruin "your" threads that are negative by being positive, but you can come in and ruin "our" postivie threads with negativity?

If we take that approach, it is a two way street.

Michael82
04-01-2008, 10:48 AM
So we can't ruin "your" threads that are negative by being positive, but you can come in and ruin "our" postivie threads with negativity?

If we take that approach, it is a two way street.
no, i'm saying that both sides should learn to get along. Neither should criticize the other side for being too rose colored or too negative and neither side should bash or hate the other side.