PDA

View Full Version : Open Thread: Debate #3-The Final Debate

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 07:37 AM
Comments/Questions/Concerns/Suggestions from non-candidates are allowed in this thread.

Good Luck to both candidates!

Devin
03-31-2008, 07:38 AM
:bf1:

hydro
03-31-2008, 07:55 AM
I was surprised the first question brought up the digg.com comment system that gets a lot of scrutiny by digg users. Nobody on that site likes the comment system at all.

BlackMetalNinja
03-31-2008, 08:03 AM
Yeah, I'm especially surprised since it really isn't all that different from what we've used here... in terms of thanks/groans, and we already know that argument has raged on around here.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 08:11 AM
I think the biggest issue with thanks/groans and pos/neg rep is that there are people who abuse it. Its not as small a percentage as some think too. If people can't be mature about a toy, then the staff has to take it away. Now with that being said since we have done so, maybe those that had caused the problems in the past have now grown up and we could reinstate it. But Im not totally convinced in either direction.

jamze132
03-31-2008, 08:12 AM
Go Sabres...

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 08:16 AM
MBB's answer to #5 is very good! :up:

Mski
03-31-2008, 09:26 AM
I was surprised the first question brought up the digg.com comment system that gets a lot of scrutiny by digg users. Nobody on that site likes the comment system at all.

i think thier system for diggs and comment replies is sloppy, and makes the threads difficult to read without getting off on tangents

BlackMetalNinja
03-31-2008, 09:33 AM
I think we can all agree that if we do this again next year, better planning is required. Shelby has done an awesome job considering, but I think much of the headache and in-fighting that occured this time could be alleviated for the next go round.

jamze132
03-31-2008, 09:38 AM
MBB's answer to #5 is very good! :up:
I agree!

jamze132
03-31-2008, 09:39 AM
So who wants to be my running mate next year? I don't really care to be the Prez, but Vice prez would fit my well...

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 09:40 AM
I think we can all agree that if we do this again next year, better planning is required. Shelby has done an awesome job considering, but I think much of the headache and in-fighting that occured this time could be alleviated for the next go round.

Complete agreement! :bf1:

Mski
03-31-2008, 09:46 AM
i applaud MBB and Playa for thier answers to my question, and intetresting to see that they both interpreted it differently, while i believe Playa got the idea i was trying to imply i like the idea from MBB about a zoner rewards program too:up:

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 09:48 AM
I like both answers to #5 now

LtFinFan66
03-31-2008, 09:55 AM
Indeed

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 10:06 AM
Both candidates have finished their answers and Playa has begun his rebuttals.

BlackMetalNinja
03-31-2008, 10:19 AM
At this point it seems many of the ideas between the two are quite similar... I think it comes down to who the people have more confidence in having the ability to put the plans into action.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 10:23 AM
At this point it seems many of the ideas between the two are quite similar... I think it comes down to who the people have more confidence in having the ability to put the plans into action.

I think a lot of it will come down to their rebuttals and the responses. Playa has layed out a clear agenda with his responses how will Bedard respond to those and how will he rebut Playa's answers?

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 10:26 AM
I don't like Bedard's first response though, Playa's rebuttal asked him for specifics and he doesn't give any. I don't think he's avoiding the question but he's not answering it either.

Mitchy moo
The VP candidate leaves only one option to vote for in my mind. NBF is a great person and has brought only good things to Billszone, Playa for President!

shelby
i can't vote, but i want to take a minute to thank both Bedard and Playa for the outstanding job they've done throughout this election campaign. They both have some very good ideas, and i feel confident that either of them could be a very successful Zone President. i'm looking forward to working with whoever is elected to improve the Zone.

i agree, next year the process needs to be tweaked. i was kind of making :curse: up as i went along. :D

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 11:11 AM
All of Bedard's responses are in and he has yet to rebut the Playa answers.

I think Bedard's best response was it last because it finally gave some specifics, the rest of them really didnt answer the rebuttals at all.

RockStar36
03-31-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm glad Sabres Zone was brought up. It's a shame that thing is on lockdown. It looks terrible. Oh well.

chernobylwraiths
03-31-2008, 11:47 AM
I don't like Bedard's first response though, Playa's rebuttal asked him for specifics and he doesn't give any. I don't think he's avoiding the question but he's not answering it either.

The first question seemed to go into an area that is quite beyond me seeming to talk about implimentation of system software and such. Those are the jobs of the admins and the owners of the site. Playa even answered it with, well I had Devin check it out... well duh, Devin is an admin of the site, of course he was probably already checking it out and probably knew all about it. I thought the question itself was too technical and only techinical people would be qualified to answer it.

Gunzlingr
03-31-2008, 11:53 AM
The VP candidate leaves only one option to vote for in my mind. NBF is a great person and has brought only good things to Billszone, Playa for President!

If skooby is down with Playa, conventional wisdom says do the opposite.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 12:00 PM
The first question seemed to go into an area that is quite beyond me seeming to talk about implimentation of system software and such. Those are the jobs of the admins and the owners of the site. Playa even answered it with, well I had Devin check it out... well duh, Devin is an admin of the site, of course he was probably already checking it out and probably knew all about it. I thought the question itself was too technical and only techinical people would be qualified to answer it.

Not knowing the question askers intent I thought that the questioned was designed to see if either candidate had begun to look at how do we improve the zone not just through new gadgets and gimmicks but rather technically speaking. I know that both campaigns have two of the main guys into the upcoming upgrade (Devin and Dude) and I know that Playa asked Devin specifically about what we as a site were already looking at this way, knowing that his other site had recently upgraded. I do not know if Bedard asked the same question of his staff or not, obviously since I am not on staff. I agree while the question may be a little techie, I dont know that it was intended to talk just about the technical aspect. At least that was my interpretation.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 01:28 PM
All Questions/Rebuttals/Responses are done, anybody have any comments?

RockStar36
03-31-2008, 01:35 PM
Not really

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 01:36 PM
Fair enough, I really already made mine

This may be a slow day in the election forum.

The King
03-31-2008, 01:36 PM
Ill say this, I think Playas great leader stuff is a bit much. I have years of management training. The first step of being a good leader is not having to announce your a leader.

Calling me an entertainer and all is cute, but rest assured this entertainer is going to give him a run for his money.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 01:39 PM
Ill say this, I think Playas great leader stuff is a bit much. I have years of management training. The first step of being a good leader is not having to announce your a leader.

Calling me an entertainer and all is cute, but rest assured this entertainer is going to give him a run for his money.

Id say you'd give him a better run if you had answered his questions about specifics, of the 4 that asked for it, in only one did you actually mention any kind of specific ideas rather then generalization. I mean the whole time we've been rallying on the fact that you don't have any of those specifics and you have the perfect opportunity to put that fact to rest in this debate and just didn't do so for whatever reason. I was completely befuddled by your responses to his rebuttals for the most part.

RockStar36
03-31-2008, 01:40 PM
I personally think Playa is being told exactly what to say through PM's. Just my opinion of course.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 01:41 PM
I personally think Playa is being told exactly what to say through PM's. Just my opinion of course.

And you would be completely wrong in that regard

RockStar36
03-31-2008, 01:41 PM
And all this stuff about upgrades and layouts is real cute but the real issue should be the betterment of the board. We can make it look pretty but if the same things are going on inside the forums it isn't going to be any better. I'm tired of visiting BILLS zone and going to the Twilight Zone first. A new layout or upgrade isn't going to change that.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 01:45 PM
And all this stuff about upgrades and layouts is real cute but the real issue should be the betterment of the board. We can make it look pretty but if the same things are going on inside the forums it isn't going to be any better. I'm tired of visiting BILLS zone and going to the Twilight Zone first. A new layout or upgrade isn't going to change that.

While I agree with your general sentiment about that, upgrades and new features are going to help better the board too. That's also your decision to go to the TZ first. I always go the BZ first, Scouting Zone second, then the mod and private boards.

RockStar36
03-31-2008, 01:46 PM
I try to go to the main boards but something has to be done to make the content better. I'm doing my best on the Sabres board but it's a losing battle at this point. I just think all the pretty changes should be put on hold until the main problem is fixed.

If my car isn't running very well I don't think I'm gonna go get a new paint job on it first.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 01:52 PM
I try to go to the main boards but something has to be done to make the content better. I'm doing my best on the Sabres board but it's a losing battle at this point. I just think all the pretty changes should be put on hold until the main problem is fixed.

If my car isn't running very well I don't think I'm gonna go get a new paint job on it first.

I think that your talking apples to oranges here. The BZ is still churning out the best content on the net. Does it need some fine tuning? Yes but thats not like a broken car, its more like one that needs an oil change (to use your analogy). I mean we have guys like LTBF who produces original stuff when he posts, Ingtar is a true insider and dozens of others who are some of the smartest on the net you can find based on Football IQ, Draft stuff, Free Agency, and Cap. I'm not quite sure what you or are not suggesting we do in the BZ, but I dont think major changes are needed.

RockStar36
03-31-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm gonna stay with the car analogy.

If you agree that the BZ need an oil change or tune up, what good would a new spoiler do for it?

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm gonna stay with the car analogy.

If you agree that the BZ need an oil change or tune up, what good would a new spoiler do for it?

Like I said its apples and oranges here. Why cant you do both?

Also what has your candidate specifically proposed that going to improve the BZ as you or he sees fit?

LtBillsFan66
03-31-2008, 01:55 PM

Playa hadn't been specific on anything. All fluff, no substance.

BlackMetalNinja
03-31-2008, 01:56 PM
So while we're wondering about specifics, how come Playa didn't know what Bedard was talking about when he mentioned a "starter" forum??? Did he forget to read the actual question and what was proposed by it?

The King
03-31-2008, 01:56 PM
Draftboy can talk a face off Mt. Rushmore you're wasting your time Rockstar.

RockStar36
03-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I knew there was a reason I stayed out of this forum today.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 02:00 PM
So while we're wondering about specifics, how come Playa didn't know what Bedard was talking about when he mentioned a "starter" forum??? Did he forget to read the actual question and what was proposed by it?

No but you may have, please bold the part of the Q that says "starter forum"

2. The "best" forum on the internet is arguably the Sons of Sam Horn message board (of the Boston Red Sox). "Best" in quotation marks because it is also perhaps the most stringent in terms of its rules and the enforcement thereof. One of the unique features of the board is that posters must prove themselves worthy of being able to post on the main SOSH board, either by a consistent stream of insightful analysis/commentary in the Sandbox forum (thereby meriting promotion to the big leagues), or one of a number of other ways including adding to the SOSH wiki. What do you think of this idea, given the strife that has occurred on this and other message boards by posters who detract from the discussion with inane/repetitive comments or are overt flamers/spammers? What do you think is the right balance of moderation in order to keep the board enjoyable, yet diverse?

P.S. I am not a fan of the Boston Red Sox nor do I post on SOSH.
~ajsdx

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 02:01 PM
Draftboy can talk a face off Mt. Rushmore you're wasting your time Rockstar.

Woah there! Dont get all hippity hoppity mad because your staff member and I are actually have a decent adult conversation and you got go and try butt into it. Why dont you let us continue and if you have anything relevant to say, feel free to add it. If you want to talk about your specific ideas for improving the BZ that is obviously a big concern for one of your own staff members.

RockStar36
03-31-2008, 02:01 PM
I believe Bedard mentioned a "starter" forum because that question basically hints at it. But again, I'm not Bedard or BMN so I'm not sure on this.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 02:02 PM
Yeah, I knew there was a reason I stayed out of this forum today.

Ohh dont let MBB be a kill joy we were actually having a good discussion with neither of us attacking or spinning the other persons.

The King
03-31-2008, 02:02 PM
I believe Bedard mentioned a "starter" forum because that question basically hints at it. But again, I'm not Bedard or BMN so I'm not sure on this.

Sandbox=Starter

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 02:03 PM

Well if thats was his intent he needs to frame it better, Playa asked me what he meant and I also had no earthly idea. The context was not there he needed to lay it out better.

The King
03-31-2008, 02:03 PM
If you visited the site it was pretty obvious.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 02:04 PM
Sandbox=Starter

Well that was an obvious disconnect, Im not familiar with that board and either was Playa. You I think said you were.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 02:04 PM
If you visited the site it was pretty obvious.

Visited what site? This is an election about the Billszone not about some Red Sox site.

RockStar36
03-31-2008, 02:07 PM
But the question was in direct regards to that Red Sox site.

Don't you think before answering that question a quick visit to that site would've helped?

LtBillsFan66
03-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Visited what site? This is an election about the Billszone not about some Red Sox site.

The question referred to the red sox site.

They don't call you tailspin for nothing.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 02:11 PM

Don't you think before answering that question a quick visit to that site would've helped?

In my opinion (and thats not speaking for Playa) the question was simply referencing another site that the question poser admits he is not a poster of. Now that being said the question in general was related to moderation and how the SOSH board has a heavy hand in that and can/should we use harder moderation to ensure the quality of our board. A newbie/starter board could be a direction to go, but I dont think it was the sole intent of the question either.

LtBillsFan66
03-31-2008, 02:11 PM

Apparently if your candidate says nothing but fluff, they don't need to visit the site.

RockStar36
03-31-2008, 02:15 PM
Ok, I read the question again.

If you read carefully, it doesn't use the term "starter" but it does user "sandbox". You might not know what that means until you read the whole question where it is explained.

The question also related those things to the BZ. While you didn't have to visit the site, a visit could have proved beneficial considering you just admitted that both you and Playa had no idea what it was talking about.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 02:20 PM
Ok, I read the question again.

If you read carefully, it doesn't use the term "starter" but it does user "sandbox". You might not know what that means until you read the whole question where it is explained.

The question also related those things to the BZ. While you didn't have to visit the site, a visit could have proved beneficial considering you just admitted that both you and Playa had no idea what it was talking about.
EDIT: Stupid MS Paint

Anyways my point remains visiting the site still says nothing about the Sandlot forum being a Starter forum, Im sure if you delve into deep into the forum or become a regular post then maybe it does but the board description reads: An area where new visitors to SoSH can participate in Sox Discussion. "Lurker Friendly"!

RockStar36
03-31-2008, 02:21 PM
Further research probably would've helped.

Gunzlingr
03-31-2008, 02:22 PM
I have never been to that website either, and I knew what it meant. :rolleyes:

Gunzlingr
03-31-2008, 02:22 PM

I'd thank you, but that doesn't seem to be an option right now.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 02:24 PM

:rofl: That's funny

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 02:24 PM
I'd thank you, but that doesn't seem to be an option right now.

Reload the page and it should pop up

BlackMetalNinja
03-31-2008, 02:29 PM
One of the unique features of the board is that posters must prove themselves worthy of being able to post on the main SOSH board, either by a consistent stream of insightful analysis/commentary in the Sandbox forum (thereby meriting promotion to the big leagues)
I can thoroughly understand how you wouldn't see that a "starter" forum was implied here... :rolleyes:

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 02:30 PM
I can thoroughly understand how you wouldn't see that a "starter" forum was implied here... :rolleyes:

Glad you see it my way :up:

Is it possible though to get any kind of a specific from anybody on the MBB team about what they will be doing if MBB is elected to improve the BZ? Is there some new game that will be instituted?

LtBillsFan66
03-31-2008, 02:32 PM

Is it possible though to get any kind of a specific from anybody on the MBB team about what they will be doing if MBB is elected to improve the BZ? Is there some new game that will be instituted?

http://www.earlyaviator.com/archive/images4/flamed.jpg

RockStar36
03-31-2008, 02:32 PM

I would have to discuss with Mike what he wants to do. I know that the BZ isn't the only forum on the board that needs fixed.

Why do you keep throwing specifics out there? It's like a blind argument. I was proving a point and you said it was comparing apples to oranges, which it wasn't, and then all of a sudden you turn into the specifics conversation again. It's almost as if my argument made sense so you quickly change the topic...again.

BlackMetalNinja
03-31-2008, 02:33 PM

Really? Now you're just being elitist like your candidate. Once again, I'm done with you for the day, I don't have the energy to waste on you endless spinning.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 02:38 PM
Really? Now you're just being elitist like your candidate. Once again, I'm done with you for the day, I don't have the energy to waste on you endless spinning.

Spinning of what exactly? You see it your way, I see it my way, Im not trying to convince you of my way. Thats fruitless, my concern is that so far to date Bedard has laid out NO SPECIFIC ideas about how to fix the zone but rather vast generalization that could mean many different things. Im asking for one specific idea on how to fix the BZ. If its a game so be it, but what the hell, I mean does the guy have an idea, does he not? If he's going with generalizations thats fair but at least state it. I mean is my question that difficult to answer?

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 02:40 PM
I would have to discuss with Mike what he wants to do. I know that the BZ isn't the only forum on the board that needs fixed.

Why do you keep throwing specifics out there? It's like a blind argument. I was proving a point and you said it was comparing apples to oranges, which it wasn't, and then all of a sudden you turn into the specifics conversation again. It's almost as if my argument made sense so you quickly change the topic...again.

No doubt and thats fine, get with Mike and get back to me, I really do want to hear his specific ideas.

No you werent proving a point, you were trying to say that we could only do A or B (A being the upgrade, and B being improving the BZ through whatever means) my counter point was that A and B are no exclusive to each other and can be done is unison. To which so far you have had no counter to. I also was curious that since you being MBB staff were talking about the BZ and so far I had no seen any specific ideas from MBB concerning how to fix the BZ content wise if he had any. I thought that since it was a big issue for his staff that he would have ideas on how to fix it. Yet here I sit still awaiting that.

RockStar36
03-31-2008, 02:44 PM
I did NOT say that it was a choice between A or B. I said that when prioritizing the changes, an actual layout (or in this case paint job) should be at the bottom of the list. You deal with one problem at a time and when one problem is fixed, move to the next one.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 02:47 PM
I did NOT say that it was a choice between A or B. I said that when prioritizing the changes, an actual layout (or in this case paint job) should be at the bottom of the list. You deal with one problem at a time and when one problem is fixed, move to the next one.

But that doesnt make any sense given that (and granted my understanding of vbulletin is probably less then yours) that this upgrade will close some serious security holes that we currently have open. Also with giving the zone added features. As far as the layout thing I agree that can go down to the bottom. But addressing the content of the BZ itself will take a lot of time, while an upgrade may only take a day or two with a few days-weeks of more time to work out the bugs. Ideally I think Devin and Dude are handling the upgrade so why cant the mods work at the same time to improve the content in the best way we can through moderation and posting? I guess I dont understand why the two things can't be done at the same time essentially.

RockStar36
03-31-2008, 02:51 PM
But that doesnt make any sense given that (and granted my understanding of vbulletin is probably less then yours) that this upgrade will close some serious security holes that we currently have open. Also with giving the zone added features. As far as the layout thing I agree that can go down to the bottom. But addressing the content of the BZ itself will take a lot of time, while an upgrade may only take a day or two with a few days-weeks of more time to work out the bugs. Ideally I think Devin and Dude are handling the upgrade so why cant the mods work at the same time to improve the content in the best way we can through moderation and posting? I guess I dont understand why the two things can't be done at the same time essentially.

Because we're far to busy arguing about an internet election.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 02:52 PM
Because we're far to busy arguing about an internet election.

That ends in a matter of days, so why cant we do these things at the same time?

Gunzlingr
03-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Ever notice that Playa is never the one to address these issues? :scratch:

Seems like the candidate himself would have some sort of imput by what he meant instead of having a third party tell us what he meant. :idunno:

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 02:56 PM
Ever notice that Playa is never the one to address these issues? :scratch:

Seems like the candidate himself would have some sort of imput by what he meant instead of having a third party tell us what he meant. :idunno:

*yawn*

How many times do we have to go over this? I mean its like everyday you guys make the same points that have been addressed, over and over and over and over again....

The King
03-31-2008, 02:56 PM
Playa has 110 posts since the election started

Gunzlingr
03-31-2008, 02:57 PM
*yawn*

How many times do we have to go over this? I mean its like everyday you guys make the same points that have been addressed, over and over and over and over again....

Maybe if we got answers we wouldn't have to repeatedly bring them up. :idunno: Why didn't you just run for Pres if you wanted to answer all the debates and questions?

LtBillsFan66
03-31-2008, 02:57 PM
Maybe if we got answers we wouldn't have to repeatedly bring them up. :idunno: Why didn't you just run for Pres if you wanted to answer all the debates and questions?

:laughing:

LtBillsFan66
03-31-2008, 02:58 PM

Talk about mailing it in.

LtBillsFan66
03-31-2008, 02:59 PM
*yawn*

Points that have been addressed or sidestepped?

RockStar36
I'm getting a headache repeating myself. An upgrade to the site would've been done regardless of this silly election. I don't even see how that is an issue or why that was brought up. It seemed like it was a desperation tactic so that all the new guys or people not familiar with the site would think it was a direct result of this.

And again, once this little upgrade is done and the pretty changes are made, how are we going to make the site better. I'm not reading anything from Playa about how the site is going to be better. This is the last time I'm going to bring it up. Go ahead, say I'm comparing apples to oranges again. Or say the word SPECIFICS. This is starting to get old. You really were meant to be in the politics field.

DraftBoy

I havent answered one debate question yet. Playa has told you why he doesnt respond to every beckon and call by other peoples staff. He responds in the appropriate forums as needed. When legitimate points have been brought forward he has responded. However when mindless accusations are being thrown about why should he respond?

:rofl: Can you imagine me running for President, oh thats good, thats really REALLY good...:rofl:

RockStar36
03-31-2008, 03:00 PM
I havent answered one debate question yet. Playa has told you why he doesnt respond to every beckon and call by other peoples staff. He responds in the appropriate forums as needed. When legitimate points have been brought forward he has responded. However when mindless accusations are being thrown about why should he respond?

:rofl: Can you imagine me running for President, oh thats good, thats really REALLY good...:rofl:

This entire thread was an appropriate place for Playa to respond. Instead, he has been lurking in the thread, and not responding. Let me guess, he is PMing all of you guys so somebody can type something up in Word for him and he can post it.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm getting a headache repeating myself. An upgrade to the site would've been done regardless of this silly election. I don't even see how that is an issue or why that was brought up. It seemed like it was a desperation tactic so that all the new guys or people not familiar with the site would think it was a direct result of this.

And again, once this little upgrade is done and the pretty changes are made, how are we going to make the site better. I'm not reading anything from Playa about how the site is going to be better. This is the last time I'm going to bring it up. Go ahead, say I'm comparing apples to oranges again. Or say the word SPECIFICS. This is starting to get old. You really were meant to be in the politics field.

Let me try crayon this may help a little, personally I like blue so we will try that;
The L.A. Playa/NBF Campaign is not nor has it ever taken credit for an upgrade to the site. We stated that it was happening with or without this election.

Also as for Playa's ideas; Aside from improved marketing to bring in new posters who would add more to the discussion in the BZ and other forums he also wants;

This is an excellent question, I am glad you asked it. While I have a wide-spanning plan of attack to garner more activity and interest at Billszone, some of my ideas are as follows. Firstly I would first change the Music Zone to the Entertainment Zone and there you could find all the information you wanted concerning, Music, TV, Movies, video gaming and all the other arts.

I would look into having a few members post several threads a day with the latest Entertainment and Music new, possibly Blackonyx, who has a love for entertainment, and I believe would love to do something like this.

In the main forum, I would look into asking someone to do a weekly series on Bills history, perhaps of the glory days and a where are they now series on some of the all time favorite Bills. Maybe create weekly contests and prizes for the best forum threads, perhaps weekly prizes for the best mock-draft in the scouting zone.

Also, I’d commission one of the more knowledgeable Zoners to do a Free Agent Primer and also a Weekly series position by position of the state of the Bills and grading the players in those positions. Provide updates on needs and the draft as we sign and cut players.

In the Twilight Zone, I would have someone in charge of posting threads with offbeat and zany stories of interest.

The No-Tos would be the place for more of the games that many like now, because more of the paying customer participate in the games, and quite frankly if I was a new person some of the games could be considered on the racy side and might turn them off.

I know real specific ideas may shock you guys but they are there and only one candidate here is talking about them. Are there any from your side?

casdhf
03-31-2008, 03:05 PM
What's the site playa used to run?

The King
03-31-2008, 03:06 PM
I know real specific ideas may shock you guys but they are there and only one candidate here is talking about them. Are there any from your side?

Feel free to ignore all my threads entitled I have an idea.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 03:07 PM
This entire thread was an appropriate place for Playa to respond. Instead, he has been lurking in the thread, and not responding. Let me guess, he is PMing all of you guys so somebody can type something up in Word for him and he can post it.

No its not an appropriate place to respond, its a thread that is for non-candidates, staff, and other posters not allowed to participate in the election thread. While he is not barred from doing so, its also not the correct forum for being done.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Feel free to ignore all my threads entitled I have an idea.

Yea.....I think we've been over these already. Only one idea applies to the board wholly and one has partial BZ implication but nothing about the content your own staff member was concerned about. What are you going to do to fix this issue?

L.A. Playa
03-31-2008, 03:11 PM

Quality over quantity, I have chosen to lead by example, by posting quality and substansive responses where needed, rather than post in quantity to make myself seen in order to appear to be doing something substansive

Furthermore, Draftboy is doing an excellent job at clearing the smoke screens of the united front against my campaign. He is showing the true intent, maybe the other candidates should not have underestimated my campaign and staff, in such underestimating their fellow Zoners by thinking they had the election in the bag because of their "popularity".

Gunzlingr
03-31-2008, 03:12 PM

So now he is too good to answer questions from people? I am not on any staff, so that excuse doesn't fly. I have voiced concerns, but all I get are lackey responses. An "experienced great leader" would answer questions posed of him, or at least use answers that don't reek of politically correct tripe penned by committee members. Hell, I don't much care for EE but even he answered questions, and respected the zone enough to do so himself.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 03:13 PM
So now he is too good to answer questions from people? I am not on any staff, so that excuse doesn't fly. I have voiced concerns, but all I get are lackey responses. An "experienced great leader" would answer questions posed of him, or at least use answers that don't reek of politically correct tripe penned by committee members. Hell, I don't much care for EE but even he answered questions, and respected the zone enough to do so himself.

See above

Gunzlingr
03-31-2008, 03:14 PM
See above

You mean "My staff is doing a great job answering questions for me" post? It is what I would expect from your staff.

Gunzlingr
03-31-2008, 03:16 PM

Bingo.

RockStar36
03-31-2008, 03:17 PM
Let me try crayon this may help a little, personally I like blue so we will try that;
The L.A. Playa/NBF Campaign is not nor has it ever taken credit for an upgrade to the site. We stated that it was happening with or without this election.

Also as for Playa's ideas; Aside from improved marketing to bring in new posters who would add more to the discussion in the BZ and other forums he also wants;

Now we're using the "crayon" posts that Devin always use. Talking down to people will get you nowhere.

And you sit there and say it isn't an appropriate place for him to respond, then he does. Looks like you're not on the same page.

LtBillsFan66
03-31-2008, 03:18 PM
Quality over quantity, I have chosen to lead by example, by posting quality and substansive responses where needed, rather than post in quantity to make myself seen in order to appear to be doing something substansive

Furthermore, Draftboy is doing an excellent job at clearing the smoke screens of the united front against my campaign. He is showing the true intent, maybe the other candidates should not have underestimated my campaign and staff, in such underestimating their fellow Zoners by thinking they had the election in the bag because of their "popularity".

I haven't seen quantity OR quality from you. Just fluff.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 03:18 PM
You mean "My staff is doing a great job answering questions for me" post? It is what I would expect from your staff.

Playa's staff as a whole guided by Playa is the reason we are still here, it goes to show what a well organized and unified staff can do for a candidate in an election.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 03:20 PM
Now we're using the "crayon" posts that Devin always use. Talking down to people will get you nowhere.

And you sit there and say it isn't an appropriate place for him to respond, then he does. Looks like you're not on the same page.

I dont hold an preverbial leash on the candidate. He can respond how he so chooses, he asked me my opinion I said it wasnt needed, but he felt the need to do so. No big deal at all.

I do like how you deleted all the ideas that you claimed we didnt have then, when I posted them you choose to ignore them because your campaign has well....none really.

shelby
03-31-2008, 03:25 PM
Can't we all just get along?

i think kini has the right idea. All y'all need to post videos of you stripping.

casdhf
03-31-2008, 03:26 PM
I've asked three times what Playa's other site is. I'd like to see the leadership in action. I haven't gotten an answer once.

I'm voting for bedard.

RockStar36
03-31-2008, 03:27 PM
I dont hold an preverbial leash on the candidate. He can respond how he so chooses, he asked me my opinion I said it wasnt needed, but he felt the need to do so. No big deal at all.

I do like how you deleted all the ideas that you claimed we didnt have then, when I posted them you choose to ignore them because your campaign has well....none really.

WTF are you talking about?

We have plently of ideas. See all the threads. I'm done with you. I'd get a better conversation out my girlfriends three year old.

Keep on spinnin' buddy.

DraftBoy
03-31-2008, 03:30 PM
WTF are you talking about?

We have plently of ideas. See all the threads. I'm done with you. I'd get a better conversation out my girlfriends three year old.

Keep on spinnin' buddy.

:rofl: My mistake actually on that one, forgot that when you quote, it doesnt quote what I quoted.

Ive seen the thread you reference, and said one is a good idea and the other I dont like.

Devin
03-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Man ya'll need to chill.

Mitchy moo
03-31-2008, 04:19 PM
Isn't this great, to all be at eachother's throats??

LtFinFan66
03-31-2008, 05:05 PM
This thread turned REALLY ******ed:shakeno:

mybills
03-31-2008, 05:31 PM
blah, blah, blah, apples, oranges, blah, blah, fruitless, blah, blah, candidate strip videos

The last buffalo fan
03-31-2008, 06:10 PM
blah, blah, blah, apples, oranges, blah, blah, fruitless, blah, blah, candidate strip videos

No!?!?!?!

OpIv37
03-31-2008, 07:56 PM

no, but in this case we don't know what people do outside the Zone, so I think it is fair for candidates to divulge their leadership experience. This isn't like a political election where the candidates have years of public service and tons of media coverage- if Playa didn't tell us, how would we know?

OpIv37
03-31-2008, 07:59 PM
The question referred to the red sox site.

They don't call you tailspin for nothing.

you criticize Playa for not talking specifics, but then you engage in a semantic argument. Think about that one for a second.

OpIv37
03-31-2008, 08:04 PM

quality over quantity. Remember, Philster is our all-time post leader (or at least he was for the longest time), and while he did have some quality posts, he also spent a lot of his time defending the Jills and defending himself.

chernobylwraiths
03-31-2008, 09:58 PM
quality over quantity. Remember, Philster is our all-time post leader (or at least he was for the longest time), and while he did have some quality posts, he also spent a lot of his time defending the Jills and defending himself.

I believe it is about the FACT that real questions are and have been posed to both Playa and NBF and many were answered by Draftboy.

mybills
04-01-2008, 06:33 AM
if Playa didn't tell us, how would we know?
He meant -
We read it the first time he posted it. and the second..and the third..and..