Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Top WR draft prospect

It was Malcolm Kelly just a month ago.
    Then it was "hands down" Limas Sweed.
    Briefly there was talk on James Hardy.
    Now there's sweeping man-love for Devin Thomas.

None of the above played a single game since a month ago, when Kelly was the stud of the class. Yet so many opinions changed hands back and forth.

Yes I know Kelly hasn't worked out yet and all the rumors about his bone on bone knees and how they're going to practically fall off his legs within 4 days of being drafted. His pro day is on April 9th and he said he'll doing everything including shuttle drills and 40s and bench and verticals.

Will our man-love be again shifted on April 10th?

Why the sudden crushes on Devin Thomas, since there seems to be overwhelming concensus on Thomas being the pick?

I just don't get this. Are we just a bunch of bandwagon jumpers playing hopscotch here?
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Top WR draft prospect

I've been down with Kelly since the start.. I still think if we go WR at 11 he will be our pick.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
      It was Malcolm Kelly just a month ago.
      Then it was "hands down" Limas Sweed.
      Briefly there was talk on James Hardy.
      Now there's sweeping man-love for Devin Thomas.

None of the above played a single game since a month ago, when Kelly was the stud of the class. Yet so many opinions changed hands back and forth.

Yes I know Kelly hasn't worked out yet and all the rumors about his bone on bone knees and how they're going to practically fall off his legs within 4 days of being drafted. His pro day is on April 9th and he said he'll doing everything including shuttle drills and 40s and bench and verticals.

Will our man-love be again shifted on April 10th?

Why the sudden crushes on Devin Thomas, since there seems to be overwhelming concensus on Thomas being the pick?

I just don't get this. Are we just a bunch of bandwagon jumpers playing hopscotch here?
      Welcome to the time before the NFL draft, the rule of thumb though is to never fall in love with one player. Workouts and Pro Days mean a lot more then some people think they do and they will affect players draft status.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        I've been down with Kelly since the start.. I still think if we go WR at 11 he will be our pick.
        Yea but you were down with Rivers before Kelly
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

I said the same thing a week or so back.

He must just be handi-capable because he had no problem on the field with his supposed grinding knees.

I heard just the other day, cant remember where, that he is considered to be a low 4.4 40 runner.

Im trying to just hang in there until he works out on April 9 (I think) so that we can then see the real deal. If he is crap, fine, but I dont think it will come out that way.

Hes also supposed to be a stand up guy and a great locker room presence.

No, I have heard the Bills are in love with the kid, and I believe it.

Just me.

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

I really liked kelly, at 11, and i think if all those Rumors are not true he will be our pick, i dont like Sweed or Hardy, and i think Thomas is gonna be outstanding, so alot will be answered on Kelly's proday

How can the Bills go wrong drafting either WR they both have marquee last names in Kelly, and Thomas, but Kelly is exactly what we need, and i have heard on other boards he really wowed the Bills staff when he visting OBD

Thomas is the other sure hit prospect in this WR draft in my opinion, and has alot of the attributes we are seeking, i would not be mad if we traded out of 11 and landed eithe kelly or thomas
            just wanna stop all the injuriy rumors before i committ, and we know the Bills arent afraid to reach so D thomas could be the pick no matter how Kelly does on the 9th
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• eyedog
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

Then it will be another front office mistake. They need a #2 receiver, who they can easily get with there 2nd rd. pick.
              The lines and qb win the games. They passed on the d-tackle a couple of years ago to take a freaking safety, now they are gonna pass on the pass rushing d-end for a #2 wr ????

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

I still have a crush on Kelly.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                  I still have a crush on Kelly.
                  Monaco?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

I like the following for our pick;
                    Derrick Harvey
                    Limas Sweed
                    Dominique Rodgers-Croamartie
                    Malcolm Kelly
                    Sedrick Ellis
                    Keith Rivers
                    Devin Thomas
                    Mike Jenkins
                    Reggie Smith
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      Yea but you were down with Rivers before Kelly
                      True. Which stopped making sense when we signed Mitchell. I thought LB was a BIG Need but we took care of that via FA.

I still think IF we go WR its going to be Kelly, and I think Harvey may be the only other who could make us change our minds.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                        Pinkerton's son
                        • Feb 2006

i always say that the way people play on the field translates more than combine numbers. now, if a player has stellar marks in both, then they are a top prospect. Its tough to say who is the best here bc all WR's had good combine numbers (excluding kelly of course) and had a good career (though thomas is a one-year wonder). I just feel that, if Kelly can run well, even at like a 4.45 or slightly above, at his pro-day, he should be the choice. sweed has hasnt really put up eye popping numbers.

i think we should take a CB, and i feel that one of the following: Kelly, Sweed, Thomas, James Hardy will be available in the 2nd, and we would have our cake and eat it too.

PS Hardy has put up stats greater than the rest of those guys throughout his career, just at a lesser school.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                          • May 2003

Because the Bills had Thomas in for a visit and now there are those people who are now all over Thomas.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I say we bring in Brohm for a visit just to throw things off for everyone.

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                              Because the Bills had Thomas in for a visit and now there are those people who are now all over Thomas.
                              I think the reason some people are all over him is because they have seen the highlight reels, heard the draft guru's talk him up, seen or heard of the combine results, and yes have heard that the Bills are interested.

All of that is worth something. How much? more than nothing. Worthy of being "all over him"? probably not.

But, its the offseason, we are rabid fans, and the draft is the next big event.

Seems like a victimless crime on a fan message board.

Comment

Working...
                              X