PDA

View Full Version : OK, Truth time....Did you expect the Sabres to make the playoffs this year?

Ebenezer
03-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Easy enough question. Did you think the Sabres will make the playoffs this year? And if not, when did you start to think that they wouldn't. Remember, your feelings were posted on these boards and we can look them up!!!

hydro
03-31-2008, 11:26 AM
I thought they had a chance until we lost to the Maple Leafs (4-1) a week or two ago.

From the start of the season I thought they would make the playoffs but didn't expect a season like the past few.

THATHURMANATOR
03-31-2008, 11:27 AM
Absolutely!

RockStar36
03-31-2008, 11:28 AM
No doubt

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-31-2008, 11:29 AM
I always think the teams I root for will make the playoffs. I thought Ryan Miller would take a step forward this year, but instead he appeared to take steps backwards. I didn't think they would be in the top of the division, but I thought they would at least hit the 5th-8th seed.

BlackMetalNinja
03-31-2008, 11:48 AM
I said before the season, and if you're ambitious enough, you can find the thread, that I expected them to land between 4-6 in the conference. I started thinking more 6-8 about 2 months ago, and I still thought they had a chance right up until last week.

Ebenezer
03-31-2008, 12:14 PM
by the way...for full disclosure...on 7/3/07 that this team would finish 8th or worse and have held since September that they would not make the playoffs.

Dude
03-31-2008, 02:02 PM
I wanted them to make it. But the loss of Drury and Briere seemed too much for them to overcome. It was pretty demoralizing back then - not a good way to start the season.

Michael82
03-31-2008, 03:09 PM
yeah I did. But I also thought they would struggle to make the playoffs and would get the 7th or 8th seed.

OpIv37
03-31-2008, 09:31 PM
The second Drury and Briere left, I started having my doubts, but we didn't win the Cup with them and the FO said they were going to get tougher on D. Fair enough.

But when the season started without adding anyone to make us tougher on D, I knew we weren't going to make it.

tampabay25690
04-01-2008, 08:32 AM
I will be honest I HATE to hear half the people on this site that just ***** and complain about the SABRES and the FO......IT WILL never change. The SABRES had a chance and I will stick by them becuase next year they will be a playoff team.........YES the loss of BRIERE and DRURY was huge and I think this team had no leadre going into the season...The loss of CAMPBELL I think was huge on this team as well......BERNIER will be back and a great pick up for this team.....The 2 young ROOKIE defense guys we have will be STUDS...........SEKERA will let you forget about CAMPBELL real quick and WEBER reminds me of a young JAY MCKEE....

POMINVILLE should be captain next year....SABRES will be back next year.....

bigbub2352
04-01-2008, 08:35 AM
No they lost to much, and didnt do anything to try and offset that loss, blame REgeir or Quinn, after watching the news yesterday knowing that after bankruptcy paid 43 million for the team and they are now the 8th best franchise in sports as per making money and are now worth 120million plus, makes me sick

Michael82
04-01-2008, 08:39 AM
I will be honest I HATE to hear half the people on this site that just ***** and complain about the SABRES and the FO......IT WILL never change. The SABRES had a chance and I will stick by them becuase next year they will be a playoff team.........YES the loss of BRIERE and DRURY was huge and I think this team had no leadre going into the season...The loss of CAMPBELL I think was huge on this team as well......BERNIER will be back and a great pick up for this team.....The 2 young ROOKIE defense guys we have will be STUDS...........SEKERA will let you forget about CAMPBELL real quick and WEBER reminds me of a young JAY MCKEE....

POMINVILLE should be captain next year....SABRES will be back next year.....
Bernier will ONLY be back if the Sabres sign him to a contract and don't **** it up. :pray:

BADTHINGSMAN
04-01-2008, 08:52 PM
YES, barely but yes I did..

LABillsFan
04-01-2008, 09:49 PM
That blown lead against the Bruins a month or 2 ago did it for me. Good teams with their future in their face don't let that happen.

raphael120
04-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Well, when your FO gets rid of all that talent you trust that the FO can justify those moves and has the people in house that can step up and continue the winning tradition of the past two years.

clumping platelets
04-01-2008, 10:27 PM
I said they were a borderline playoff calibur team but did believe they would sneak in.

Still have a chance to be right