I plan on the Bills getting a favorable scheduling of games this season via the NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

I plan on the Bills getting a favorable scheduling of games this season via the NFL

I really believe that the league wants the Bills to step up this season and make a run of it. We put up the most exciting regular game of last season that kept everyone glued to their chair against the cowboys and the league wants more of it. The atmosphere at RW stadium was electric from the start and it really translated well on TV.

You watch, here will be some highlights unlike previous years:

1. No New England after their bye.

2. Bills open at home against a weaker west coast team (San Fran. is my bet)

3. We play Miami away in November or later

4. Miami visits Buffalo in late Nov. early December

5. 1 monday night game at home / 1 away

6. 1 sunday night game at home / 1 away

Any other scheduling improvements you can think of can be added but I think 4 of the 6 things I mentioned will come about or better.

• Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: I plan on the Bills getting a favorable scheduling of games this season via the NFL

Maybe even 5 of 6 things. NE has fallen out of favor with the league.

Comment

• Bone
      Bone
      • Oct 2006

Re: I plan on the Bills getting a favorable scheduling of games this season via the N

All I care about is atleast 1 night game!
      BILLIEVE

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Re: I plan on the Bills getting a favorable scheduling of games this season via the N

Originally posted by Mitch20
        All I care about is atleast 1 night game!
        We had one last year and I will safely say we will have more than a few this year.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Re: I plan on the Bills getting a favorable scheduling of games this season via the NFL

I wish the schedule would come out already so I can my plane tickets....

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Skooby
            I really believe that the league wants the Bills to step up this season and make a run of it. We put up the most exciting regular game of last season that kept everyone glued to their chair against the cowboys and the league wants more of it. The atmosphere at RW stadium was electric from the start and it really translated well on TV.

You watch, here will be some highlights unlike previous years:

1. No New England after their bye.

2. Bills open at home against a weaker west coast team (San Fran. is my bet)

3. We play Miami away in November or later

4. Miami visits Buffalo in late Nov. early December

5. 1 monday night game at home / 1 away

6. 1 sunday night game at home / 1 away

Any other scheduling improvements you can think of can be added but I think 4 of the 6 things I mentioned will come about or better.

So you think a 7-9 team that hasn't made the playoffs in 8 years and isn't cared about very much by the national audience is going to have 4 primetime games this season?

Start having some winning seasons and the primetime games will come. I'm not even going to comment on the rest of it because we hear the entire NFL is screwing Buffalo story every April.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

we also put up one of the most boring games of the year- against the Browns- and had several lackluster games, most notably the two against NE (one of which was also a night game). The NFL isn't going to do us any favors because of the Cowboys game. This team has a LOT to prove before the NFL showcases us again.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get one night game- the rest of the games will be 1 pm starts and bohica flex games. Oh, and expect the Dolphins to be in Buffalo early this season- they've had to come up late in the season 2 or 3 years in a row now.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                So you think a 7-9 team that hasn't made the playoffs in 8 years and isn't cared about very much by the national audience is going to have 4 primetime games this season?

Start having some winning seasons and the primetime games will come. I'm not even going to comment on the rest of it because we hear the entire NFL is screwing Buffalo story every April.
                You forgot a few things, we are playing multiple teams with more problems than us, therefore even though the quality of the games may not be better the game itself will be. Watching NE, Indy and the giants / Redskins every week isn't going to fly. 2 good teams playing each other doesn't necessarily make for a good primetime game.

The Raiders are in primetime to start the season but why? Good TV and a big audience. The raiders will start with the same record as us and it will be alot worse for them before it gets bad for us.

We played like 3 primetime games with backups in last season, this season we'll be better as a team, with more talent and a way easier schedule. Add all that together and it gets us on TV in better slots. I also plan on a few 4pm starts as well, 3 at least.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  we also put up one of the most boring games of the year- against the Browns- and had several lackluster games, most notably the two against NE (one of which was also a night game). The NFL isn't going to do us any favors because of the Cowboys game. This team has a LOT to prove before the NFL showcases us again.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get one night game- the rest of the games will be 1 pm starts and bohica flex games. Oh, and expect the Dolphins to be in Buffalo early this season- they've had to come up late in the season 2 or 3 years in a row now.
                  We have a better team than last year with a easier schedule, that makes it easier to showcase us. The league would love nothing more than a good story of a team that beats NE in the regular season. That in itself takes the heat off about them cheating and punishments that might imperial the league. You are thinking like a fan with your statement, think how the league wants us to look. Think about how it would look better to turn out in a game versus us. If we are on a higher plane than usual and win, it sets things as they should be. Outside of NE, nobody wanted to see them win it all.

I already know your next side about why not the jets or the fins but the Fins are a multi-year project and the jets have glaring holes. Mark my words, the TE / Bill Walsh calling Marv story will be talked about all year as we win games. We are playing turds and handicapped teams, I see victories.

Comment

• DrGraves
                    • Mar 2008

hahaha 4 primetime games? you do realize we play in buffalo, we're not the cowboys, we don't play in nyc, we're not new england, or any other huge market of interest. maybe we get one or two scheduled. the only way we get four is if they are flex games where we get pushed into primetime because we are a competitive team.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by DrGraves
                      hahaha 4 primetime games? you do realize we play in buffalo, we're not the cowboys, we don't play in nyc, we're not new england, or any other huge market of interest. maybe we get one or two scheduled. the only way we get four is if they are flex games where we get pushed into primetime because we are a competitive team.
                      I never said some wouldn't be flexed in, I just said that we would play in 4 primetime games this season in the regular season.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                        Will not tolerate vandalism.
                        • Apr 2006

My predictions:

Bills-Dolphins will be in Toronto. Mark it. Despite the reputation, that's the game that always struggles to sell out late in the year in Buffalo so the league will pick that one to move to T-O.

As for night games... Probably two, at least one, possibly three. The Toronto game is a good bet for a national game, considering its historic implications.

I'd lean toward another New England Screwjob with that team getting the Bills again after their bye. This league hasn't changed a bit, and that could be the other night game.

As for NE/IND/WAS/NYG "not flying"... take a look at the games that have already been revealed:

Hall of Fame: IND/WAS
                        Kickoff: WAS/NYG
                        SNF #1: CHI/IND

It can, and will, fly. I'm surprised NEP isn't listed yet but that may just be due to how sour people still are over last year, Spygate, etc. Goodell got a Goodearfull at the SB press conference. They still like NEP, but in the realm of national games, ratings and money talk.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

LOL, FOUR primetime games for a team that hasn't won **** in YEARS?
                          Skooby, Skooby, Skooby.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            LOL, FOUR primetime games for a team that hasn't won **** in YEARS?
                            Skooby, Skooby, Skooby.
                            Pat, it's never been a better time for us to breakout. Schedules like this don't come by every year, we'll take advantage of it.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                              My predictions:

Bills-Dolphins will be in Toronto. Mark it. Despite the reputation, that's the game that always struggles to sell out late in the year in Buffalo so the league will pick that one to move to T-O.

As for night games... Probably two, at least one, possibly three. The Toronto game is a good bet for a national game, considering its historic implications.

I'd lean toward another New England Screwjob with that team getting the Bills again after their bye. This league hasn't changed a bit, and that could be the other night game.

As for NE/IND/WAS/NYG "not flying"... take a look at the games that have already been revealed:

Hall of Fame: IND/WAS
                              Kickoff: WAS/NYG
                              SNF #1: CHI/IND

It can, and will, fly. I'm surprised NEP isn't listed yet but that may just be due to how sour people still are over last year, Spygate, etc. Goodell got a Goodearfull at the SB press conference. They still like NEP, but in the realm of national games, ratings and money talk.
                              IMO, I really doubt they take a division game north of the border

Comment

Working...
                              X