TBN: NFL owners now admit that RW was right..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

TBN: NFL owners now admit that RW was right..

Maybe they now realize that a whole team of Philidelphia lawyers may not be better than many years of experience and a Buffalo mentality.

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Buffalo Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson Jr. was ridiculed in the national media two years ago for saying he didn’t understand how the National Football League could approve its labor agreement with the players union.
    This week, NFL owners are hunkered down in meetings to figure out how they can change the labor deal, which many of them have come to loathe.
    Can you say vindication? That’s what Wilson is feeling over the fact only he and Cincinnati owner Mike Brown voted against the collective bargaining agreement with the NFL Players Association.
    Wilson has gone from out of touch to ahead of the curve.
    “That took some courage,” acknowledged Atlanta Falcons President Rich McKay. “National media-wise, they took some heat for it. I don’t think they did internally. I think everyone respected what they said.”
    Wilson refuses to gloat over the issue, and he says he wasn’t surprised he was portrayed as clueless.
    “That’s understandable because the vote was 30-2, and people thought, ‘Wilson must be out there by himself on a canoe,’ ” Wilson said Monday from his office in Detroit. (He’s letting his team executives handle league business this week.)
    “When the proposal was passed out to us it was rushed out,” Wilson said. “We had about 45 minutes to consider it. There was a lot more to it that we never saw and we didn’t realize at the time. In sum and substance, we voted on the thing, and I didn’t think we should.”

Last edited by Mitchy moo; 04-01-2008, 06:49 AM.
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Re: TBN: NFL owners now admit that RW was right..

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Like I have been saying, Ralph is smarter and more with it at age 90 than most of the owners (or people here) combined.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        Like I have been saying, Ralph is smarter and more with it at age 90 than most of the owners (or people here) combined.
        Now if only we could make him grow a football brain.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Ralph was not only correct in voting against, and speaking out against, the CBA, but also in getting Schumer and others involved on behalf of the Bills and other small market teams.

Giving the players 59.5% of gross revenues, i.e., with no responsibility for costs, was virtually a suicidal decision by the owners, and Ralph recognized it immediately.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by JediRalphWilson
            Now if only we could make him grow a football brain.
            Or, even more importantly, to back off his auction to the highest bidder sales approach.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Bill Brasky
              Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              Ralph was not only correct in voting against, and speaking out against, the CBA, but also in getting Schumer and others involved on behalf of the Bills and other small market teams.

Giving the players 59.5% of gross revenues, i.e., with no responsibility for costs, was virtually a suicidal decision by the owners, and Ralph recognized it immediately.
              Man I wish you posted more...

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
                Man I wish you posted more...
                I second that.
                You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

Working...
                X