• Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Forked Thread: Would you trade...

Forked from: Would you trade...

Originally posted by Tatonka
    lets say that we get into this years draft and the bills DONT select a WR with their first round pick.. say they go DE, DT, or CB.. i really hope CB isnt the pick, but regardless.

Say Kelly or Hardy falls to the second round. Would you trade next years first rounder to get an early second rounder and grab one of those WRs that might slip? or are you comfortable enough with the depth at WR that you would just stay put?
    T brings up a good point and here is the situation;

We take CB Mike Jenkins at 11 to finish shoring up our defense, Its the first pick in Round 2 and Miami calls us and says "We will trade you this pick for your 1st next year", on the board are; Malcolm Kelly, James Hardy, and Early Doucet as your top WR choices. Do you make the trade, and if so who do you take?

Rules:
    -You have no other option but to trade next years first rounder
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Forked Thread: Would you trade...

No way in hell.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

No
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

No way. Why trade our 1 next year for a 2 this year, when one of the three WRs listed - or someone comparable - will still be available to us in the 2nd round?

Put another way, if we don't like ANY of the receivers in this draft enough to spend this year's first, why spend next year's first on one, after the best 2 or 3 are gone?
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

no. And I still dont understand why everyone is opposed to drafting a potential starter(CB) with #11 , and would rather draft purely rotational players (DE or DT). Dont get it.

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

I lost you after "We take CB at 11"
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              No way. Why trade our 1 next year for a 2 this year, when one of the three WRs listed - or someone comparable - will still be available to us in the 2nd round?
              That's not a guarantee in fact Id be very honest in saying there is not many realistic scenarios where both Hardy, and/or Kelly make it to our 2nd Rounder. These are two players who would of been top 15 or top 10 picks next year, you dont trade a pick that will likely be in the lower half of the first for a top 15 talent?
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                That's not a guarantee in fact Id be very honest in saying there is not many realistic scenarios where both Hardy, and/or Kelly make it to our 2nd Rounder. These are two players who would of been top 15 or top 10 picks next year, you dont trade a pick that will likely be in the lower half of the first for a top 15 talent?
                Too many hypotheticals. Who knows where Hardy and Kelly will rank next year, but if they are that good, and Thomas is better, take Thomas with our 11th pick and a CB with our 2nd.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• eyedog
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                  no. And I still dont understand why everyone is opposed to drafting a potential starter(CB) with #11 , and would rather draft purely rotational players (DE or DT). Dont get it.

It doesn't matter if the d-end {Harvey} is rotational. When it is 3rd and 8 and they have to get off the field, he is in the game. At the end of a game and your trying to hold a lead and the other team is throwing every down, the pass rusher is in the game. When your trying to stop Brady from standing back there all day, he is in the game. The pass rusher gets plenty of snaps during a game and they are on important plays.It doesn't matter who is playing d-back if the qb has all day to throw.

We got the big d-tackle and two new lb's to help stuff the run now. We need to get to the qb.

What games do some of you watch ?

Comment

• Pride
                    • Jul 2002

IMO we only have 1 "NEED". Granted we have a lot of "It would be nice to have" 's

I think the only position on this team that is a NEED is WR. Draft one in round one and get it over with. The only thing I'm not sure about yet is... which one.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

I don't see a CB being a smart option at #11 under any scenario... Our O is in desperate need of help, and our D has already recieved some big time help.

Unless we want our D on the field for 40 minutes a game we better be doing whatever it takes to bring in some O firepower that can somehow contirbute ASAP.

Even if the D is stopping opponents more often then last year our O was doing way to many 3 and outs. Our D will be exhausted at the end of the game and it won't matter how good they were for 3 quarters if our O hasn't put up the points.

I just cannot put together a scenario where we go CB at #11...

We need to trade down and parlay picks... if we stay at #11 and we focus on the D we'll still be looking at O struggles that will frustrate the team.

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        Forked from: Would you trade...

T brings up a good point and here is the situation;

We take CB Mike Jenkins at 11 to finish shoring up our defense, Its the first pick in Round 2 and Miami calls us and says "We will trade you this pick for your 1st next year", on the board are; Malcolm Kelly, James Hardy, and Early Doucet as your top WR choices. Do you make the trade, and if so who do you take?

Rules:
                        -You have no other option but to trade next years first rounder
                        If it goes down that we dont draft a WR at 11, I could easily see a move back up into late 1, but why trade next years 1st when we can do it with our 2nd and 3rd. We now have 2 4th's so giving up a 3rd isnt a huge loss.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

i trade next years first round pick for hardy or kelly, assuming that neither would be there with our 2nd round pick.

i would rather get them a year early and have them help our team this year, than be another year behind and have a rookie wr next year to replace lee evans who is going to be gone.

so yes. i would trade the 1st round pick and hope we make the playoffs and it is a low one.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• eyedog
                            • Jul 2002

would you rather have :
                            1st- Harvey
                            2nd- Doucett/Manningham/Hardy

or

1st. Kelly
                            2nd. ?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                              Pinkerton's son
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by eyedog
                              It doesn't matter if the d-end {Harvey} is rotational. When it is 3rd and 8 and they have to get off the field, he is in the game. At the end of a game and your trying to hold a lead and the other team is throwing every down, the pass rusher is in the game. When your trying to stop Brady from standing back there all day, he is in the game. The pass rusher gets plenty of snaps during a game and they are on important plays.It doesn't matter who is playing d-back if the qb has all day to throw.

We got the big d-tackle and two new lb's to help stuff the run now. We need to get to the qb.

What games do some of you watch ?
                              well personally i watch games where lee evans gets smothered. I want a Wr with #11, i was just pointing out that I FEEL Cb is a BETTER option than DE or DT, especially with (even if you dont like them they are entrenched players) Schobel, Kelsay and Denney already taking up PT.

Comment

Working...
                              X