• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Hair issue tabled; defensive helmet radios OK'd

The Kansas City Chiefs' proposal to tuck or cut long hair so it doesn't hang below the nameplate on a uniform was tabled until the next NFL owners meeting in May.

In delaying any vote on the hair issue, the NFL will have time to listen to feedback from the NFL Players Association.

In a separate move, the competition committee picked up three more votes this year and passed the "coach-to-defense" signal-calling system 25-7.

Defensive coaches now will have the ability to put radio speakers in two helmets, but only one of those helmets will be allowed on the field on a given play. Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said passing this measure a year ago might have prevented the recent Spygate controversy from happening.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Hair issue tabled; defensive helmet radios OK'd

Originally posted by YardRat
    http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...rts&id=6054822

The Kansas City Chiefs' proposal to tuck or cut long hair so it doesn't hang below the nameplate on a uniform was tabled until the next NFL owners meeting in May.

In delaying any vote on the hair issue, the NFL will have time to listen to feedback from the NFL Players Association.

In a separate move, the competition committee picked up three more votes this year and passed the "coach-to-defense" signal-calling system 25-7.

Defensive coaches now will have the ability to put radio speakers in two helmets, but only one of those helmets will be allowed on the field on a given play. Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said passing this measure a year ago might have prevented the recent Spygate controversy from happening.
    Wait, isnt Wade a punt catcher?

Sorry, but Im not too eager to listen to much of what he says.

Does Walsh know anything about scanning channels? Ohh nevermind, Im sure crafty Kraft and the cheatriots will find some way to survive.

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

Re: Hair issue tabled; defensive helmet radios OK'd

So, will they call the rule allowing a defensive player to have a radio receiver, the "Belichick rule?"
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
      X