How about John David Booty?

FlyingDutchman
04-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Dixon in the 6th or 7th

X-Era
04-01-2008, 07:37 PM

Eeeessshhhh!

Im all for a good draft thought... but man, he really looked shaky a few times last year.

My favorites for mid rounders are Erik Ainge who looks like a Marc Bulger type to me, or Colt Brennan.

Josh Johnson is Lynches cousing (I think), and looks pretty good. I see him as a David Garrard type.

Earthquake Enyart
04-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Colt Brennan has a rag arm.

clumping platelets
04-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Interesting idea from EE :faint:

:jk:

If he's the "BPA" at the time.......I agree

bflojohn
04-01-2008, 10:34 PM
I personally think that Andre Woodson becomes a fine pickup anywhere south of the third round! He has prototypical size and his mechanics look fine to me when he's in a groove. What I believe is that he isn't a timimg QB, but a strapping QB who will drop back and find his recievers in progressions, seven yards deep in the pocket. Two seasons of seasoning and you'll have a gem, IMO!!

Michael82
04-02-2008, 01:07 AM
I'd like to see Owen Schmitt if he's there. :up:

DraftBoy
04-02-2008, 07:07 AM
If we are going QB lets look at;
Erik Ainge (3rd-4th)
Andre Woodson (3rd-4th)
Josh Johnson (4th-5th)
Kevin O'Connell (4th-5th)
Ricky Santos (7th-FA)

JD Booty is brutally bad, I dont like any of the USC guys outside of Rachal and Ellis.

bigbub2352
04-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Owen Schmitt with the extra 4th is ideal and would give a nice charachter eliment to our running game

We need a real full back

Michael82
04-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Owen Schmitt with the extra 4th is ideal and would give a nice charachter eliment to our running game

We need a real full back
him blocking for Marshawn Lynch would really bring about the true BEAST. :drool:

bigbub2352
04-02-2008, 09:39 AM
him blocking for Marshawn Lynch would really bring about the true BEAST. :drool:

Couldnt agree more

Pinkerton Security
04-02-2008, 10:41 AM
I personally think that Andre Woodson becomes a fine pickup anywhere south of the third round! He has prototypical size and his mechanics look fine to me when he's in a groove. What I believe is that he isn't a timimg QB, but a strapping QB who will drop back and find his recievers in progressions, seven yards deep in the pocket. Two seasons of seasoning and you'll have a gem, IMO!!

woodson is too much like jp for me: athletic, great arm, needs polish....

no thanks. i like ainge.

bigbub2352
04-02-2008, 11:45 AM
I like Ainge to alot, i think he will be a solid smart QB

djjimkelly
04-02-2008, 11:57 AM

i doubt it happens. anytime u hear modrak/van pelt and others talk ive heard them all say they like guys who are several year starters. i do believe i heard an interview with van pelt where he downplayed josh david booty. but who knows when someone is truth telling or lying

Night Train
04-02-2008, 12:07 PM
This is a terrible year for QB's at the top. Not impressed at all with the so called name guys. Not even sold on Ryan as a high 1st rounder.

L.A. Playa
04-02-2008, 12:08 PM
May not be the popular opinion, and personally I wasnt a John David Booty fan while he started for USC.

But I think when his career is done he is going to have a betetr career in the NFL than Matt Lienhart. I think getting in the right place is the key for him, but he is smart and tough and plays within himself

USC got spoiled with Carson Palmer and then Matt Lienhart put up some great years because of the talent around him, Booty never tried to be those guys, knows how to play within himself and how to execute a game plan.

My biggest gripe with Booty is he didnt take himself out of the Stanford game last year that cost USC a title shot, other than that he will make a good NFL QB and if given the chance win alot of games

DraftBoy
04-02-2008, 12:09 PM
woodson is too much like jp for me: athletic, great arm, needs polish....

no thanks. i like ainge.

Woodson has the right head on his shoulders to make the plays, Losman doesnt. Woodson's issues is with focus he loses it during the game and thats when he makes bad decisions.

madness
04-02-2008, 12:18 PM

If we don't come out of this draft with him now that the we have an extra pick, I'm going to be very dissapointed.

Michael82
04-02-2008, 01:02 PM
If we don't come out of this draft with him now that the we have an extra pick, I'm going to be very dissapointed.
I will too, unless he's drafted in the 3rd round....