PDA

View Full Version : Roy Williams (WR) Wants to Play for Dallas....

gr8slayer
04-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Star Telegram (http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/559869.html)

Lions WR Roy Williams reportedly "wants to play in Dallas." "I don’t want to dismiss that we could look at a veteran situation, and we could look at a veteran situation before the draft," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said. The Lions have repeatedly said Williams isn't available, but a deal still makes some sense at the right price because he's in a contract year.

Everyone wants to play for the bad guy.

hydro
04-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Or play in the same area he played college :idunno:

DrGraves
04-01-2008, 07:59 PM
that sucks.

Mitchy moo
04-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Cool, good for him.

streetkings01
04-02-2008, 07:46 AM
He was born and raised in Texas and played for the Longhorns.

madness
04-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Jerry Jones is the greatest sports franchise owner on the planet!!!!

gr8slayer
04-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Jerry Jones is the greatest sports franchise owner on the planet!!!!
Second best! Best in the NFL? Perhaps....

gr8slayer
04-02-2008, 08:31 AM
He was born and raised in Texas and played for the Longhorns.
And? Chad Johnson wasn't and he wants to play in Dallas, Pacman wasn't and he wants to play in Dallas.

madness
04-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Second best! Best in the NFL? Perhaps....

/sarcasm

streetkings01
04-02-2008, 12:41 PM
And? Chad Johnson wasn't and he wants to play in Dallas, Pacman wasn't and he wants to play in Dallas.You need to do your research because Chad Johnson was born and raised in Florida and has said that he wants to play for the Dolphins.....you dont remember the "Bill get at me" quote? Pac Man Jones is another story!

gr8slayer
04-02-2008, 01:08 PM
You need to do your research because Chad Johnson was born and raised in Florida and has said that he wants to play for the Dolphins.....you dont remember the "Bill get at me" quote? Pac Man Jones is another story!
You really need to do your research fool.

Chad Johnson could've climbed on the coffee table on the middle of the Best Damn Sports Show Period set tonight and yelled at the top of his lungs "Trade me to to Dallas!!!"

"If I end up in Dallas, I would just look at which finger I'm gonna put it on," Johnson declared. "That's it. Ain't no ifs, ands or buts about it."

Add Cincinnati's Chad Johnson to the growing list of players wanting to play for the Cowboys. They all want to play for the Cowboys.

Earlier in the week it was Anqoan Boldin rumored to be talking with the Cowboys for a possible deal, now it’s the unhappy Bengals’ receiver Chad Johnson making noise about coming to Dallas.

TacklingDummy
04-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Rumors has it, Lee Evans wants to play in Dallas.

gr8slayer
04-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Rumors has it, Lee Evans wants to play in Dallas.
Haven't seen it but I wouldn't be surprised. He wouldn't make it here though.

Mr. Pink
04-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Didn't Randy Moss want to play in Dallas too?

How'd that work out?

gr8slayer
04-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Didn't Randy Moss want to play in Dallas too?

How'd that work out?
Don't recall hearing that; where'd you hear it?

Mr. Pink
04-02-2008, 02:59 PM
I thought I saw that on these boards...coulda been misinformation, God knows there has been a ton of that this offseason.

My main point is, just because he wants to go there, doesn't mean he will. There is no way Dallas could afford him.

Mski
04-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Don't recall hearing that; where'd you hear it?

it was reported on sportscenter a few times while he was a FA

Pride
04-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Everyone wants to play for Dallas in case there is an uncapped year in 2009. Already being on the team gives them a greater shot at a huge pay day!

PECKERWOOD
04-02-2008, 03:42 PM
If you were a player, why wouldn't you want to play for an owner who has gone on the record and said that he wishes there was no salary cap? If you want a big pay day, go play for Dallas because Jerry will pay you big money.

gr8slayer
04-02-2008, 03:44 PM
I thought I saw that on these boards...coulda been misinformation, God knows there has been a ton of that this offseason.

My main point is, just because he wants to go there, doesn't mean he will. There is no way Dallas could afford him.
There actually is a way Dallas could afford him.

Sirius was talking about it a couple of weeks ago. Dallas having $10 million under the cap still has more spending power than Tennessee with $40 million under the cap because of Jerry and his ability to give players any bonus they want. A good example of this is Washington, their cap situation has sucked for the past three years but they continue to get FA after FA for crazy contracts. If Jones wants someone he'll get that person, money isn't an issue.

gr8slayer
04-02-2008, 03:46 PM

I honestly never heard that Moss wanted to play for Dallas, not saying that you're wrong but I listen to the local talk shows every day, read the news paper every day, watch the local news every day and I don't recall. There were talks that Dallas had some interest but Jones shut those talks down pretty quick.

PECKERWOOD
04-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Come on, if you were a Dallas fan you would LOVE Jerry Jones, let's be honest and cut the crap.

gr8slayer
04-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Come on, if you were a Dallas fan you would LOVE Jerry Jones, let's be honest and cut the crap.
??

BillsFever21
04-03-2008, 02:34 AM
I think he means that if Jerry Jones or somebody like him was the GM of the Bills the same people that hates him would love him.