GW clarifies LeBeau's role on the team...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

GW clarifies LeBeau's role on the team...

"His evaluation of how we can improve is going to be invaluable to me and to Jerry Gray. Jerry will be our defensive coordinator and Dick is our assistant head coach. Dick will be aiding me in all of the game planning, he'll be a strong voice of reason and a strong voice that we'll listen to on game day in that respect. Jerry will still make the calls on the field." - Coach Gregg Williams explaining the role of Dick LeBeau, who continues to insist he's not a threat to Williams' job.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• Pride
    • Jul 2002

ummm.... yeah...

Talk about too many chiefs...

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Basically, His left hand will be upGray's back operating him like a ventrilliquist dummy, and his right hand will be doing the same with Williams.

I bet he could get a gig in vegas with the double act

Comment

• Winfield_26
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

sounds good to me, maybe somebody can knock some sense into GW's decision making
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Buffarama
          Football-Sport of the Gods
          • Jul 2002

Sounds to me like Rainman got a brain. I wonder where Lebeau will be on the sideline. Maybe he can wear the headset, and GW can ride his tricycle behind the bench.

Comment

• Stewie
            Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
            • Aug 2002

I think its going to work just fine....
            Originally posted by Topdog
            Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            I love Weiner.
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            also cheese

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

I bet he will be in the booth. And I hope he has a whole supply of boots to firmly implant in Gilbrides ass.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                Expert on Experts
                • Jul 2002

its not going to get worse, it can only get better...

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                  Sab and TD are insignificant
                  • Sep 2002

I'm with SoCalBillsFan.

I don't see why you guys are so down on this team - our D really pulled together towards the end of last season - with a lot of less then mediocre personell. Our Offense won't skip a beat, and our special teams will be fine.

try being a little more optimistic.
                  www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Buffarama
                    Football-Sport of the Gods
                    • Jul 2002

I'm not down on them, I just have sick dry sense of humor. :rocket:

Comment

• BillsNYC
                      Man of the People
                      • Jul 2002

he's going to be a consultant....simple as that....just like in the business world...
                      Thank you.

Comment

• eyedog
                        • Jul 2002

Yeah he's a consultant until one of the two continues to screw up. Then he is the next d-coord. or head coach.

Comment

• TedMock
                          • Jul 2002

It's funny that GW and Gray helped coach the number one defense in the NFL in 2000 and now people think they're morons. Understand that they were given crap to work with and by the end of the 2nd season the defense was starting to play well. Not too bad. I know GW has made some bad calls and everybody harps on the 4th and 2 last year but didn't he get a hell of a lot better than in year one? I thought so. The guy's a very good defensive coach and he's proven it. His head coaching skills needed work but I think he's improved. The team also never quit on him which is the most important thing a head coach can bring. I'm not saying sign him to a long term deal but for god's sake give him a fair shake. He now has talent on both sides of the ball, they young guys have 1 or 2 more years under their belt and if the team contiues to be resiliant they'll win a few that they blew last year. If he the team gives up, turns on him or underachieves then by all means re-evaluate and make the move if necessary. I'd completely agree with that. I also think at his age, LeBeau wants to be a 'consultant'. He's older, wiser but probably has less energy than he used to. I think it'll be a nice marriage.

Comment

• eyedog
                            • Jul 2002

TedMock, all of that post is nice and most of it I'd agree with, but imo TD bringing in LeBeau is for one reason and that goes something like this;
                            " Ok boys, I have given you premium fa defensive players, you will also get another good draft, and last year I gave you a top qb. This is my good friend Dick LeBeau. He will be coming on board this year. And fellas lets not repeat the same mistakes as last year and also it may be a good idea to get off to a quick start this season. Oh yeah, did you guys meet Dick. "
                            I think TD will have a very short lease this year. He has proven he is not afraid to make changes.

Comment

• casdhf
                              • Jul 2002

LaBeau may be a good coach, but he isn't a good decision maker. That's pretty obvious from the QB situation in CIN last season.
                              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                              X