PDA

View Full Version : Still some value on the FA market

venis2k1
04-02-2008, 11:18 PM
I know everyone is changing gears into "draft mode" right now, and i doubt the bills make any real FA moves before the draft, but there are a few FAs out there still that i think might really have a chance to make this team better.

Adrian Jones OT Cheifs- An upgrade over Kirk Chambers, no doubt.

Kelly Holcomb and Craig Nall- Our coaches are familiar with both players, solid 3rd qbs, especially Holcomb. If they arent sold on Hamdan that is.

Dan Kreider FB Steelers- Getting up there in age at 31, but still more than a solid blocker, tough blue collar guy. If they bills cant land a FB they like in the draft(Hillis or Schmitt) Kreider is a good second option.

Tatonka
04-03-2008, 12:19 AM
darrell jackson.

User Manuel
04-03-2008, 07:43 AM
darrell jackson.

I agree, but I have to wonder if he is suffering Peerless Price syndrom (i.e. suddenly sucking )

THATHURMANATOR
04-03-2008, 08:16 AM
None of these guys are worth ****.

Jackson maybe

Luisito23
04-03-2008, 08:25 AM
Camp fodder (I still don't really know what fodder is!?)....

The Jokeman
04-03-2008, 08:50 AM
From m-w.com:

Main Entry:
fod·der Listen to the pronunciation of fodder
Pronunciation:
\ˈfä-dər\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English, from Old English fōdor; akin to Old High German fuotar food — more at food
Date:
before 12th century

1: something fed to domestic animals; especially : coarse food for cattle, horses, or sheep
2: inferior or readily available material used to supply a heavy demand <fodder for tabloids>

The idea being is you can bring in just about anyone to serve training camp drills, work outs and play preseason games ie the demand that preseason football would toll on other guys if could only use the 53 man have on an active roster as instead can have up to 85 on a preseason roster.

Mitchy moo
04-03-2008, 09:05 AM
None of these guys are worth ****.

Jackson maybe

Dead on.

The Answer
04-03-2008, 12:44 PM
I know everyone is changing gears into "draft mode" right now, and i doubt the bills make any real FA moves before the draft, but there are a few FAs out there still that i think might really have a chance to make this team better.

Adrian Jones OT Cheifs- An upgrade over Kirk Chambers, no doubt.

Kelly Holcomb and Craig Nall- Our coaches are familiar with both players, solid 3rd qbs, especially Holcomb. If they arent sold on Hamdan that is.

Dan Kreider FB Steelers- Getting up there in age at 31, but still more than a solid blocker, tough blue collar guy. If they bills cant land a FB they like in the draft(Hillis or Schmitt) Kreider is a good second option.

Agreed - we need get rid of Loseman ASAP and resign the Holcombator before he's off the market. He's a wily veteran that will help mentor Studwards and can win a few games for this team if we lose Trent to injury.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 12:52 PM
He's a wily veteran that will help mentor Studwards and can win a few games for this team if we lose Trent to injury.

~The Answer
you mean run a campaign against Trent.

Just say no to cancers.

Oaf
04-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Adrian Jones would be an excellent signing. Would really solidify our tackle depth and could start in a pinch a la Marcus Price in the early 2000's.

mybills
04-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Forget Kreider, they're looking for youngsters.