PDA

View Full Version : My draft day darkhorse pick

X-Era
04-03-2008, 06:47 AM
Keith Rivers

The guy jump 42 inches in the vertical.

With our moves so far on D, its unlikely. Crowell is highly thought of. But Rivers could be something special.

If they go BPA at 11, people could argue thats Rivers. I think he might be there and he can play.

Jan Reimers
04-03-2008, 06:54 AM
He could be a great player, but with the return of Poz, the signing of Mitchell, and the emergence of Crowell as a fine player, I don't think we can afford that sort of luxury.

I keep looking at our offense and thinking we are going to be extremely mediocre if we don't get a WR and TE who can contribute immediately.

DraftBoy
04-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Im going to say my darkhorse is DE Phillip Merling

Scumbag College
04-03-2008, 09:18 AM
He could be a great player, but with the return of Poz, the signing of Mitchell, and the emergence of Crowell as a fine player, I don't think we can afford that sort of luxury.

I keep looking at our offense and thinking we are going to be extremely mediocre if we don't get a WR and TE who can contribute immediately.

I agree...

If the Bills use their first two picks on WR and TE, I believe that they are starters on Opening Day of 2008, pretty much sight unseen. Rivers is a great player and is very athletic, however the Bills front seven has improved by leaps and bounds already during this offseason.

eyedog
04-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Im going to say my darkhorse is DE Phillip Merling

Not much of a d-horse as Harvey/Merling is a good possibility imo.

I'll go with Chris Williams - T- Vanderbilt.

DraftBoy
04-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Not much of a d-horse as Harvey/Merling is a good possibility imo.

Neither is really given our huge money spent at DE and since so many thing Harvey is some god compared to Merling Im not so sure.

hydro
04-03-2008, 09:26 AM

This would be worse than reaching for a player. We already have our tackles set.

venis2k1
04-03-2008, 09:32 AM
My darkhorse pick is Ryan Clady. I know we are seemingly set at tackle for years (assuming we can talk peters into signing the biggest contract in buffalo history next year). If we are unwilling to invest 60+ million in peters than Clady makes sense. Sean Kugler was Cladys O-line coach in 06, that offensive line opened holes for the sixth-ranked rushing attack in the country as the Broncos average 222.8 yards per game, running the same zone blockng scheme the bills currently run. 13-0 that year. Clady earned All-WAC honors.

Clady Would provied value at 11, give us an insurance policy/leverage against peters. Dont forget, Langston Walker has spent considerable time at Gaurd.

Not sayin its gonna happen, but thats my darkhorse pick.

eyedog
04-03-2008, 09:37 AM
This would be worse than reaching for a player. We already have our tackles set.

It's called "darkhorse"

eyedog
04-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Neither is really given our huge money spent at DE and since so many thing Harvey is some god compared to Merling Im not so sure.

I'd prefer Harvey but would not be disappointed with Merling.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-03-2008, 09:49 AM
As long as we get a WR and TE in the first three rounds I don't care.

Tatonka
04-03-2008, 10:45 AM
anything other than a WR is a darkhorse to me. a big pile of stinking darkhorse.

gr8slayer
04-03-2008, 10:47 AM
There's nothing "dark horse" about Rivers. He's the clear cut #1 LB in the draft.

The last buffalo fan
04-03-2008, 11:02 AM
I picked L.A. Playa! :bf1:

patmoran2006
04-03-2008, 11:34 AM
he was my guy until we signed Mitchell.
Now it wouldnt make sense; plus I think he'll be gone before 11 anyway so you wont have to worry about it.

i dont think we're going CB.. its either WR or Harvey if he's there (he may go to NE)

DraftBoy
04-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Well I still think we are going CB over WR in Round 1

The last buffalo fan
04-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Well I still think we are going CB over WR in Round 1

after trading down

Tatonka
04-03-2008, 12:53 PM
rivers is a darkhorse in the sense that i would be shocked if we drafted a LB. No one is saying that he is a sleeper. they are all 1st round picks.

X-Era
04-03-2008, 03:08 PM
There's nothing "dark horse" about Rivers. He's the clear cut #1 LB in the draft.

Definition please?

To me a darkhorse is someone who could be the pick at a position of lesser need. NOT a player picked higher than they should have been.

Oaf
04-03-2008, 03:23 PM
I believe Harvey would make more of an immediate impact than Rivers on our already bolstered front 7.

HHURRICANE
04-03-2008, 03:46 PM
I think the Bills will take Harvey and than comeback in the first and get a WR. They have pretty much done this 3 years in a row.

X-Era
04-03-2008, 05:31 PM
I think the Bills will take Harvey and than comeback in the first and get a WR. They have pretty much done this 3 years in a row.

I would have NO problem with that.

TigerJ
04-04-2008, 05:36 PM
after trading down

I think a trade down raises the odds the first round pick is a WR.

mayotm
04-04-2008, 05:44 PM

I keep looking at our offense and thinking we are going to be extremely mediocre if we don't get a WR and TE who can contribute immediately.Crowell is an UFA after next season. I don't think it's out of the question that the Bills take Rivers. My guess is that the Bills don't have a WR rated high enough on their draft board to take at 11. I would love for them to trade down and take a WR somewhere between 20 - 25. Obviously, they need a partner in that scenario. Also, wouldn't mind if they waited to take WR in second round where somebody like Manningham could be available. Both Sweed and Kelly seem to be slipping. So not inconceivable that one of them would be available.