• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Bills to adjust offense to match Edwards skill set

Hopefully all the lickers understand once and for all that Loseman is finsihed in Buffalo after reading this:

Bills put best foot forward

Short drops match Edwards’ skill set

By Mark Gaughan -- News Sports Reporter
    Updated: 04/03/08 11:36 AM

PALM BEACH, Fla. — The Buffalo Bills will shift to more quick throws and shorter, three-step drop-backs in their passing game this season, coach Dick Jauron says.

The adjustment in the offense is tailored both to Jauron’s preference and the strengths of quarterback Trent Edwards.

“I think we need to change up a little more in terms of our launch point,” Jauron said during the NFL owners meetings. “Get the ball out quicker, maybe more often. . . . I’d prefer the ball to come out — not to the degree that our opponents always know, but so they can’t just tee off on us.” .........

~The Answer

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills to adjust offense to match Edwards skill set

Dick , you should've thought of that when you were looking for an OC when you just got hired.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• gil
      • Mar 2005

That's some really trenchant analysis on the article there Einstein.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Translation: Dink and dunk

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Trent Norris for president!

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

"Jauron said, in so many words, he will be happy to have a wide-open offense, as long as he has the tools."
            “My offensive philosophy, if I have one, is to score,” Jauron said. “I don’t care how fast. I spent my time coaching defense, specifically that’s what I worked on, and I’ve never been on a defense that didn’t want to defend points. If you can put up 45 points [on offense], we’ll take every one of them, and we’ll defend them"

“We have to use play action. We have two good young quarterbacks with live arms."

Drum Roll..........

"There have been some games the past two years, particularly against strong opponents, in which Jauron has been forced to play a conservative, take-the-air- out-of-the-ball strategy in order to keep his defense off the field." Translation: playing not to get blown out.

OK, my interpretation is....
            1) We plan on being better on offense
            2) We plan on being better on defense
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
              Maybe an offense that's similar to what he had in Chicago with Miller? Not impressed but it's better than what we had in his 1st 2 years.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• The Answer
                The Plagiarist
                • Mar 2007

Fine with me - Studwards already proved he can win games doing it as opposed to throwing one deep completion per game and turning the ball over continuously like his predecessor.

Tom Brady has made a career of this type of offense and dinked and dunked his way to multiple NFL records last year.

~The Answer

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Answer
                  Fine with me - Studwards already proved he can win games doing it as opposed to throwing one deep completion per game and turning the ball over continuously like his predecessor.

Tom Brady has made a career of this type of offense and dinked and dunked his way to multiple NFL records last year.

~The Answer
                  NO thanks. Dink and dunk and we're back to Holcomb who was last seen in the unemployment line. Brady made a career with screen passes in the begining and has then evolved to being able to throw deep because they realize dink and dunk alone won't get you anywhere. Ask Chad Pennington.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

dink and dunk is a derogatory term that people who just want to see the long ball solve all their answers. How many superbowl teams have had explosive time control offenses that take time off the clock, wear down a defense and keep defenses guessing. Probably over 90%.

How many teams do well when the only pass in the arsenal that works is the bomb? not alot.

"we don't have the tools for JP to succeed!" Of course we don't. the NFLPA won't allow gophers to be hired to catch his worm burning screen passes. And with his "amazing athletism" he should have been able to deal with a shaky OL.

"But he was told to stand in the pocket! WAAAHHH!" so if he is being limited to stand in the pocket, he should have learned to make his reads quicker and get rid of the ball faster. But then again he can't make any of the passes in the 5-20 yard range without asking for receivers to over extend.

I can't wait til this season comes around and we can officially say goodbye to JP. Regardless of Trent's future ability, i am thoroughly sold that JP is done in Buffalo and subsequently throughout the league. He is starting his transition into the role of journeyman. No one wants to take a flyer on a guy who hasn't gotten it done. You can frame the stats however you want, but the film doesn't lie. He's an incapable leader who talks the talk, but gets rattled easily with different Defensive looks. No Coach whose job is dependant on his QB is going to take this project. It's too much of a risk. His time to succeed has come and gone, and then came back, and was taken away, only to come back in Jax and then he threw it away again.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                      dink and dunk is a derogatory term that people who just want to see the long ball solve all their answers..
                      I agree .You hear that TDummy? You're such a long ball lover.

How many superbowl teams have had explosive time control offenses that take time off the clock, wear down a defense and keep defenses guessing. Probably over 90%.

How many teams do well when the only pass in the arsenal that works is the bomb? not alot.

"we don't have the tools for JP to succeed!" Of course we don't. the NFLPA won't allow gophers to be hired to catch his worm burning screen passes. And with his "amazing athletism" he should have been able to deal with a shaky OL.

"But he was told to stand in the pocket! WAAAHHH!" so if he is being limited to stand in the pocket, he should have learned to make his reads quicker and get rid of the ball faster. But then again he can't make any of the passes in the 5-20 yard range without asking for receivers to over extend.

I can't wait til this season comes around and we can officially say goodbye to JP. Regardless of Trent's future ability, i am thoroughly sold that JP is done in Buffalo and subsequently throughout the league. He is starting his transition into the role of journeyman. No one wants to take a flyer on a guy who hasn't gotten it done. You can frame the stats however you want, but the film doesn't lie. He's an incapable leader who talks the talk, but gets rattled easily with different Defensive looks. No Coach whose job is dependant on his QB is going to take this project. It's too much of a risk. His time to succeed has come and gone, and then came back, and was taken away, only to come back in Jax and then he threw it away again.
                      Great, hijack a thread and turn it into another JP flaming thread and then deny it. Just start another thread.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        Maybe an offense that's similar to what he had in Chicago with Miller? Not impressed but it's better than what we had in his 1st 2 years.
                        As long as you take 3-4 shots downfield every game to keep the D honest that offense can work. TE has to show if the D presses him he can hit on around half of those shots. If he can't that style offense breaks down.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
                          As long as you take 3-4 shots downfield every game to keep the D honest that offense can work. TE has to show if the D presses him he can hit on around half of those shots. If he can't that style offense breaks down.
                          Word!
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

but your the one who refuses to see that trent is the guy at this point. the coaches want that. We have all seen that he has more to offer than JP. He shows that he has the basic skills that JP lacks. you refuse to get off JP being a starter. He hasn't done it. This thread is about giving the current offense with Trent as starter the reigns, so i'm not exactly hijacking it or being a hater.

And you liken the bills offense to being Jim Miller and the Bears. There is no reason to believe that any more than there is reason to believe JP will be the bills best chance to start.

I feel like i want to help you get over this nonsensical thought that JP is a starter onany NFL team. No amount of coaching is going to get through to him. yeah, i wanted to see him succeed. He knew going into last year that he had to get better than his 11th rating. He said he would, and he looked worse then ever. and the offense got better that year with a real RB, and a revamped line. He regressed. It's over. Justa, let us help you. Once you get past denile, everything will go much smoother in your recovery.

Plus this thread was started by The Answer who 9 out of 10 times makes a post to be inflammatory anyways.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

but your the one who refuses to see that trent is the guy at this point. .
                              I never said he is or isn't the guy. Where'd you read that BS? IMO, Trent isn't proven and he's isn't a bust either. The jury is still out on the guy. Only an idiot would be sold on the guy . I love his potential but excuse me if I'm not sold on him. There have been busts that have had a better rookie year.

We have all seen that he has more to offer than JP. .
                              WRONG! you've seen what JP has to offer under conditions that ANY QB would've failed.

He shows that he has the basic skills that JP lacks. you refuse to get off JP being a starter. .
                              More BS as well. I've always been an advocate of competiotion and may the best man win. I NEVER SAID THAT JP SHOULD START. I'd like to see what he can do if givent he same oppurtunities that the FO are giving Trent. Stop making up crap just so you can argue.

This thread is about giving the current offense with Trent as starter the reigns, so i'm not exactly hijacking it or being a hater..
                              MOre contradiction.
                              I can't wait til this season comes around and we can officially say goodbye to JP. Regardless of Trent's future ability, i am thoroughly sold that JP is done in Buffalo and subsequently throughout the league. He is starting his transition into the role of journeyman. No one wants to take a flyer on a guy who hasn't gotten it done. You can frame the stats however you want, but the film doesn't lie. He's an incapable leader who talks the talk, but gets rattled easily with different Defensive looks. No Coach whose job is dependant on his QB is going to take this project. It's too much of a risk. His time to succeed has come and gone, and then came back, and was taken away, only to come back in Jax and then he threw it away again...
                              Seriously, stop trying to turn this thread into a JP flaming thread and then deny tha that is what you are trying to do. Not even TDummy said anything bad about JP while you keep flaming away.

And you liken the bills offense to being Jim Miller and the Bears. .
                              wow, your reading and comprehension skills are mind boggling. I did liken it? I was asking if this is what Dick wants...notice the question mark?

Originally posted by justa
                              Maybe an offense that's similar to what he had in Chicago with Miller?.

I feel like i want to help you get over this nonsensical thought that JP is a starter onany NFL team. No amount of coaching is going to get through to him. yeah, i wanted to see him succeed. He knew going into last year that he had to get better than his 11th rating. He said he would, and he looked worse then ever. and the offense got better that year with a real RB, and a revamped line. He regressed. It's over. Justa, let us help you. Once you get past denile, everything will go much smoother in your recovery.

Plus this thread was started by The Answer who 9 out of 10 times makes a post to be inflammatory anyways.
                              why are getting on my case when it was TDummy that called it dink and dunk? Please, learn how to read.

Don't get on the Answers case either. You posted more JP flaming than he did. Talk about pot calling the kettle. Beside's he's a fellow JP hater like you are. Seems to me you haters are more obssesed about JP than us bills fans.
                              Last edited by justasportsfan; 04-03-2008, 02:14 PM.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X