PDA

View Full Version : Bills to adjust offense to match Edwards skill set

The Answer
04-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Hopefully all the lickers understand once and for all that Loseman is finsihed in Buffalo after reading this:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/314279.html

Bills put best foot forward

Short drops match Edwards’ skill set

<!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->By Mark Gaughan -- News Sports Reporter <!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->
Updated: 04/03/08 11:36 AM

PALM BEACH, Fla. — The Buffalo Bills will shift to more quick throws and shorter, three-step drop-backs in their passing game this season, coach Dick Jauron says.

The adjustment in the offense is tailored both to Jauron’s preference and the strengths of quarterback Trent Edwards.

“I think we need to change up a little more in terms of our launch point,” Jauron said during the NFL owners meetings. “Get the ball out quicker, maybe more often. . . . I’d prefer the ball to come out — not to the degree that our opponents always know, but so they can’t just tee off on us.” .........

~The Answer

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Dick , you should've thought of that when you were looking for an OC when you just got hired.

gil
04-03-2008, 12:55 PM
That's some really trenchant analysis on the article there Einstein.

TacklingDummy
04-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Translation: Dink and dunk

gr8slayer
04-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Trent Norris for president!

yordad
04-03-2008, 01:18 PM
"Jauron said, in so many words, he will be happy to have a wide-open offense, as long as he has the tools."
“My offensive philosophy, if I have one, is to score,” Jauron said. “I don’t care how fast. I spent my time coaching defense, specifically that’s what I worked on, and I’ve never been on a defense that didn’t want to defend points. If you can put up 45 points [on offense], we’ll take every one of them, and we’ll defend them"

“We have to use play action. We have two good young quarterbacks with live arms."

Drum Roll..........

"There have been some games the past two years, particularly against strong opponents, in which Jauron has been forced to play a conservative, take-the-air- out-of-the-ball strategy in order to keep his defense off the field." Translation: playing not to get blown out.

OK, my interpretation is....
1) We plan on being better on offense
2) We plan on being better on defense

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Maybe an offense that's similar to what he had in Chicago with Miller? Not impressed but it's better than what we had in his 1st 2 years.

The Answer
04-03-2008, 01:25 PM

Fine with me - Studwards already proved he can win games doing it as opposed to throwing one deep completion per game and turning the ball over continuously like his predecessor.

Tom Brady has made a career of this type of offense and dinked and dunked his way to multiple NFL records last year.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Fine with me - Studwards already proved he can win games doing it as opposed to throwing one deep completion per game and turning the ball over continuously like his predecessor.

Tom Brady has made a career of this type of offense and dinked and dunked his way to multiple NFL records last year.

~The Answer
NO thanks. Dink and dunk and we're back to Holcomb who was last seen in the unemployment line. Brady made a career with screen passes in the begining and has then evolved to being able to throw deep because they realize dink and dunk alone won't get you anywhere. Ask Chad Pennington.

trapezeus
04-03-2008, 01:30 PM
dink and dunk is a derogatory term that people who just want to see the long ball solve all their answers. How many superbowl teams have had explosive time control offenses that take time off the clock, wear down a defense and keep defenses guessing. Probably over 90%.

How many teams do well when the only pass in the arsenal that works is the bomb? not alot.

"we don't have the tools for JP to succeed!" Of course we don't. the NFLPA won't allow gophers to be hired to catch his worm burning screen passes. And with his "amazing athletism" he should have been able to deal with a shaky OL.

"But he was told to stand in the pocket! WAAAHHH!" so if he is being limited to stand in the pocket, he should have learned to make his reads quicker and get rid of the ball faster. But then again he can't make any of the passes in the 5-20 yard range without asking for receivers to over extend.

I can't wait til this season comes around and we can officially say goodbye to JP. Regardless of Trent's future ability, i am thoroughly sold that JP is done in Buffalo and subsequently throughout the league. He is starting his transition into the role of journeyman. No one wants to take a flyer on a guy who hasn't gotten it done. You can frame the stats however you want, but the film doesn't lie. He's an incapable leader who talks the talk, but gets rattled easily with different Defensive looks. No Coach whose job is dependant on his QB is going to take this project. It's too much of a risk. His time to succeed has come and gone, and then came back, and was taken away, only to come back in Jax and then he threw it away again.

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 01:36 PM
dink and dunk is a derogatory term that people who just want to see the long ball solve all their answers.. I agree .You hear that TDummy? You're such a long ball lover.

How many superbowl teams have had explosive time control offenses that take time off the clock, wear down a defense and keep defenses guessing. Probably over 90%.

How many teams do well when the only pass in the arsenal that works is the bomb? not alot.

"we don't have the tools for JP to succeed!" Of course we don't. the NFLPA won't allow gophers to be hired to catch his worm burning screen passes. And with his "amazing athletism" he should have been able to deal with a shaky OL.

"But he was told to stand in the pocket! WAAAHHH!" so if he is being limited to stand in the pocket, he should have learned to make his reads quicker and get rid of the ball faster. But then again he can't make any of the passes in the 5-20 yard range without asking for receivers to over extend.

I can't wait til this season comes around and we can officially say goodbye to JP. Regardless of Trent's future ability, i am thoroughly sold that JP is done in Buffalo and subsequently throughout the league. He is starting his transition into the role of journeyman. No one wants to take a flyer on a guy who hasn't gotten it done. You can frame the stats however you want, but the film doesn't lie. He's an incapable leader who talks the talk, but gets rattled easily with different Defensive looks. No Coach whose job is dependant on his QB is going to take this project. It's too much of a risk. His time to succeed has come and gone, and then came back, and was taken away, only to come back in Jax and then he threw it away again.

Great, hijack a thread and turn it into another JP flaming thread and then deny it. Just start another thread.

Bill Cody
04-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Maybe an offense that's similar to what he had in Chicago with Miller? Not impressed but it's better than what we had in his 1st 2 years.

As long as you take 3-4 shots downfield every game to keep the D honest that offense can work. TE has to show if the D presses him he can hit on around half of those shots. If he can't that style offense breaks down.

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 01:39 PM
As long as you take 3-4 shots downfield every game to keep the D honest that offense can work. TE has to show if the D presses him he can hit on around half of those shots. If he can't that style offense breaks down.Word!

trapezeus
04-03-2008, 01:45 PM
but your the one who refuses to see that trent is the guy at this point. the coaches want that. We have all seen that he has more to offer than JP. He shows that he has the basic skills that JP lacks. you refuse to get off JP being a starter. He hasn't done it. This thread is about giving the current offense with Trent as starter the reigns, so i'm not exactly hijacking it or being a hater.

And you liken the bills offense to being Jim Miller and the Bears. There is no reason to believe that any more than there is reason to believe JP will be the bills best chance to start.

I feel like i want to help you get over this nonsensical thought that JP is a starter onany NFL team. No amount of coaching is going to get through to him. yeah, i wanted to see him succeed. He knew going into last year that he had to get better than his 11th rating. He said he would, and he looked worse then ever. and the offense got better that year with a real RB, and a revamped line. He regressed. It's over. Justa, let us help you. Once you get past denile, everything will go much smoother in your recovery.

Plus this thread was started by The Answer who 9 out of 10 times makes a post to be inflammatory anyways.

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 02:01 PM
but your the one who refuses to see that trent is the guy at this point. . I never said he is or isn't the guy. Where'd you read that BS? IMO, Trent isn't proven and he's isn't a bust either. The jury is still out on the guy. Only an idiot would be sold on the guy . I love his potential but excuse me if I'm not sold on him. There have been busts that have had a better rookie year.

We have all seen that he has more to offer than JP. . WRONG! you've seen what JP has to offer under conditions that ANY QB would've failed.

He shows that he has the basic skills that JP lacks. you refuse to get off JP being a starter. . More BS as well. I've always been an advocate of competiotion and may the best man win. I NEVER SAID THAT JP SHOULD START. I'd like to see what he can do if givent he same oppurtunities that the FO are giving Trent. Stop making up crap just so you can argue.

This thread is about giving the current offense with Trent as starter the reigns, so i'm not exactly hijacking it or being a hater..

MOre contradiction.
I can't wait til this season comes around and we can officially say goodbye to JP. Regardless of Trent's future ability, i am thoroughly sold that JP is done in Buffalo and subsequently throughout the league. He is starting his transition into the role of journeyman. No one wants to take a flyer on a guy who hasn't gotten it done. You can frame the stats however you want, but the film doesn't lie. He's an incapable leader who talks the talk, but gets rattled easily with different Defensive looks. No Coach whose job is dependant on his QB is going to take this project. It's too much of a risk. His time to succeed has come and gone, and then came back, and was taken away, only to come back in Jax and then he threw it away again...

Seriously, stop trying to turn this thread into a JP flaming thread and then deny tha that is what you are trying to do. Not even TDummy said anything bad about JP while you keep flaming away.

And you liken the bills offense to being Jim Miller and the Bears. . wow, your reading and comprehension skills are mind boggling. I did liken it? I was asking if this is what Dick wants...notice the question mark?

Maybe an offense that's similar to what he had in Chicago with Miller?.

I feel like i want to help you get over this nonsensical thought that JP is a starter onany NFL team. No amount of coaching is going to get through to him. yeah, i wanted to see him succeed. He knew going into last year that he had to get better than his 11th rating. He said he would, and he looked worse then ever. and the offense got better that year with a real RB, and a revamped line. He regressed. It's over. Justa, let us help you. Once you get past denile, everything will go much smoother in your recovery.

Plus this thread was started by The Answer who 9 out of 10 times makes a post to be inflammatory anyways.

why are getting on my case when it was TDummy that called it dink and dunk? Please, learn how to read.

Don't get on the Answers case either. You posted more JP flaming than he did. Talk about pot calling the kettle. Beside's he's a fellow JP hater like you are. Seems to me you haters are more obssesed about JP than us bills fans.

TacklingDummy
04-03-2008, 02:07 PM
why are getting on my case when it was TDummy that called it dink and dunk? Please, learn how to read.

I just wanted to be the first one who said it.

TacklingDummy
04-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Not even TDummy said anything bad about JP while you keep flaming away.

I got nothing. :idunno:

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 02:10 PM
I got nothing. :idunno:

it was his turn to turn a thread into a JP flaming thread anyways. Up next, FTY.

TacklingDummy
04-03-2008, 02:13 PM
it was his turn to turn a thread into a JP flaming thread anyways. Up next, FTY.

Are you accusing me of turning threads into a JP ***** fest?

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Are you accusing me of turning threads into a JP ***** fest?

nope, Just that like Trap you're obssessed with hating on JP although you have done that. I can post a link if you want. ;)

TacklingDummy
04-03-2008, 02:20 PM
nope, Just that like Trap you're obssessed with hating on JP.

I call it criticizing. And I do it to Trent also. Just not to the same degree. But that will change if Trent falls flat on his face like Losman did.

And I wouldn't be talking about Losman if people didn't goat me into it.

But whenever there is criticism of Losman, there is always you, acehole, draz, djjim, around to protect him. :respect:

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 02:21 PM
But whenever there is criticism of Losman, there is always you, acehole, draz, djjim, around to protect him. :respect:
because we want whats best for the team. ;)

TacklingDummy
04-03-2008, 02:21 PM
I can post a link if you want. ;)

OK, im sure I was goated into it. Im almost positive I didn't take the first shot.

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 02:24 PM
OK, im sure I was goated into it. Im almost positive I didn't take the first shot.
haha! I'm sure you were even when you start the JP bashing thread, you were goated into it.

TacklingDummy
04-03-2008, 02:27 PM
haha! I'm sure you were even when you start the JP bashing thread, you were goated into it.

Starting them and turning other threads into a JP bash is 2 different things.

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Starting them and turning other threads into a JP bash is 2 different things.
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=149751&highlight=goated

TacklingDummy
04-03-2008, 02:31 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=149751&highlight=goated

:lmao: The thread was an April Fools joke and I added my own joke to it.

Personally I could careless if you, ace, draz, djjim and JP gang bang each other every night. As long as he produces on the field.

trapezeus
04-03-2008, 02:34 PM
i was picking up on TD's sarcasim. i knew he was just saying what he expected others to say.

And i forgot that your mention of Jim Miller and the Bears was an innocent question. i should have known you weren't alluding to the fact that the two QB's and offenses would be similar. I was way off base there.

I'd be all up for competition if i thought it'd serve some purpose. But why take away starting reps from a guy who needs them in practice and give them to a guy who is certainly unable to run time routes and a rythmn offense that requires ability to read defense? There is no question in the coaching staffs mind that Trent has more to offer. So let them give him what he needs.

You can dismiss my comments as flaming JP, but most people just agree with that. Perhaps JP couldn't suceed with what was given to him, but he shouldn't have been struggling as much as he did for 2 years like he did.

Thanks for defending the Answer. That was nobel of you. I think The Answer knows that he likes to stir up the boards with things like Poz is a bust and Holcomb for President. But I agree with him on the fact that JP is done.

You can call people haters if it makes you feel better, but you should just refer to them as people who've reviewed the facts and made a sound decision.

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 02:44 PM
i was picking up on TD's sarcasim. i knew he was just saying what he expected others to say.
. I doubt he was being sarcastic. He's not sold on Trent as well and has criticized Trent or our offense.

I'd be all up for competition if i thought it'd serve some purpose. But why take away starting reps from a guy who needs them in practice and give them to a guy who is certainly unable to run time routes and a rythmn offense that requires ability to read defense? .. equal oppurtunity. JP wasn't given the same oppurtunity that they are trying to give Trent. Like I said , I'd like to see what JP can do if he was given a decent chance to play under decent conditions.

If you are so sold on Trent then you shouldn't be scared about Jp taking the job from him.

There is no question in the coaching staffs mind that Trent has more to offer. So let them give him what he needs.. I don't disagree especially Turk but whether it's Dick or Turk they aren't exactly proven coahces who have been known to have awsome offenses. The jury is out on them too.

You can dismiss my comments as flaming JP, but most people just agree with that. .. can't blame us. Dick said something positive about both our qb's and yet you had to turn it into something negative for 1 qb. What do you expect us to think about your post?

Perhaps JP couldn't suceed with what was given to him, but he shouldn't have been struggling as much as he did for 2 years like he did. .. you're contradicting yourself with his comment.

Thanks for defending the Answer. That was nobel of you. I think The Answer knows that he likes to stir up the boards with things like Poz is a bust and Holcomb for President. But I agree with him on the fact that JP is done. .

I wasn't defending the Answer , I was pointing out that you were flamng him for the very same thing you are doing. It was more of the pot calling the kettle black.

You're flaming a fellow JP hater. Funny.

You can call people haters if it makes you feel better, but you should just refer to them as people who've reviewed the facts and made a sound decision.

reviewed only the facts that fits their argument. People with double standards. People who agree that JP wasn't put in a situation to flourish, people who agree that Fairchild is an idiot and then blame JP for failing.

But when Trents failures are pointed out, every excuse applies to him only. All of a sudden he's a rookie and the weather was at fault.

TacklingDummy
04-03-2008, 02:57 PM
I doubt he was being sarcastic. He's not sold on Trent as well and has criticized Trent or our offense.

It was sarcasm. Trent has alot to prove.

reviewed only the facts that fits their argument.

We all do it.

ddaryl
04-03-2008, 03:03 PM
I have no problem with dink and dunk ball... if you have recievers who can gain yds after the catch it can be explosive....

you stil ltake your shots down field, you just don't depend on it. With JP as QB we tend to depend more on the long bal which has a smaller success rate % and we put our D back on the filed sooner.

Trent does seem to be able to perfomr th equick 3 step drop better then JP and that is why I believe the Bills made Trent the starter

The Answer
04-03-2008, 03:10 PM
NO thanks. Dink and dunk and we're back to Holcomb who was last seen in the unemployment line. Brady made a career with screen passes in the begining and has then evolved to being able to throw deep because they realize dink and dunk alone won't get you anywhere. Ask Chad Pennington.

Holcomb was 4-4 in 2005, Loseman 1-7

Again more proof in which style of offense was more effective for this football team - not the JP to LEE crap that is for sure.

As much as I love Studwards, I know he will never have the opportunity to showcase his entire repetoire of passing unless we get a new head coach that plays that style of ball, and we don't have the receivers for that anyway right now.

But I do expect the young gun to thrive in an offense that will better utilize the RB's out of the backfield in the passing game, as well as the midrange playaction game. We will still see Edwards take shots downfield and be able to audible as well because the coaches trust his decision making and intelligence in the pocket.

~The Answer

Bill Cody
04-03-2008, 03:13 PM
It was sarcasm. Trent has alot to prove.

But what if he doesn't? Will there be another batch of amigoes ready to carry TE's water with a littany of excuses if he fails?:scratch: JP has some devoted lickers that even when he throws a half dozen one bouncers are quick to point out that a) they bounced but they were tight spirals b) the play calling sucked c) the OL sucked d) the defense failed again to shut out the opponent e) there was a gust of wind f) if Evans had just been a little taller he would have caught that fly pattern.

Oaf
04-03-2008, 03:20 PM
if you have recievers who can gain yds after the catch it can be explosive....

Where those at? We have Reed and Parrish, not Greg Jennings and Donald Driver.

Trent does seem to be able to perfomr th equick 3 step drop better then JP

Agreed there, although I don't believe that should make him the undisputed starter.

ddaryl
04-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Where those at? We have Reed and Parrish, not Greg Jennings and Donald Driver.

Agreed there, although I don't believe that should make him the undisputed starter.

WR's would need to come in from the draft. Big guys would do well in this type of offense because they can out stretch and shield defenders away from the ball.

Parrish IMO could be real explosive if we had other WR's that D's have to account for leaving parrish relatively alone.

I think trent gets the starters nod in camp, and beginning of the season. if he struggles a bunch like JP last year we could see a shake up, but that would not be a good thing IMO, because that means we sucked out of the gate.

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 03:27 PM
We all do it.not as badly as the JP haters.

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 03:28 PM
With JP as QB we tend to depend more on the long bal which has a smaller success rate % and we put our D back on the filed sooner.

my question is, who's responsible for that? the qb or the OC who calls in the plays?

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Holcomb was 4-4 in 2005, Loseman 1-7

BAck then I was for KH over JP. Question is, who has a job now and who is unemployed? Aha!

mybills
04-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Can't we all just accept that we'll have both QB's helping our team win this year?

trapezeus
04-03-2008, 03:33 PM
i'm not flaming The Answer. his role on this board is to be the instigator. I respect that. i find it funny, and i disagree with stuff that makes no sense to me. however, he's got the JP thing figured out.

Equal opportunity? Trent was a rookie and has had one shot at becoming starter. He did it. Losman has had 4 opportunities at it and has squandered them all. Why are the suppose to start this new season on equal footing? Losman is way ahead.

If the coaches say, "open competition" i don't care. I know Trent is going to win it. I just don't think it makes sense to take away from Trent's learning curve. He could still be a gigantic bust. But i'd take potential bust playing than known bust playing.

I didn't contradict myself by saying that perhaps JP didn't have an allstar team, but that still doesn't give him the right to have 3 seasons that all look exactly the same. with the exception of a stretch in 2006 where i thought he was actually getting it, if he struggles early, he will not gain any yards unless its garbage time.

I'm picking the items that support my case that JP has to go, but i also listen to your nonsense and answer them. I don't think you'll ever give up on JP. Kudos to you and your convictions.

I'm not making excuses for Trent. he does have a lot more to prove. His cold weather play was worrisome and as teams had more footage on him, he didn't perform as well. However, since fairchild and coaches is why JP didn't succeed, then i guess the same must hold true for Edwards. He just did better under the poor coaches.

And i find it odd that bad coaches can ruin QB's, but its not true in reverse. i think it could be true. That a bad QB could really screw over a coach. and since we have a rookie OC, let's not tarnish him with Losman. Let's give him a guy he wants.

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Can't we all just accept that we'll have both QB's helping our team win this year?
that's how I feel but we'd all be called a lickers by those who think you have to hate one and lick theother.

Bill Cody
04-03-2008, 03:38 PM

If JP could do that he'd be starting.

Bill Cody
04-03-2008, 03:40 PM
that's how I feel but we'd all be called a lickers by those who think you have to hate one and lick theother.

You're wrong. Noone claims to know why a licker licks.:snicker:

HHURRICANE
04-03-2008, 03:42 PM

Vic Carucci made a point of quoting Jauron as saying that JP can't handle a 3 step drop and that's something they absolutely want to do this year.

How are both QBs going to help if JP can't do something that the coaches want?

The Answer
04-03-2008, 03:42 PM
BAck then I was for KH over JP. Question is, who has a job now and who is unemployed? Aha!

He won't be unemployed much longer - and I can guarantee you that The Holcomb will see the field in 2008 before Loserman does.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 03:47 PM
i'm not flaming The Answer. his role on this board is to be the instigator. I respect that. i find it funny, and i disagree with stuff that makes no sense to me. however, he's got the JP thing figured out..

So why flame him? OH wait, he's clueless unless you share the same opinion. I get it :ill:

Equal opportunity? Trent was a rookie and has had one shot at becoming starter. He did it. Losman has had 4 opportunities at it and has squandered them all. Why are the suppose to start this new season on equal footing? Losman is way ahead... So what if JP is ahead in years? Trent would've been behind in years (if he isn't dead yet) if we drafted him when we drafted JP. Anyone who thinks JP was given every oppurtunity to succeed with a neglected OL and clueless coaching is clueless too.

If the coaches say, "open competition" i don't care. I know Trent is going to win it. I just don't think it makes sense to take away from Trent's learning curve. He could still be a gigantic bust. But i'd take potential bust playing than known bust playing.
then stop being so insecure about Jp by trying to flame JP every chance you get even when it isn't about him.

I didn't contradict myself by saying that perhaps JP didn't have an allstar team, but that still doesn't give him the right to have 3 seasons that all look exactly the same. with the exception of a stretch in 2006 where i thought he was actually getting it, if he struggles early, he will not gain any yards unless its garbage time.... not my fault you can't see the contradiction. You say he wasn't given an all star team and yet you expect him to succeeed? If you think Trent would've succeeded in those 3 season of clueless coaches and neglected OL, you're clueless.

I'm picking the items that support my case that JP has to go, but i also listen to your nonsense and answer them. I don't think you'll ever give up on JP. Kudos to you and your convictions. .you're obviously more clueless. You can't even agree with yourself.

I'm not making excuses for Trent. he does have a lot more to prove. His cold weather play was worrisome and as teams had more footage on him, he didn't perform as well. However, since fairchild and coaches is why JP didn't succeed, then i guess the same must hold true for Edwards. He just did better under the poor coaches. . depends on what you think made him better. Playing not to lose? definitely. Dinking and dunking was his forte even in college.

And i find it odd that bad coaches can ruin QB's, but its not true in reverse. i think it could be true. That a bad QB could really screw over a coach.. it goes both ways unless you're TD who thinks it goes only one way.

and since we have a rookie OC, let's not tarnish him with Losman. Let's give him a guy he wants. Seems to me that both Dick and AVP want JP also . So who's tarnishing who?

Again, I'm not sold on Turk either. Jury is still out on whether he knows his stuff. But hey you can believe him without any doubts. If he fails I wonder where your opinions will swing.

gr8slayer
04-03-2008, 03:58 PM
I call it criticizing. And I do it to Trent also. Just not to the same degree. But that will change if Trent falls flat on his face like Losman did.

And I wouldn't be talking about Losman if people didn't goat me into it.

:roflmao: Good joke!

acehole
04-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Edwards skill set..hmmm......ok the wr will all stand 2 feet away from trent and he can toss it to him with that arm strength...the they can run those plays in the rehab center where he will be most of the year....

Seriously everybody here agrees losemen is done here........

Right?

Hopefully all the lickers understand once and for all that Loseman is finsihed in Buffalo after reading this:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/314279.html

Bills put best foot forward

Short drops match Edwards’ skill set

<!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->By Mark Gaughan -- News Sports Reporter <!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->
Updated: 04/03/08 11:36 AM

PALM BEACH, Fla. — The Buffalo Bills will shift to more quick throws and shorter, three-step drop-backs in their passing game this season, coach Dick Jauron says.

The adjustment in the offense is tailored both to Jauron’s preference and the strengths of quarterback Trent Edwards.

“I think we need to change up a little more in terms of our launch point,” Jauron said during the NFL owners meetings. “Get the ball out quicker, maybe more often. . . . I’d prefer the ball to come out — not to the degree that our opponents always know, but so they can’t just tee off on us.” .........

~The Answer

feelthepain
04-03-2008, 04:33 PM

~The Answer

Tom Brady is hardly a dink and dunk QB.

Marvelous
04-03-2008, 04:33 PM
-IMO Lee Evans IS-NOT the perfect WR for Edwards. JP= YES, but Edwards doesn't use Evans on the bomb-go routes. I recall fantasy stock totaly falling after Edwards was inserted..
----IMO The perfect WR to compliment Edwards is as follows
-Moulds- err say 2001 Moulds. lost a step, but super clutch/reliable/great hands.
-Anquan Boldin-- reliable, not a super burner, but amazing after the catch.
-TJ Housh, same as Bolin(imo)

---ACT Josh Reed fits Trent Edwards perfectly now...I (as o' now) look at Lee Evans a lil differently. I love him, and own his throwback jersey but i wanna WIN more then keeping my favorites...

--I would trade Lee Evans to Cincy for TJ Housh in a second,,,or for Reggie Wayne...

-So my bottom line opinion is we need clutch over speed-go routes...I'm excited about Josh Reed this season... I bet he gets the respect of the fanbase that has been hating on him.. Myself NOT included since i like his reliability since he learned to become clutch.. And it's a bonafide FACT that Reed was clutch with Trent Edwards....You guys agree about Reed? Then we skip WR @#11 and go BPA or CB etc then go CB or WR in the 2nd etc...Draft time is almost here guys :):):)
:hug:

Philagape
04-03-2008, 04:40 PM
but Edwards doesn't use Evans on the bomb-go routes.

Except for the two bombs he completed to Evans, one of which was right on the money.

I recall fantasy stock totaly falling after Edwards was inserted..

Didn't have far to fall after he had four catches for 22 yards in the first two games combined

Marvelous
04-03-2008, 04:40 PM
??? Umm dude? Outside of Brady to Moss, Brady has hands DOWN been dink & dunk..He has always been notorious for hiting short slants and putting Kevin Faulk & all his TE's on the map..Look how awesome he's made Watson,Graham,Kyle Brady,Fauria,Evans,Faulk,Dillon,Ant Smith, etc etc etc...
--The Brady i watch/watched was a master at short routes....And that's what the dude you quoted meant..
~~SWEEP~

TacklingDummy
04-03-2008, 04:49 PM
:roflmao: Good joke!

No joke. I've said Trent played bad in those 2 bad weather games we had this year and he also threw 2 costly interceptions, 1 against Dallas and I believe the other was against the Ravens?

TacklingDummy
04-03-2008, 04:51 PM
--I would trade Lee Evans to Cincy for TJ Housh in a second,,,or for Reggie Wayne...

The only problem is the Colts and Bengals would never do it.

TacklingDummy
04-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Seriously everybody here agrees losemen is done here........

Right?

Wrong. I think he starts 4 games for the Bills this year.

The Answer
04-03-2008, 05:02 PM

Before last year he was most certainly a true 'dink and dunk' ball control QB - a very accurate, clutch one at that.

He has only begun to develop his deep passing game these last few years.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 05:04 PM
He won't be unemployed much longer - and I can guarantee you that The Holcomb will see the field in 2008 before Loserman does.

~The Answer
just like you guaranteed KH to beat Mcnabb for the job. We believe you . :snicker:

coastal
04-03-2008, 05:23 PM
How many steps did JP take whenever he chucked those stupid wide receiver screens?

So... exactly what is changing then?

feelthepain
04-03-2008, 06:43 PM
??? Umm dude? Outside of Brady to Moss, Brady has hands DOWN been dink & dunk..He has always been notorious for hiting short slants and putting Kevin Faulk & all his TE's on the map..Look how awesome he's made Watson,Graham,Kyle Brady,Fauria,Evans,Faulk,Dillon,Ant Smith, etc etc etc...
--The Brady i watch/watched was a master at short routes....And that's what the dude you quoted meant..
~~SWEEP~

Yeah, outside that.

trapezeus
04-03-2008, 08:37 PM
So why flame him? OH wait, he's clueless unless you share the same opinion. I get it :ill:

So what if JP is ahead in years? Trent would've been behind in years (if he isn't dead yet) if we drafted him when we drafted JP. Anyone who thinks JP was given every oppurtunity to succeed with a neglected OL and clueless coaching is clueless too.

then stop being so insecure about Jp by trying to flame JP every chance you get even when it isn't about him.

not my fault you can't see the contradiction. You say he wasn't given an all star team and yet you expect him to succeeed? If you think Trent would've succeeded in those 3 season of clueless coaches and neglected OL, you're clueless.

you're obviously more clueless. You can't even agree with yourself.

depends on what you think made him better. Playing not to lose? definitely. Dinking and dunking was his forte even in college.

it goes both ways unless you're TD who thinks it goes only one way.

Seems to me that both Dick and AVP want JP also . So who's tarnishing who?

Again, I'm not sold on Turk either. Jury is still out on whether he knows his stuff. But hey you can believe him without any doubts. If he fails I wonder where your opinions will swing.

Wow, i have a hard time even understanding what goes through your head. the fact that you can dismiss that JP is behind Trent and he has time on his side is bizarre. The fact you think that JP was bad as a result of poor players and that trent would have been as bad is nonsensical. we see the two work in the same system with the same players last year. Trent was better. Not an allstar by anymeans, but the things like moving the ball, trent did. He didn't need the bomb to get his yards. Therefore, having his familiarity with the system and his ability to move the ball suggests to me that the next step he takes is to start making the FG drives be TD drives. JP still has to master the art of having a drive that lasts more than 3 plays. Its either 3 and out or a bomb. not the way i want my offense run

And yes, i reserve the right to see what turk, trent and company do and then say, "they weren't successful and i don't see them being successful" or "they didn't do well, but i sense hope" or "wow, Justa must feel pretty let down that JP couldn't run this brilliant offense." I realize the last 8 years have people thinking that you got to be a war time president and stand by your thoughts even when your obviously wrong, but prior to 2000, people embraced learning. It's going to make a comeback though, so keep an eye out for it.

Philagape
04-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Anyone who throws better passes and makes better decisions would do better under any circumstances.

TigerJ
04-04-2008, 04:20 PM
It turns out when Jauron arrived in Buffalo, he really didn't have much of an offensive line. He had a QB who ultimately proved he wasn't a viable starter in the NFL, and he tried to implement a defense that didn't match the personnel we had, personnel that wasn't very good as it turns out. I think overall he's moving in the right direction though he's had a couple of wrong turns along the way. I think the personnel situation is much improved, with fewer high priced under performing veterans. We're younger, but not inexperienced and we've got relatively few holes heading into the draft. We've got some continuity going on offensive line. I think we have some team cohesiveness. Even though Jauron is talking about doing something a little different on offense, he's got an offensive coordinator who was with the team, who knows the terminology the Bills have used and probably won't be changing it. Even though there will be a philosophical shift, the players won't have to learn a whole new system. Schonert is simply going to do some adding to and subtracting from the system the players already know. It's all good, but it still needs to translate to productivity on the field.

justasportsfan
04-04-2008, 05:01 PM
He had a QB who ultimately proved he wasn't a viable starter in the NFL, and he tried to implement a defense that didn't match the personnel we had, personnel that wasn't very good as it turns out. .
Tiger , he brought in an OC who was supposed to bring in a downfield scheme but didn't have the personnel to do it as well. Do you think that Bennie Anderson and co. were the right personnel to do so? As far as the long ball goes, JP and Lee were the best at it in 06. Teams realized that and Fairchild had no answer when D's took Lee out.

Established qb's like Peyton and Palmer have the ability to go deep because they have an OL that holds up and more weapons than just 1 wr.

im4bflo
04-04-2008, 05:05 PM
so the whole team has to play like second stringers? :snicker2: