PDA

View Full Version : Well Cincy might be looking hard at WR's now

ddaryl
04-03-2008, 03:20 PM
With Chad Johnson yelpin and Chris Henry released it looks very much like the Bengals will need to really re-think their draft strategy.

If the bengals want a WR they might be willing to trade down from #9 and get their WR later in similiar fashion to what some of us think the Bills might do... Which might force the Bills to stay put at #11, or maybe Cincy stays put takes a WR instead and another top player falls to us.

I think the Chris Henry debacle could change the face of the draft some

The Answer
04-03-2008, 03:56 PM
With Chad Johnson yelpin and Chris Henry released it looks very much like the Bengals will need to really re-think their draft strategy.

If the bengals want a WR they might be willing to trade down from #9 and get their WR later in similiar fashion to what some of us think the Bills might do... Which might force the Bills to stay put at #11, or maybe Cincy stays put takes a WR instead and another top player falls to us.

I think the Chris Henry debacle could change the face of the draft some

No way they are taking a receiver at #9, and if they want to take Kelly that high than let them.

Lewis is on the hotseat and needs to improve the defense big time in 2008 or he's done in Cinci, so logic tells me that he will look defense on day one.

~The Answer

Night Train
04-03-2008, 04:11 PM
I think picking one at #11 is a reach and hope we trade down if possible. I can't see anyone at WR worth the #9 pick. I'm sure Cinci will be looking for one in Round 2.

BTW - Doesn't it seem like 6,7 teams in the top 11 wish to bail out and pick up extra picks ? Kind of indicates the actual amount of blue chippers ends after the top 4,5 guys.

tampabay25690
04-03-2008, 04:19 PM
LET THEM. THERE is no WR worth taking at 9 or even 11. There is way to much talent there to go for a WR. THERE DEFENSE sucks anyway...

FlyingDutchman
04-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Did anyone catch that Chad Johnson interview on ESPN last night? It was awkward as hell, and he doesnt sound like hes comin back the the bengals

FlyingDutchman
04-03-2008, 05:28 PM
found it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP7Cse5ab_U

patmoran2006
04-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Ellis, Rivers or a top flight corner. Thats who Cinci will take

Jaybird
04-03-2008, 08:00 PM
they will draft someone on D

Midwesternbillsfan
04-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Ellis, Rivers or a top flight corner. Thats who Cinci will take

I agree w/you regarding the first two; Ellis and Rivers are viable options for Cincinnati. But they decidedly won't take a CB in the 1st (again); they've spent their last two first-round picks on CB's: Jonathan Joseph in 2006 and Leon Hall last year.

trapezeus
04-03-2008, 08:41 PM
isn't the bengals biggest problem at LB? i didn't pay attention to their free agency picks, but did they take a LB there? I assume they keep bolstering the defense. they could score points last year, but their defense just let them down all the time.

Philagape
04-03-2008, 09:15 PM
isn't the bengals biggest problem at LB? i didn't pay attention to their free agency picks, but did they take a LB there? I assume they keep bolstering the defense. they could score points last year, but their defense just let them down all the time.

When they played us, I remember thinking that was the worst defensive performance I've ever seen in my life. If there's such a thing as negative pass rush, they had it.

PECKERWOOD
04-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Rivers would look great in a Bengals uniform.

Mitchy moo
04-03-2008, 09:55 PM
This is just more T.O. type attention that Ocho wants to draw to himself, it's a ego feeding thing. After hearing this, Cinci can keep this baby.

don137
04-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Cinci has multiple needs so they are definitely a candidate to trade down. They need defensive help everywhere. I see them going after someone like Darrell Jackson now that Henry is cut. I think they would be crazy to go offense with any of their day one picks.

ddaryl
04-04-2008, 08:53 AM
I agree that grabbing a WR at #9 would be a bigger reach then the Bills doing so at #11

however if Cincy now changes their draft strategy to a trade down philosophy to parlay picks like many of us expect the Bills to do then we could lose our potential trade down partner.

but it seems the consensus here is Cincy stays put and shores up their ****ty D.

Pinkerton Security
04-04-2008, 09:15 AM
This is just more T.O. type attention that Ocho wants to draw to himself, it's a ego feeding thing. After hearing this, Cinci can keep this baby.

he def is an attention-monger, but at least he says he is going to play hard and show up. i legitimately feel like he is trying to better his team, whether his motives are correct or not. cincy reminds me of buffalo in that they are a small market team whose owner does not love to open his pocket book, and i think thats what chad may be trying to play at.

justasportsfan
04-04-2008, 10:02 AM
When they played us, I remember thinking that was the worst defensive performance I've ever seen in my life. .

Actually the fins game was just as bad. Jackson running for 115 yards and getting torched for 4 td's but only 165 yards.

Back to topic, they don't need to use their 9th pick on a wr to replace their no 3. They can use a 2nd or third in a deep wr draft to do so unlesss they lose Chad as well which I don't think they will know until camp starts. By then it will be too late.

ddaryl
04-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Back to topic, they don't need to use their 9th pick on a wr to replace their no 3. They can use a 2nd or third in a deep wr draft to do so unlesss they lose Chad as well which I don't think they will know until camp starts. By then it will be too late.

IMO They will need to find a replacement #2 and #3

Yes Johnson might still show up in Cincy, but then again why would they want him... the dude has issues, so even if he stays they have to be planning ahead for his probable departure.

justasportsfan
04-04-2008, 10:41 AM
IMO They will need to find a replacement #2 and #3

Yes Johnson might still show up in Cincy, but then again why would they want him... the dude has issues, so even if he stays they have to be planning ahead for his probable departure. the Chad problem won't be ironed out until camp starts unless they decide before draft day that they will part will Chad. Only then can I see them using their 9th pick on a wr. Otherwise they use it on a D player which is the biggest problem prior to the Henry and possible Chad problem.