PDA

View Full Version : Edwards to work with 3 step this season per sirrius.

HHURRICANE
04-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Jauron told Sirrius that only Edwards was able to work with a 3 step drop. Went out of his way to say this is something Losman can't do. They are really intent on moving up the speed of the offense.

HHURRICANE
04-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Also made a point of saying that Royal was completely underutilized and had the lowest catch per 4 receiver set of any team in the league.

FlyingDutchman
04-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Wasnt this the plan with JP last year?

HHURRICANE
04-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Didn't see the Buffalo news thread. Merge if necessary!!

HHURRICANE
04-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Wasnt this the plan with JP last year?

I thought the big thing last year was having 5 receiver sets and giving JP more time to throw the ball downfield.

Fairchild didn't expect every team to cover Evans.

bigbub2352
04-03-2008, 03:52 PM
I am scared of the TUrk, we need weapons, it will be a mistake for this team to draft D in the first rd

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Jauron told Sirrius that only Edwards was able to work with a 3 step drop. Went out of his way to say this is something Losman can't do. They are really intent on moving up the speed of the offense.

“We have to run it, and we have to run it to throw it,” Jauron said. “We have to use play action. We have two good young quarterbacks with live arms. They can get the ball out quick and be accurate and get it down the field. We have some speed. So we have to take advantage of all those things.” .

Bills coach Dick Jauron envisions an offense with a faster tempo and more three-step drops. He thinks such an approach will help out his offensive line while playing to the strengths of his quarterbacks. "It makes sense for a lot of reasons," Jauron said. "Trent [Edwards] does get the ball out quickly. J.P. [Losman] can get it out quickly and be accurate. It will help our offensive line. It will change the tempo of the game.".

:huh:

Either Dick is lying or HH is twisting his words.

gr8slayer
04-03-2008, 03:59 PM

HH is twisting his words, naturally.

mayotm
04-03-2008, 06:04 PM
If anything, Jauron has gone out of his way to state the Bills have two young QB's that they like. He hasn't one time said anything negative about JP. Not his style.

HHURRICANE
04-03-2008, 06:51 PM

Your calling Vic Carucci a liar, not me. He talked to him at the owners meetings.

Vic Carucci also reported that Ralph wasn't at the owners meetings. Did you know that?

It's always a lie when it's anti-Losman.

SquishDaFish
04-04-2008, 07:19 AM
I just read it and in no way is he talking down about JP. So stop with your bashing

HHURRICANE
04-04-2008, 07:25 AM
I just read it and in no way is he talking down about JP. So stop with your bashing

What did you read?? Carucci talked with Jauron and said this on Sirrius.

Ironically, he mentioned it again last night but just said that they are confident that Edwards can handle a 3 step drop and why.

The idea that they feel they can do more with Edwards is a fact. There is no QB competition this year.

justasportsfan
04-04-2008, 09:42 AM
What did you read?? Carucci talked with Jauron and said this on Sirrius.

Ironically, he mentioned it again last night but just said that they are confident that Edwards can handle a 3 step drop and why.

The idea that they feel they can do more with Edwards is a fact. There is no QB competition this year.
your first post said "Dick said it on sirrius" and not Vic . Either Carrucci is twisting Dicks words or Dick is dicking us around. BAsed on the quotes I provided, Dick says different.

Vic has flipflopped on Losman. So I honestly don't believe him.

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Vic Carucci also reported that Ralph wasn't at the owners meetings. Did you know that?
Wait back up. WHAT?

I didn't know that! Isn't that sort of big news to us?

Pinkerton Security
04-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Your calling Vic Carucci a liar, not me. He talked to him at the owners meetings.

It's always a lie when it's anti-Losman.

ralph cant fly anymore because the force of the takeoff will make his skin fall off of his bones. and madden wouldnt let him take the Cruiser.

Gunzlingr
04-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Wait back up. WHAT?

Even I knew that. It was in one of the articles about Ralphy and Mike Brown being right about the CBA. At the end of the article it stated that Ralph has his executives at the owners meeting in his stead.

justasportsfan
04-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Wait back up. WHAT?

Like thats even relevant to what Dick supposedly said . :idunno:

kgun12
04-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Edwards to work with 3 step this season, still can only throw the ball 20 yards! Alex Van Pelt said it was OK, he made a career as a back up with the same arm strength!

RELAX :jk: :couch:

Jan Reimers
04-04-2008, 11:34 AM
ralph cant fly anymore because the force of the takeoff will make his skin fall off of his bones. and madden wouldnt let him take the Cruiser.
Classically good stuff!

Philagape
04-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Edwards to work with 3 step this season, still can only throw the ball 20 yards! Alex Van Pelt said it was OK, he made a career as a back up with the same arm strength!

RELAX :jk: :couch:

At least you know it's a joke. Some still seem to really believe that.

kgun12
04-04-2008, 12:01 PM
At least you know it's a joke. Some still seem to really believe that.

I'm not a fan of TE and I'm not sure I believe it either, but he is our QB so I can only hope!

Pinkerton Security
04-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Classically good stuff!

well honestly, the guy is how old?? Would you expect your 90 year old grandmother to fly all over the US? And Ralph looks very frail, even for an 90 year old man. I am fine with him having people go in his stead.

Typ0
04-05-2008, 07:47 AM
I thought the big thing last year was having 5 receiver sets and giving JP more time to throw the ball downfield.

Fairchild didn't expect every team to cover Evans.

that's when the plays were ran. The fact is, JP has not figured out how to read an NFL defense hence he can't audible and he can't adjust to getting rid of the ball quickly and accuratly for consistency. The only thing he had a chance at was dropping back and lunging the ball downfield in hopes one of his guys would catch it. That's his game we've been watching since the second he was drafted and there has been no improvement. These guys have to do a lot of things well to be successful. They have to be a threat in several areas of the game. Anything else and your offense is bad.

It's nice to be optimistic he could turn that around...but at what point do you accept it's time to move on?

HHURRICANE
04-05-2008, 08:23 AM
your first post said "Dick said it on sirrius" and not Vic . Either Carrucci is twisting Dicks words or Dick is dicking us around. BAsed on the quotes I provided, Dick says different.

Vic has flipflopped on Losman. So I honestly don't believe him.

I re-read my thread and I should have said that Carucci reported on sirrius that Jauron said...

To be frank you spend half your time on this board trying to dis-credit my posts because you can't come up with anything original on your own. I'll take it as a compliment.

justasportsfan
04-05-2008, 10:10 AM
I re-read my thread and I should have said that Carucci reported on sirrius that Jauron said...

To be frank you spend half your time on this board trying to dis-credit my posts because you can't come up with anything original on your own. I'll take it as a compliment.Now you know why I doubt your report.

Don't flatter yourself. I only repond to your posts to show how rEdiculous they are. Your posts are up there with ~the answers.

justasportsfan
04-05-2008, 10:18 AM
that's when the plays were ran. The fact is, JP has not figured out how to read an NFL defense hence he can't audible and he can't adjust to getting rid of the ball quickly and accuratly for consistency. The only thing he had a chance at was dropping back and lunging the ball downfield in hopes one of his guys would catch it. That's his game we've been watching since the second he was drafted and there has been no improvement. These guys have to do a lot of things well to be successful. They have to be a threat in several areas of the game. Anything else and your offense is bad.

It's nice to be optimistic he could turn that around...but at what point do you accept it's time to move on?
you can't run a 5 wr sets and expect to go downfield when your OL can't block if Ralph Wilson was rushing the qb.It's that simple . They needed TE's to help them out. Why do you think they brought in blocking instead of catching TE's ?

HHURRICANE
04-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Now you know why I doubt your report.

Don't flatter yourself. I only repond to your posts to show how rEdiculous they are. Your posts are up there with ~the answers.

You need to get a life...seriously.

You are the one who posted on games last year that you didn't even watch.

My thread changed how? You are calling Carucci a liar. That's pretty funny.

justasportsfan
04-05-2008, 10:26 AM
You need to get a life...seriously.

You are the one who posted on games last year that you didn't even watch.I have a wonderful life thank you. You are thinking about wys. I watched every game and watched 3 games live at the stadium. Goes to show you how clueless you are.

My thread changed how? You are calling Carucci a liar. That's pretty funny.
No, I wasn't calling Vic a liar. Just that you can't report properly. You just admitted that you need to change the initial post. Duh!

then again, I also take Vic's article with a grain of salt. The guy flipflops depending on the results.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2008, 10:28 AM
I have a wonderful life thank you. You are thinking about wys. I watched every game and watched 3 games live at the stadium. Goes to show you how clueless you are.

No, I wasn't calling Vic a liar. Just that you can't report properly. You just admitted that you need to change the initial post. Duh!

You are a liar. I caught you last year admitting that you didn't watch a game that you were commenting on. It was you. At least I can admit my mistakes.

Nice try.

justasportsfan
04-05-2008, 10:34 AM
You are a liar. I caught you last year admitting that you didn't watch a game that you were commenting on. It was you. At least I can admit my mistakes.

Nice try.

I tape every game even the ones I went to and re watched them when I get home. Even if I didn't watch them live on tv I watched the taped ones which still means I watched it.

Typ0
04-05-2008, 10:35 AM
you can't run a 5 wr sets and expect to go downfield when your OL can't block if Ralph Wilson was rushing the qb.It's that simple . They needed TE's to help them out. Why do you think they brought in blocking instead of catching TE's ?

right...exactly why they were screwed with JP. He didn't have time to set up the hail mary and he couldn't do anything else.

justasportsfan
04-05-2008, 10:40 AM
right...exactly why they were screwed with JP. He didn't have time to set up the hail mary and he couldn't do anything else.

haha! JP and Evans were the best at the deep ball in 06. IT's a fact. So it's his fault that they didn't bring in more help to build on 06. YUp, thats JP's fault. The FO is blameless.

TYpo, JP was given a deep ball playbook by Fairchild. Not dink and dunk which was Trents training with Walsh. JP was immeresed in that playbook during offseason. NOt his fault that he tried to run it without the right personnel.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2008, 10:42 AM
I tape every game even the ones I went to and re watched them when I get home. Even if I didn't watch them live on tv I watched the taped ones which still means I watched it.

Maybe you watched every game but you admitted last year to commenting on a game that you hadn't yet seen. Same thing.

I'll tell you what. No one on this board enjoys or wants to watch us banter back and forth on this. You do this with several people on here and I'm not doing this anymore.

I post threads for entertainment and discussion. Not to prove I'm right. Heck, I was wrong on JP and spent alot time defending myself against SAB and TD.

The difference is that I let my eyes dictate my opinion. JP had my full support going into 2007. He blew it.

Trent has my full support in 2008. If he plays like JP did to start the season he'll be getting the exact same beat down.

justasportsfan
04-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Maybe you watched every game but you admitted last year to commenting on a game that you hadn't yet seen. Same thing.

I'll tell you what. No one on this board enjoys or wants to watch us banter back and forth on this. You do this with several people on here and I'm not doing this anymore.

I post threads for entertainment and discussion. Not to prove I'm right. Heck, I was wrong on JP and spent alot time defending myself against SAB and TD.

The difference is that I let my eyes dictate my opinion. JP had my full support going into 2007. He blew it.

Trent has my full support in 2008. If he plays like JP did to start the season he'll be getting the exact same beat down.NOw you're changing your tune just like you had to had to correct your intitial post .

If I see something wrong with anyones post I'll give my opinion. That's what a MB is all about. I've responded to other posters posts more than yours so don't flatter yourself. There are way better haters posts than yours that make sense.

Jan Reimers
04-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends. . .

justasportsfan
04-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends. . .
I can support both qb's. Others here feel that we have to hate one even though both are still bills players.

JP who is still a bills and embraced the city is getting more bashed than Willis. :coocoo:

HHURRICANE
04-05-2008, 11:06 AM
I can support both qb's. Others here feel that we have to hate one even though both are still bills players.

JP who is still a bills and embraced the city is getting more bashed than Willis. :coocoo:

Who do you think should be starting this coming season?

Typ0
04-05-2008, 11:06 AM

JP doesn't nearly get bashed as much as the imbecils who continue to insist he's ever done anything that warrants starting on an NFL team. It just happens that JPs name is at the center of all the banter. JP has been great in the community and he's had a great attitude on the field and off in terms of football. He's also got a plethora of physical talent. What he doesn't have is the mentality to play the game. It's the people that don't see his faults that are getting bashed and that whole dialogue is what gets tiriing.

Typ0
04-05-2008, 11:08 AM
if only community service and great attitude won football games...we'd be all set.

acehole
04-05-2008, 11:12 AM

Just another in a long line of see jp sucks here is the article threads ...Read the article and nothing was said remotly like that....

HAters

One thing I will say about the article the 3 and 5 step drop are usually for oline problems...good thing we spent a billion on o linmen so they can hold a block for 4 seconds....

acehole
04-05-2008, 11:13 AM
if only community service and great attitude won football games...we'd be all set.

If only is josh reed were 1 foot taller and 1 second faster..... then we would...

Typ0
04-05-2008, 11:21 AM
If only is josh reed were 1 foot taller and 1 second faster..... then we would...

excuse monger. Everything except the source and person responsible is at fault.

justasportsfan
04-05-2008, 11:24 AM
JP doesn't nearly get bashed as much as the imbecils who continue to insist he's ever done anything that warrants starting on an NFL team. It just happens that JPs name is at the center of all the banter. JP has been great in the community and he's had a great attitude on the field and off in terms of football. He's also got a plethora of physical talent. What he doesn't have is the mentality to play the game. It's the people that don't see his faults that are getting bashed and that whole dialogue is what gets tiriing.

Imbecils? Yet we're the ones who ruin this board. Cmon typo, I thought your were better than that. Guess not.

These imbecils realize JP was short changed. The players and coaches seem to think so. Sorry if we imbecils believe the coaches and not you fine posters who know more than the coaches and players themselves.

Typ0
04-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Let's see. If JP throws the ball a foot over Reeds head it's Reeds fault for not being a foot taller. But the wrong plays and scheme were put in for JP anyway so he can't succeed. Does JP have to throw the ball a foot lower so it can be caught? No. Does JP have to run a basic play in the way it's design despite it's not the bomb? No.

Typ0
04-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Imbecils? Yet we're the ones who ruin this board. Cmon typo, I thought your were better than that. Guess not.

These imbecils realize JP was short changed. The players and coaches seem to think so. Sorry if we imbecils believe the coaches and not you fine posters who know more than the coaches and players themselves.

if the coaches realize JP was short changed then why didn't/don't they fix the problem? They don't realize anything like that at all. What they realize is JP has been playing four years, three of them as a rookie, and that he still plays like a rookie. There has been little growth and progress in the area of running the game effectively and making good decisions. That's what they realize.

And I never said you were ruining the boards.

justasportsfan
04-05-2008, 11:34 AM
if the coaches realize JP was short changed then why didn't/don't they fix the problem? If you stay tuned they will also be bringing in more offensive weapons for both qb's. They can't do it all in one season. 1st year were the db's. Last year OL and now DL and I think draft will be weapons.

They don't realize anything like that at all. What they realize is JP has been playing four years, three of them as a rookie, and that he still plays like a rookie. There has been little growth and progress in the area of running the game effectively and making good decisions. That's what they realize. your opinion. Like I said , I'd rather go with the opinion of the players and coaches .

FYI, the facts PROVE that Lynch runs better when JP is the qb. So I don't know why you dragged the running game into this.

And I never said you were ruining the boards.you didn't have to say it, imbecils aren't good for any mb.

Typ0
04-05-2008, 11:39 AM
If you stay tuned they will also be bringing in more offensive weapons for both qb's. They can't do it all in one season. 1st year were the db's. Last year OL and now DL and I think draft will be weapons.

your opinion. Like I said , I'd rather go with the opinion of the players and coaches .

FYI, the facts PROVE that Lynch runs better when JP is the qb. So I don't know why you dragged the running game into this.

maybe you should learn to read. I said running the game not the running game. And if they thought the way you suggest then why did they even put time into TE last season instead of letting JP grow? It's pretty clear to 90% of the population at this point JP never grew...he was either stagnating or getting worse consistently. Maybe you can explain, why with the same weak "weapons" JP couldn't at least stagnate and he got worse.

justasportsfan
04-05-2008, 11:42 AM
maybe you should learn to read. I said running the game not the running game. And if they thought the way you suggest then why did they even put time into TE last season instead of letting JP grow? It's pretty clear to 90% of the population at this point JP never grew...he was either stagnating or getting worse consistently. Maybe you can explain, why with the same weak "weapons" JP couldn't at least stagnate and he got worse.
my bad. Nevertheless, you can't expect anyone to run the game when you have an idiot calling the shots and no weapons to go with a neglected OL. It's simple common sense. Why do you think they are looking for more weapons for trent? Why do you think they overpaid for OL players? because they know Trent won't succeed just like JP . It's a work in progress and you can't expect anyone to succeed when it it's.

If you move into a building thats still being constructed there will be people who will get hurt. The qb office is located underneath where debris fall.

Trent would've never grown if we drafted him 4 years ago if he isn't dead yet with that horrid OL . Care to disagree?

Typ0
04-05-2008, 11:56 AM
my bad. Nevertheless, you can't expect anyone to run the game when you have an idiot calling the shots and no weapons to go with a neglected OL. It's simple common sense. Why do you think they are looking for more weapons for trent? Why do you think they overpaid for OL players? because they know Trent won't succeed just like JP . It's a work in progress and you can't expect anyone to succeed when it it's.

If you move into a building thats still being constructed there will be people who will get hurt. The qb office is located underneath where debris fall.

Trent would've never grown if we drafted him 4 years ago if he isn't dead yet with that horrid OL . Care to disagree?

the offensive coaching has been identified as part of the problem and it has been replaced. The OLine has been identified as part of the problem and it has been replaced. JP has been identified as part of the problem and he has been replaced.

justasportsfan
04-05-2008, 11:58 AM
the offensive coaching has been identified as part of the problem and it has been replaced. The OLine has been identified as part of the problem and it has been replaced. JP has been identified as part of the problem and he has been replaced.
Trent or any rookie qb would've been part of the problem and replaced if the two first problems weren't identified and replaced . Simple common sense.

YardRat
04-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Trent or any rookie qb would've been part of the problem and replaced if the two first problems weren't identified and replaced . Simple common sense.

The issue is both QB's had the same o-line and the same coaches to work with last year and JP couldn't out-play a rookie.

That is a problem for the QB, and nobody else.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2008, 01:53 PM
The issue is both QB's had the same o-line and the same coaches to work with last year and JP couldn't out-play a rookie.

Totally agree.

I am glad that Fairchild is gone but I also watched a rookie have an easier time reading defenses than a 4th year veteran. He also stood in the pocket and was able to make the throws that JP would panic and scramble on.

People want us to not realize that we actually watched this with our own eyes.

Typ0
04-05-2008, 03:39 PM

but Trent wasn't replaced was he?

acehole
04-06-2008, 08:30 AM
excuse monger. Everything except the source and person responsible is at fault.

Josh reed sucks and you know it.

He would not make most teams rosters,

acehole
04-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Let's see. If JP throws the ball a foot over Reeds head it's Reeds fault for not being a foot taller. But the wrong plays and scheme were put in for JP anyway so he can't succeed. Does JP have to throw the ball a foot lower so it can be caught? No. Does JP have to run a basic play in the way it's design despite it's not the bomb? No.

No did not say anything like this.

Just smart enough to know..it takes more then a qb and WR to score.

Scoring mean winning.

You eyes see he can't run a basic play...that is fine.

My eyes see Lee Doubled...reed covered....no Tight End in pattern... no rb in pattern Lb's blitz because we project our we are passing every time we do ...no options.. play breaks down....end of play.

You see he is not smart enough...that the easy answer.

I see the rest.

You think JP sucks...I am fine with that.

You and posters like you are all over the Draft Wr threads ....and sign the DJ hacket threads....and Get Ben Trope theads...and now we all see that fairchild sucks....and statisically horrible on deffense.....and still piont the finger at JP for everything.I am tired of it it is ill informed. Does jp share some of the blame....sure. He never had the talent to overcome all that crap...my piont was few qb's do. I dont want to keep these jp threads alive but the bashing is a bit much.

acehole
04-06-2008, 08:47 AM
but Trent wasn't replaced was he?

Trent with this current offensive roster...will eventually fail.

Scheme alone might be account for a slightly better offense now that Fairchild is gone.......but I would not want to go the big game with who we had and expect to win it all....

Does anybody believe that inserting Trend alone will make reach the superbowl?

Jan Reimers
04-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Yes, and I believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy, too.

acehole
04-06-2008, 09:08 AM

Yet had better stats...go figure.

acehole
04-06-2008, 02:48 PM

Easier put for you to understand.......

We would have won some games if we scored once.....

We lost some by very small margins....

In a game of inches a foot in the redzone is a yard...

Ponder that one...

Typ0
04-06-2008, 03:19 PM
My eyes see Lee Doubled...

I challenge you to go back and find five times last season Lee Evans was double teamed. You made the assertion like you were some pro. I'm here to tell you are seeing only what you want to see because you want the team to succeed so badly it clearly is clouding your vision. Evans never drew double coverage and defenses never had any respect for our passing game because be it TE or JP we had a rookies brain at QB.

Typ0
04-06-2008, 03:21 PM
No did not say anything like this.

Just smart enough to know..it takes more then a qb and WR to score.

Scoring mean winning.

You eyes see he can't run a basic play...that is fine.

My eyes see Lee Doubled...reed covered....no Tight End in pattern... no rb in pattern Lb's blitz because we project our we are passing every time we do ...no options.. play breaks down....end of play.

You see he is not smart enough...that the easy answer.

I see the rest.

You think JP sucks...I am fine with that.

You and posters like you are all over the Draft Wr threads ....and sign the DJ hacket threads....and Get Ben Trope theads...and now we all see that fairchild sucks....and statisically horrible on deffense.....and still piont the finger at JP for everything.I am tired of it it is ill informed. Does jp share some of the blame....sure. He never had the talent to overcome all that crap...my piont was few qb's do. I dont want to keep these jp threads alive but the bashing is a bit much.

all other things being equal...JP was outplayed by TE. They both played behind the same crappy OLine. They both played with all the same variables with one major exception, two of the games TE played in were about the worst weather known to man for a football game. Case closed.

Typ0
04-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Trent with this current offensive roster...will eventually fail.

Scheme alone might be account for a slightly better offense now that Fairchild is gone.......but I would not want to go the big game with who we had and expect to win it all....

see post above.

acehole
04-06-2008, 05:01 PM
all other things being equal...JP was outplayed by TE. They both played behind the same crappy OLine. They both played with all the same variables with one major exception, two of the games TE played in were about the worst weather known to man for a football game. Case closed.

One of those game you mentioned we ran the ball almost the whole game.

I hate to break this to you but it is somtimes easier for a WR to get open in snowy conditions as they round thier routes off and make it hard for DB's to plant and persue...called banna routes.

Case closed?? Outplayed??

Not even close...I saw a lost puppy play Dallas and his name was Trent Edwards...but what piose though heh?

Why do the facts of who played better as far as qb rating say somthing else?

You have an opinion and are intitled to it..I just am one to base it on not only facts and stats but what I see beyond the QB position.

Not just on feeling like what I say is correct...or by repeating statements until they become true.

It is like what people say Trent is better in the short game...and the stats say somthing else.

Or "Trent is not injury prone"....and you look at school and the pros and guess what.... Facts say somthing else.

I see a qb who started the Jets game and sucked....got hurt.....and then one who came in and scored a TD...(Wow what a concept). I saw DB's back up for JP and earlier saw them put 8 in the box an dared him (Trent) to throw.

I saw Trent hit the ground with many of his short passes that are supposedly his stregth. I know I was there.....and these are the Jets.

If you care to look at things objectively....go watch the taped game...I am sure someone has it if you don't. If you want to go on facts rather then feelings and a open you mind to all factors you might see the same...

Case only closed for the closeminded and uninformed.

gr8slayer
04-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Edwards = Starting QB

Losman = Backup QB

Like it or not that's a fact, live with it.

acehole
04-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Edwards = Starting QB

Losman = Backup QB

Like it or not that's a fact, live with it.

Agree completely.

I hope to God Trent is all he is hyped up to be and can stay heathy.

if not I hope we keep these threads because we will inserting one or two new names if they don't fix what is broken (Beyond the QB) with team.

Typ0
04-06-2008, 06:00 PM
One of those game you mentioned we ran the ball almost the whole game.

I hate to break this to you but it is somtimes easier for a WR to get open in snowy conditions as they round thier routes off and make it hard for DB's to plant and persue...called banna routes.

Case closed?? Outplayed??

Not even close...I saw a lost puppy play Dallas and his name was Trent Edwards...but what piose though heh?

Why do the facts of who played better as far as qb rating say somthing else?

You have an opinion and are intitled to it..I just am one to base it on not only facts and stats but what I see beyond the QB position.

Not just on feeling like what I say is correct...or by repeating statements until they become true.

It is like what people say Trent is better in the short game...and the stats say somthing else.

Or "Trent is not injury prone"....and you look at school and the pros and guess what.... Facts say somthing else.

I see a qb who started the Jets game and sucked....got hurt.....and then one who came in and scored a TD...(Wow what a concept). I saw DB's back up for JP and earlier saw them put 8 in the box an dared him (Trent) to throw.

I saw Trent hit the ground with many of his short passes that are supposedly his stregth. I know I was there.....and these are the Jets.

If you care to look at things objectively....go watch the taped game...I am sure someone has it if you don't. If you want to go on facts rather then feelings and a open you mind to all factors you might see the same...

Case only closed for the closeminded and uninformed.

let's forget about you, me, and all the other blowhards on message boards for a minute. What do the coaches in the league have to say about the matter? What do the talent evaluators have to say? The pro's seem to be saying that JP is not starter material. That is void of how anyone feels about TE too...he just happens to be the guy on the team right now. Our staff is hoping that he gets it together and turns the crappy output we have had from the position for years around.

acehole
04-06-2008, 07:49 PM
let's forget about you, me, and all the other blowhards on message boards for a minute. What do the coaches in the league have to say about the matter? What do the talent evaluators have to say? The pro's seem to be saying that JP is not starter material. That is void of how anyone feels about TE too...he just happens to be the guy on the team right now. Our staff is hoping that he gets it together and turns the crappy output we have had from the position for years around.

You are correct ...the coaches look like they made ther decision...and I am with them and the Bills. The coach said they like both qb's and never said "He is not starting material.." Trent fits this offense better (dink and dunk dare I say "smart" game manager) and he is cheaper... JP is a cheap insurance policy...if he goes down or stinks it up bad. My main point a. JP was not handled well b. This roster has huge problems. C. JP is not good enough to overcome the worst rushing deffense in the NFL D.Everything is not his fault E. Trent Edwards will go down the same path if all of the above are not addressed F. I have not seen enough of Trent Edwards to say he is starting material "yet" G. If he fails we are set back another 3-5 years. H. I am tired of waiting for a contender

Thanks for being respectfull.

YardRat
04-06-2008, 08:27 PM

I've seen the defensive book on the Bills the last two years consist of putting eight in the box, stop the run, and make the QB beat you with the pass.

JP has proven he couldn't do it, even on a semi-consistent basis. Hopefully, Trent will.

If not, we go searching for someone who can.

Oaf
04-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Who do you think should be starting this coming season?
I'm honestly not sure, so that's why I say the better QB will prove himself in a battle this summer. All past records tossed out the window. Whoever can run Schonert's current system most effectively without any preconcieved notions about mental (JP) or physical (TE) abilities this TC and preseason gets my vote to start. Fair? No? Oh sorry for being a licker/hater/homo. I believe this is the sentiment of posters like Acehole, Justa, and Yordad as well.

HHURRICANE
04-07-2008, 07:37 AM
I'm honestly not sure, so that's why I say the better QB will prove himself in a battle this summer. All past records tossed out the window. Whoever can run Schonert's current system most effectively without any preconcieved notions about mental (JP) or physical (TE) abilities this TC and preseason gets my vote to start. Fair? No? Oh sorry for being a licker/hater/homo. I believe this is the sentiment of posters like Acehole, Justa, and Yordad as well.

The Redskins won a Superbowl in '92 with a guy who just chucked the ball downfield. But Rypien had one good season and it's the one where he won a Superbowl. JP on the right team, scheme, etc. could possibly be that guy.

However, we watched Trent buy that extra second to let receivers get open and he definately had better control of the offense and the plays. People want to act like this wasn't the case. JP got benched for a reason and people act like he got screwed. He didn't so let it go.

I have no problem with JP starting this year if he outplays Trent in pre-season. None. The reality is that it just won't happen. Trent looked better than JP last year in pre-season so I highly doubt anything is going to change.

So let me ask this question. Are people still going to be saying that JP got screwed if Trent does better in camp and pre-season?

TacklingDummy
04-07-2008, 07:47 AM
I hope to God Trent is all he is hyped up to be and can stay heathy.

Who's hyping Trent up? Just because we think TE is the better than JP doesn't mean much since JP sucks. That's not hype.

This is like how JP fans got pumped up over JP beating out Holcomb in that farce of QB competition. Big Deal, I would hope that JP could beat out Holcomb. Holcomb sucks also.

acehole
04-07-2008, 08:07 AM
No.

If the offensive plays stay the same.
We have an improvement on offense by subtraction with fairchild.
If we are not at the bottom in stopping the run..are offense will get a break.
Right there with either starting we should have slight improvement.

I understand what you are saying about trent below...bute statically JP completed more short passes then trent.

Listen it is possible JP is a tool to his team mates or somthing else behind the lockeroom door...this debate is really mute. Trent is the starter JP is the back up....if things dont improve it will be the trent supporters saying Trent got jobbed not us....

Bottom line is Reed is not a starter in the nfl. With no plays even called to the Tight ends...and no audibles do we really need to keep making this case?

If Trent was better in any area it was slightes of margins...is that our apex?

Football 101 is that a qb need to make progressions.....we simple did not have the ponies (Weapons)for the qb to do that.

All things being equal I think Trent will be as good or slightly better......

The part of equation the upsets me is equal.

Why cant we get some help on offense?

Why are we not in agreement on this?

I will tell you why if the Trent supporters say we need help it would be like saying JP did not have enough to work with,......

The Redskins won a Superbowl in '92 with a guy who just chucked the ball downfield. But Rypien had one good season and it's the one where he won a Superbowl. JP on the right team, scheme, etc. could possibly be that guy.

However, we watched Trent buy that extra second to let receivers get open and he definately had better control of the offense and the plays. People want to act like this wasn't the case. JP got benched for a reason and people act like he got screwed. He didn't so let it go.

I have no problem with JP starting this year if he outplays Trent in pre-season. None. The reality is that it just won't happen. Trent looked better than JP last year in pre-season so I highly doubt anything is going to change.

So let me ask this question. Are people still going to be saying that JP got screwed if Trent does better in camp and pre-season?

HHURRICANE
04-07-2008, 08:33 AM
No.

If the offensive plays stay the same.
We have an improvement on offense by subtraction with fairchild.
If we are not at the bottom in stopping the run..are offense will get a break.
Right there with either starting we should have slight improvement.

I understand what you are saying about trent below...bute statically JP completed more short passes then trent.

Listen it is possible JP is a tool to his team mates or somthing else behind the lockeroom door...this debate is really mute. Trent is the starter JP is the back up....if things dont improve it will be the trent supporters saying Trent got jobbed not us....

Not sure what your total point is but:

1) Yes, Fairchild sucked.

2) We did not have enough offensive weapons.

3) We need more offensive weapons and an OC that will mix things up.

However, Trent looked better in the pocket and handled the pass rush much better than JP. The arm thing is a joke because Trent's arm is every bit as strong as JPs. You did watch the Redskins game?

So the way I look at it is that Trent has better tools to start with so while adding weapons helps both players ultimately Trent benfits more.

HHURRICANE
04-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Who's hyping Trent up? Just because we think TE is the better than JP doesn't mean much since JP sucks. That's not hype.

This is like how JP fans got pumped up over JP beating out Holcomb in that farce of QB competition. Big Deal, I would hope that JP could beat out Holcomb. Holcomb sucks also.

BINGO. People want to make everyone who thinks Trent is better into Trent lickers. I think Trent is better than JP but that doesn't mean squat at this point. Trent is going to probably get more scrutiny than JP ever got so he'd better play well.

Until a QB comes in here and actually proves that he should be starting I'm not joining any bandwagon. I made that mistake with JP.

Philagape
04-07-2008, 09:06 AM
BINGO. People want to make everyone who thinks Trent is better into Trent lickers. I think Trent is better than JP but that doesn't mean squat at this point. Trent is going to probably get more scrutiny than JP ever got so he'd better play well.

Until a QB comes in here and actually proves that he should be starting I'm not joining any bandwagon. I made that mistake with JP.

If Trent is still playing in his third year like he is now, I'll dump him just as quickly.
I supported JP for two years, then his grace period ran out. He regressed in 07 despite the same system and better line. My support of any QB is directly tied to what they do on the field.

justasportsfan
04-07-2008, 09:26 AM
thats been answered several times already.

HHURRICANE
04-07-2008, 11:06 AM
thats been answered several times already.

It has? So it's okay to assume that this debate is over than.

justasportsfan
04-07-2008, 11:28 AM
It has? So it's okay to assume that this debate is over than.
nope. Depends on how camp goes.

TacklingDummy
04-07-2008, 11:30 AM
nope. Depends on how camp goes.

Camp or pre-season games?

Pre-season games might be an advantage for Losman. He should be playing the 2nd, 3rd, 4th string scrubs.

justasportsfan
04-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Camp or pre-season games?

Pre-season games might be an advantage for Losman. He should be playing the 2nd, 3rd, 4th string scrubs.

Camp. If there is fair competition at camp, I will go with who the coaches pick. Unlike you who thinks the job was handed to JP during the competition vs. Holcomb.

This debate may even go further than preseason. If Trent goes down and JP comes in and lights it up, Qb controversy will be alive and kicking again.

TacklingDummy
04-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Camp. If there is fair competition at camp, I will go with who the coaches pick.

Camp is nice and all but I care more about how they look in pre-season games.

justasportsfan
04-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Camp is nice and all but I care more about how they look in pre-season games.

I thought you said the other qb plays 3rd or 4th strings. Not a good basis to use. Jim Kelly and co. looked like crap in preseason.

TacklingDummy
04-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Camp. If there is fair competition at camp, I will go with who the coaches pick. Unlike you who thinks the job was handed to JP during the competition vs. Holcomb.

True. And it was.

TacklingDummy
04-07-2008, 11:39 AM
I thought you said the other qb plays 3rd or 4th strings. Not a good basis to use.

If I was head coach Trent would get to start games 1, 3 and JP would get to start games 2, 4 . Or Vice versa. That's if I had any questions on who the starter should be.

Practicing against your own players doesn't really mean that much, imo.

justasportsfan
04-07-2008, 11:47 AM
I've seen the defensive book on the Bills the last two years consist of putting eight in the box, stop the run, and make the QB beat you with the pass.

JP has proven he couldn't do it, even on a semi-consistent basis. Hopefully, Trent will.

If not, we go searching for someone who can.
Once again, lets blame JP and forget the other simple FACTS that you need a decent OL, OC and weapons to be consistent in this league. Neither Palmer nor Peyton would've been consistent under the same circumstances. Brady would've looked like crap too . None of those qb's would've developed into anything special if we drafted them and developed them they way we developed JP.

justasportsfan
04-07-2008, 11:48 AM
If I was head coach Trent would get to start games 1, 3 and JP would get to start games 2, 4 . Or Vice versa. That's if I had any questions on who the starter should be.

Practicing against your own players doesn't really mean that much, imo.

If you were the HC.

TacklingDummy
04-07-2008, 12:14 PM
I find it funny that the JP L........ now want a QB competition. Last year when Trent was better than JP in camp/pre-season we didn't hear about how Trent should be starter because he was better in camp.

Pre-season

JP:25 of 45, 321 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 55% Comp, 76.2 Rating

TE: 46 of 61, 432 yards, 1 TD, 0 Ints., 75% Comp, 99.8 Rating.

TacklingDummy
04-07-2008, 12:15 PM
None of those qb's would've developed into anything special if we drafted them and developed them they way we developed JP.

Says you.

justasportsfan
04-07-2008, 12:16 PM
True. And it was.

Oh well. We were witnesses . You weren't.

justasportsfan
04-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Says you.
says common sense AKA football 101.

trapezeus
04-07-2008, 01:55 PM
says common sense AKA football 101.

i don't recall peyton manning playing as poorly as JP did when he was a rookie and he joined a horrendous colts team. Making claims that can never test doesn't help your case.

Again, i'm all for competition for the first week of camp, but to have an entire camp dedicated to figure out something everyone else figured out in the 2007 season is beyond thought. JP and Edwards played with the exact same tools last year, and that competition showed edwards to be better. is he a messiah to save the bills, who knows, but he's better than Losman.

To have a camp long competiton, its going to leave the bills vulnerable to starting slow out the gates again. and as we all know, like the sabres, those early games come back to bite you later in the season.

I'd be all up for a competition between edwards and someone who he has to strive to get better than. Trade losman and bring in any decent vet who knows how to read a defense, and then i'm willing to take the gamble to get a better QB. Then the "slow out the gate" worry goes away a bit.

justasportsfan
04-07-2008, 02:13 PM
i don't recall peyton manning playing as poorly as JP did when he was a rookie and he joined a horrendous colts team. Making claims that can never test doesn't help your case.

He had Polian. Any more questions?

Game over/end of story/checkmate.

colin
04-07-2008, 03:05 PM
jp got handed the team on a golden platter. he had a kinda OK group around him with willis, a bad line, moulds, evans, at the time a very good D, and the best special teams in the NFL.

he was asked to do very little, but he was asked to be a pro. special coaches came in (wyche) and groomed him for 2 offseasons where he was handed the job.

he was horrible. absolutely horrible. way way worse than trent has ever been. his play in tampa and at home against atlanta put him clearly in the laughing stock of the nfl.

couple good games in 06, and regression in 07. he's not a good qb, has never been a good qb, and never will be a good qb. he just sinks.

trent is a promising rook. he made rook errors and looked out matched at times. he was a good looking first year player in tough conditions. that's all he is, but it is more than jp has ever been

justasportsfan
04-07-2008, 03:51 PM
jp got handed the team on a golden platter. he had a kinda OK group around him with willis, a bad line, moulds, evans, at the time a very good D, and the best special teams in the NFL.

he was asked to do very little, but he was asked to be a pro. special coaches came in (wyche) and groomed him for 2 offseasons where he was handed the job.

he was horrible. absolutely horrible. way way worse than trent has ever been. his play in tampa and at home against atlanta put him clearly in the laughing stock of the nfl.

couple good games in 06, and regression in 07. he's not a good qb, has never been a good qb, and never will be a good qb. he just sinks.

trent is a promising rook. he made rook errors and looked out matched at times. he was a good looking first year player in tough conditions. that's all he is, but it is more than jp has ever been:rofl:

TacklingDummy
04-07-2008, 03:55 PM

trent is a promising rook. he made rook errors and looked out matched at times. he was a good looking first year player in tough conditions. that's all he is, but it is more than jp has ever been

Preach On. :up:

trapezeus
04-07-2008, 04:19 PM
He had Polian. Any more questions?

Game over/end of story/checkmate.

I'm sorry, did Polian catch a lot of passes or make a lot of blocks for Manning that first year? Sure, he started to get him the pieces he needed to succeed, but that took time as well and those pieces came in slowly and steadily. The same argument could be made about the current bills. They've been making acquisitions over the last two years to build up the team.

The Bills are building with a decent line last year and a RB who is lights out stronger and more durable than WMcg. Losman got to play with them, yet he did nothing. Losman got worse whereas Manning's performance got better. Oh yeah, and Manning was capable of throwing for more than 200 yards per game in his first year with a terrible team.

But i remember coaching is what screwed up JP. "He's a playmaker, just let him play.Don't confine him to gameplans and playbooks. He's got mad skillz to run for 100 yards, throw for 400 and 6 TD's a game. all if he didn't have to follow a playbook, man." But if that's the case, why didn't he make plays out of nothing. Or is he such a good follower (also to be read as "not a leader") that he decided to let the broken plays stand. Because coaches would rather see their teams fail under their plan than succeed under brilliant play.

I guess i'm still a hater or some other term other than a fan who has seen enough from Losman to know better.

if losman played on any other team, people would all find him a joke.

justasportsfan
04-07-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm sorry, did Polian catch a lot of passes or make a lot of blocks for Manning that first year? Sure, he started to get him the pieces he needed to succeed, but that took time as well and those pieces came in slowly and steadily. The same argument could be made about the current bills. They've been making acquisitions over the last two years to build up the team.

The Bills are building with a decent line last year and a RB who is lights out stronger and more durable than WMcg. Losman got to play with them, yet he did nothing. Losman got worse whereas Manning's performance got better. Oh yeah, and Manning was capable of throwing for more than 200 yards per game in his first year with a terrible team.

But i remember coaching is what screwed up JP. "He's a playmaker, just let him play.Don't confine him to gameplans and playbooks. He's got mad skillz to run for 100 yards, throw for 400 and 6 TD's a game. all if he didn't have to follow a playbook, man." But if that's the case, why didn't he make plays out of nothing. Or is he such a good follower (also to be read as "not a leader") that he decided to let the broken plays stand. Because coaches would rather see their teams fail under their plan than succeed under brilliant play.

I guess i'm still a hater or some other term other than a fan who has seen enough from Losman to know better.

if losman played on any other team, people would all find him a joke.
Poilan knew how to build a team. He knew how to choose the right coaches. He knew Manning needed weapons. He knew Manning needed AN OL. The fact that you agree wioth the above mentioned proves that Manning himself needs a whole lot of help to succeed. SOMETHING JP NEVER HAD HERE and yet you expect a rookie qb to succeed? Sounds like you can't even agree with yourself.

In case you can't add 1+1 , while they were putting the pieces for Manning to succeed, he had continuity in almost everything. JP had no continuity in coaching, OL or supporting cast. THATS A FACT.

If JP played on the giants he most likle could do what Eli did. He was better than Eli with less and no continuity that Eli had. . That's a FACT. Eli also had a coach who knew how to build a team. Thats a FACT.

Anyone who thinks Trent would succeed under the same circumstances JP was drafted in probably think Trent does not need anymore weapons ,OL or a decent coach. Try switching coaches ,OL and supporting cast. See what Trent can do if he even lives to see a 4th year.

Dunggy vs. Mualrkey and Fairchild is hilarious. Manning would've asked to be traded if he had that kind of coaching.

HHURRICANE
04-07-2008, 04:41 PM

Again, i'm all for competition for the first week of camp, but to have an entire camp dedicated to figure out something everyone else figured out in the 2007 season is beyond thought. JP and Edwards played with the exact same tools last year, and that competition showed edwards to be better. is he a messiah to save the bills, who knows, but he's better than Losman.

To have a camp long competiton, its going to leave the bills vulnerable to starting slow out the gates again. and as we all know, like the sabres, those early games come back to bite you later in the season.

I'd be all up for a competition between edwards and someone who he has to strive to get better than. Trade losman and bring in any decent vet who knows how to read a defense, and then i'm willing to take the gamble to get a better QB. Then the "slow out the gate" worry goes away a bit.

Edwards is already coming in as the starter so I don't think this is a QB competition. All I have said is that if JP somehow outplayed Trent than he would desevve the job. Won't happen so don't worry about it.

justasportsfan
04-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Won't happen so don't worry about it.
too late. Trent lickers are already worried . If they weren't they wouldn't sweat JP being here .
In the back of their minds they most likely know JP could improve on his 06 stats with a better supporting cast.

trapezeus
04-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Poilan knew how to build a team. He knew how to choose the right coaches. He knew Manning needed weapons. He knew Manning needed AN OL. The fact that you agree wioth the above mentioned proves that Manning himself needs a whole lot of help to succeed. SOMETHING JP NEVER HAD HERE and yet you expect a rookie qb to succeed? Sounds like you can't even agree with yourself.

In case you can't add 1+1 , while they were putting the pieces for Manning to succeed, he had continuity in almost everything. JP had no continuity in coaching, OL or supporting cast. THATS A FACT.

If JP played on the giants he most likle could do what Eli did. He was better than Eli with less and no continuity that Eli had. . That's a FACT. Eli also had a coach who knew how to build a team. Thats a FACT.

Anyone who thinks Trent would succeed under the same circumstances JP was drafted in probably think Trent does not need anymore weapons ,OL or a decent coach. Try switching coaches ,OL and supporting cast. See what Trent can do if he even lives to see a 4th year.

Dunggy vs. Mualrkey and Fairchild is hilarious. Manning would've asked to be traded if he had that kind of coaching.

JP had the line last year, he had the running game the whole time. IF teams knew we were running and put 8 in the box all the time, how come evans and JP couldn't nail the bomb every time in one on one coverage? Oh right, its' the lines fault. But i thought JP was able to scramble for yards and be a threat for picking up yards? Oh right, the coaches told him to stand in the pocket and JP being a leader said, "i'm not going to do what the coaches told me. i'm going to stand back here and make horrible throws and awful decisions. That'll show the coachs that i need to be running for my life throwing the bomb."

Let's suppose that i think Eli manning is any good and was any reason the giants won the superbowl, Manning also was able to make all the passes on the field. Sure he had horrible lapse of judgement and made mental mistakes, but in some ways his running game got worse last year, and he played better. Manning reads defenses and is a pocket QB.

Peyton Manning's struggles in his first year looked nothing to how JP handled himself in his first year as starter. His weapons were not instaneously upgraded for year two. You look at Manning's first year stats, he actually moved the ball without relying on garbage time yards. he averaged 200+ yards a game in his rookie season. JP has yet to do that. "But Manning didn't play on the Bills" Again, i point you back to the fact he played for a much worse team.

I know you always fight the argument that jp doesn't get most of his yards when the game is out of hand, but it's true. Go ahead and ask for facts. i have no idea where to find those facts. I just watch the games. i know that a majority of the games with JP that if he isn't playing well in the first few drives then he won't do anything until the 4th quarter when the game is out of hand and the stadium is half empty. No other first round qb from 2004 is as inconsistant.

We are at the point in this debate that you'll just have to see that Losman's career is virtually over. The guy has 1000 excuses for every mistake and why its occured. while its fun for fans to chit chat about it, most coaches see that Losman is a project that isn't worth it. Project players are worth it fresh out of school and have upside. after 3-4 years of no return, very few players get a serious nod again. And as a result they do nothing with their careers.

The fact is, when JP had a chance to be a starter and be a meaningful impact player in this league, he squandered his chances time and time again. He can not ask for or expect to get a shot to be the starter again.

I'm not terribly worried about trent winning in a competition. but it just seems pointless since he won the competition based off last year's performance and it takes reps away from the guy who would win anyway. This is the same argument that everyone had, including myself, when JP had to beat Holcomb for the position. EVeryone knew losman was the better QB and that holcomb wouldn't get it done. Had they brought in a better qb who'd push trent, then i'd be up for it. because its worth having a better qb play. but out of our current roster, we know who the better qb is and there is no need for a competition so a guy with a Mr. Bean avatar can feel like things have been dealt with appropriately.

HHURRICANE
04-07-2008, 04:59 PM
too late. Trent lickers are already worried . If they weren't they wouldn't sweat JP being here .
In the back of their minds they most likely know JP could improve on his 06 stats with a better supporting cast.

I think you have to go into camp with a starter. I think that's all people are saying. Leftwich went in as the starter in Jacksonville and ended up on the street.

Trent isn't Jim Kelly so he can't afford to have a bad camp so he needs to play better than JP. Fair is fair.

With that said I don't think Trent will be looking over his shoulder. This season should be tailored to his strengths.

justasportsfan
04-07-2008, 05:11 PM
I think you have to go into camp with a starter. I think that's all people are saying. Leftwich went in as the starter in Jacksonville and ended up on the street.

Trent isn't Jim Kelly so he can't afford to have a bad camp so he needs to play better than JP. Fair is fair.

With that said I don't think Trent will be looking over his shoulder. This season should be tailored to his strengths.
I have stated it's Trents job to lose. He goes in as no.1. No argument there.

I hope they do tailor this season to Trents strengths because the same CANNOT be said about JP which is why he failed. Why do you think MArv and Dick tried to build an OL last year and are looking to bring in help for Trent? Because they know Trent won't succeed if they try to develop Trent like TD tried with JP by ignoring the OL or bringing in guys like Bennie Anderson. The lickers can't even see that.

Hell , even the lickers know that Trent won't succeed without help.

justasportsfan
04-07-2008, 05:17 PM
JP had the line last year, he had the running game the whole time. IF teams knew we were running and put 8 in the box all the time, how come evans and JP couldn't nail the bomb every time in one on one coverage? Oh right, its' the lines fault. But i thought JP was able to scramble for yards and be a threat for picking up yards? Oh right, the coaches told him to stand in the pocket and JP being a leader said, "i'm not going to do what the coaches told me. i'm going to stand back here and make horrible throws and awful decisions. That'll show the coachs that i need to be running for my life throwing the bomb."

Let's suppose that i think Eli manning is any good and was any reason the giants won the superbowl, Manning also was able to make all the passes on the field. Sure he had horrible lapse of judgement and made mental mistakes, but in some ways his running game got worse last year, and he played better. Manning reads defenses and is a pocket QB.

Peyton Manning's struggles in his first year looked nothing to how JP handled himself in his first year as starter. His weapons were not instaneously upgraded for year two. You look at Manning's first year stats, he actually moved the ball without relying on garbage time yards. he averaged 200+ yards a game in his rookie season. JP has yet to do that. "But Manning didn't play on the Bills" Again, i point you back to the fact he played for a much worse team.

I know you always fight the argument that jp doesn't get most of his yards when the game is out of hand, but it's true. Go ahead and ask for facts. i have no idea where to find those facts. I just watch the games. i know that a majority of the games with JP that if he isn't playing well in the first few drives then he won't do anything until the 4th quarter when the game is out of hand and the stadium is half empty. No other first round qb from 2004 is as inconsistant.

We are at the point in this debate that you'll just have to see that Losman's career is virtually over. The guy has 1000 excuses for every mistake and why its occured. while its fun for fans to chit chat about it, most coaches see that Losman is a project that isn't worth it. Project players are worth it fresh out of school and have upside. after 3-4 years of no return, very few players get a serious nod again. And as a result they do nothing with their careers.

The fact is, when JP had a chance to be a starter and be a meaningful impact player in this league, he squandered his chances time and time again. He can not ask for or expect to get a shot to be the starter again.

I'm not terribly worried about trent winning in a competition. but it just seems pointless since he won the competition based off last year's performance and it takes reps away from the guy who would win anyway. This is the same argument that everyone had, including myself, when JP had to beat Holcomb for the position. EVeryone knew losman was the better QB and that holcomb wouldn't get it done. Had they brought in a better qb who'd push trent, then i'd be up for it. because its worth having a better qb play. but out of our current roster, we know who the better qb is and there is no need for a competition so a guy with a Mr. Bean avatar can feel like things have been dealt with appropriately.

Haha! Are you so desperate to find something that you'll pick on my avatar. The way things are , Bean would be so much smarter than your posts thats self contradictory.

JP had a line last year? He had an OL that was a work in progress. Ask the players themselves who said the Ol was still trying to gel in the early part of the season. Are you implying you know more than the players themselves?

The only reason why the OL was average because they are a bunch of lard assess that's hard to move. Otherwise they sucked if the qb didn't dink and dunk.
Here's proof , The very same OL almost got Trent killed in the 2nd game against the jets. Oh wait, isn't that the game where Trent got injured ? I rest my case.

Project players will never improve if they are running for their life. Common sense please.

And since you brought up the running game, Lynch had better ypc when JP was the qb. THATS A FACT!

Gotta run trap. One advice, read your own posts. You state that JP hardly had any help . You just checkmated yourself. Have a good night. :up:

acehole
04-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Not sure what your total point is but:

1) Yes, Fairchild sucked.

2) We did not have enough offensive weapons.

3) We need more offensive weapons and an OC that will mix things up.

However, Trent looked better in the pocket and handled the pass rush much better than JP. The arm thing is a joke because Trent's arm is every bit as strong as JPs. You did watch the Redskins game?

So the way I look at it is that Trent has better tools to start with so while adding weapons helps both players ultimately Trent benfits more.

Ok.

gr8slayer
04-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Can't we just start Hamden?

trapezeus
04-07-2008, 07:48 PM

you always say your a bills fan first, yet you want to go through another crapfest season with JP.

I can't repeat enough what the majority of bills fans feel. No one is sweating JP beating trent. and most of us aren't sure Trent's the answer either, but we know which one won't work. so we're done with JP. and yes, i think keeping jp here is an expensive back up who provides very little comfort that in the event he has to play can execute at any meaningful, long term level.

JP could improve on his 06 stats and the wizard of Oz could give ever lasting life to tinkerbell so she can cure the sickness throughout all the world. or you can view this life on real terms and know that JP is just a volatility curve. and he'll never be able to get you more than 1 or 2 big plays in his best game, and in his worst game he'll keep making the same pavlonian mistake until the clock reads :00.

TacklingDummy
04-07-2008, 08:19 PM
QB's are suppose to make the players around them better. Flutie (2 years), Kelly, Brady, Favre, Marino, Elway, all did it. JP/RJ made them worse.

acehole
04-07-2008, 08:21 PM
QB's are suppose to make the players around them better. Flutie (2 years), Kelly, Brady, Favre, Marino, Elway, all did it. JP/RJ made them worse.

Where is this written?

Anyway those guys were surrounded by all - pros as well....

Who made who?

Oaf
04-25-2008, 12:51 AM

Solid post, and agreed. Although I will somewhat mantain JP got the short end, if TE outperforms him I will say that TE finally deserves to be the starter. And if we start winning consistently under Edwards, I'll stop b****ing about Losman period, especially when he flips us the bird and takes off after 08. I just think that we'll see a lot of fight in Losman this year in the preseason and during the season as a backup.

Mad Max
04-25-2008, 02:08 AM
Also made a point of saying that Royal was completely underutilized

I wonder if that had anything to do with his undertalentedness.