X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

WHY PICK A WR in Round #1

I know most of the people on here think that the BILLS will pick a WR in the 1st round. My question to you is shouldn't we get the BEST player available.

I know the BILLS need a #2 WR to go next to Lee. I know Malcomb Kelly, and Devin Thomas are good players but I think they are a reach at the 11 spot. Knowing JAURON is a DEFENSIVE minded coach do you see him passing over a PASS RUSHING DE in HARVEY!!! A CB like MIKE JENKINS, Leodis McKelvin, or maybe even a stud like KEITH RIVERS ( I think he will be gone anyway).

TO beat the PATRIOTS in this division we need to add some good talent in our secondary and our pass rush. IT will be so hard to pass up some DEFENSIVE guy that can help this team right away. IM not saying we shouldnt go offense but I think that should wait till the 2nd ROUND!!!!!!!!!! I think a guy like Early Doucet, or even Manningham will be there, don't be surprsied if 1 of the top WR slips as well I think it will be KELLY and his knee injuries.........

LATER!!!!
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!
  • DrGraves
    • Mar 2008

Re: WHY PICK A WR in Round #1

umm because we don't have any fricken good wr's????

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

I'm so sick of the word reach. If a player successfully fills a need, and he wouldn't have been there at the team's next pick, it's not a reach. And that won't be known for years.
      Another reason why it's irrelevant now is because all it's based on is media mock drafts, and who gives a crap about that. They don't know what other teams will do.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

I'm all for Caldwell in the second, but we may have to move up to lock it. He has a chance to be the best in this class.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
          I'm so sick of the word reach. If a player successfully fills a need, and he wouldn't have been there at the team's next pick, it's not a reach. And that won't be known for years.
          Another reason why it's irrelevant now is because all it's based on is media mock drafts, and who gives a crap about that. They don't know what other teams will do.
          I agree. And there are no sure things in any draft, particularly when you're out of the top ten. I can't figure out why McKelvin, Jenkins and DRC are presumed to be locks, while Kelly and Thomas are reaches.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

How do you deem something to be a reach? I can think of a few different ways. What do you think of when you say "reach"?

They would have been available much later?
            The career they go onto have?
            Where they are at in terms of BPA?
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

WHY is devin thomas or malcom kelly a reach?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                Because the mock draft at www.wehaveourownsitesowe'reexperts.com had him going five spots later
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  That is basically what I am asking. I guess my wording was a little too wordy.
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• coastal
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Devin Thomas is top 10 talent.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by coastal
                      Devin Thomas is top 10 talent.
                      MAYBE he is like a few of u said you never know.

I think the people that know football and I have a friend that is a scout for the NFL has said there is not a WR that is worth a top 10....But probably in the top 20......He thinks the BILLS will go Defense but definitely could go WR if they feel WR will go fast...

I KNOW THE BILLS NEED A WR.........
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                        I think the people that know football and I have a friend that is a scout for the NFL has said there is not a WR that is worth a top 10....But probably in the top 20
                        Good thing we're No. 11

What the hell's the difference anyway? What NFL GM would say "We really like this guy and he fills a need, but we can't take him because the so-called experts say it's seven or eight spots too soon."

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

They are a reach because chances are we can trade up into the late first and still grab one of them.. This WR class is pretty deep and a good WR should be available with our pick in the 2nd round anyways, so why not take the best player available in the 1st? It wouldn't hurt to have a talented CB that could match up against Moss or a DE that could get inside Brady's head and rattle the young QB's in our division. ( I heard somebody else here say that awhile ago here and I'm not sure who said or I would have given you propers.. )

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                            They are a reach because chances are we can trade up into the late first and still grab one of them.. This WR class is pretty deep and a good WR should be available with our pick in the 2nd round anyways, so why not take the best player available in the 1st? It wouldn't hurt to have a talented CB that could match up against Moss or a DE that could get inside Brady's head and rattle the young QB's in our division. ( I heard somebody else here say that awhile ago here and I'm not sure who said or I would have given you propers.. )
                            Who says chances are we can trade? That's a pretty big variable; it depends on factors the Bills have no control over, like other teams' willingness to trade, other teams making trades, and what they want in exchange.
                            Never assume what can happen who will be there later on. The Bills should draft according to their board only.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

I'd feel a lot better about going BPA for the entire draft if the FO had done anything at all to address the WR position before we actually pick, but still won't be upset if we go CB, DE, maybe even DT if someone falls into our lap.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X