PDA

View Full Version : So, who exactly is in charge here?

OpIv37
04-03-2008, 04:31 PM
A buddy of mine- Skins fan- asked me who was in charge now that Levy left the Bills.

I told him this:

Russ Brandon, our old marketing guy, is the new COO. He's the guy at the top, but personnel decisions are made by him, Jim Overdorf (VP of Football Administration), John Guy (VP of Pro Personnel), Tom Modrak (VP of College Scouting), and Jauron. So, it's sort of GM by committee.

I think the way it works is that Overdorf makes the decisions with input from Guy, Modrak and Jauron with Brandon having the final approval.

But I don't really know if it's right. Anyone know what's going on at OBD these days?

justasportsfan
04-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Mrs. Wilson.

Seriously I think they decide by committee.

Jan Reimers
04-03-2008, 05:04 PM
I really don't know, but Brandon and Overdorf really aren't professional talent evaluators or "football guys," if you will.

I would think that as far as the draft, if Modrak (our college guru) and Jauron agree, that's probably it. If there is some hopeless deadlock - which I really don't see happening - Brandon would step in.

mybills
04-04-2008, 06:31 AM
They're pulling a Belichick..screw with everyone's mind..keep 'em all guessing!

DraftBoy
04-04-2008, 07:34 AM
I think Brandon is the grand pooba if you will who is technically the top dog and has final approval. I think Guy deals with FA, Overdorf with contracts, and Modrak the draft. Just my opinion though.